Advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed.

Sorry to be a pain but I now have a confusion. I have an agreement from the Met exceptionally to expedite deletion of DNA, PNC records, fingerprints, photographs, arrest records etc.. This exceptional deletion of all information regarding the arrest shows, in the opinion of my solicitor, that the Met is of the opinion that no crime occurred.

However, I was arrested at the request of the Met by a provincial force. I was held by them for some 9 hours until they handed me over to two Met officers who had driven down in a van from London. They did not interview me and I did not provide them with any information or response to the accusation. I was never charged. I was interviewed by the Met Sapphire team.

I sent the local force the letter from the Met saying they were carrying out an exceptional deletion.

However, the local force have said they will review my arrest record, photographs, and other information in 10 years (I presume after the arrest which was in 2011) but not before.

What steps should I take to appeal the local force's decision to retain my records. Thank you very much for any help or advice:-)
Working...
X