No announcement yet.

Would like some advice and opinions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like some advice and opinions....

Hello,

I have come across this website so many times in the last 6 months and have finally decided to post something.
    (We live in the US, but from what I've read, the laws and procedures seem very similar)

My boyfriend of 3 years has been accused of raping his younger step-sister multiple times. To be exact, 11 counts of rape by instrumentation (because she says there was not intercourse, just touching) supposedly spread over the last 10 years. He is now 22 and she is 15.

It is not true, however there is one incident that makes him look really bad. A long time ago when they first became step siblings, they were caught playing truth or dare, with her pants down. Nothing happened but the mother of the girl reported it to DHS (she was in a custody battle and wanted everything out in the open) and they went to counseling a few times. This was when she was around 5 and he around 12. Yes, he was older and should have known better, but kids will be kids and do this kind of thing.
    The cops know every bit of this.

Since this incident, she has had a crush on him and would act provocatively towards him when no one was around (leaving out the details just in case someone is snooping . He was so embarassed about the first incident and couldnt stand to be around her because the way she acted now, which is why he moved around so much before he graduated hs.
    The cops also know this, which was told to them by someone who believes he didn't do it, and knew his side. The convo between the cop and the person is recorded on a voice recorder.

Six months ago, he stopped by to see his dad, and she was acting provocatively towards him, then another sister walked in. (this other sister and him really got along and actually had a sibling type bond until this) My bf said he was already half way out the door and he didnt know if the sister had actually seen the being provocative towards him, and did not stay to find out. 3 days later a cop is at his door with a protective order against him for the girl. Apparently her sister did see, and so she made up a lie to protect herself.

The cop did not arrest him and said that it was because it was protective order not a restraining order (which makes no sense at all, I think the cop just didn't feel like taking him in, so he didn't)
    About a month after that, the cops went to the school and interviewed other sister, she told them she never saw him being weird around the "victim" sister and he was never weird towards her, they acted like bro and sis.

After a few more appearances and questioning here and there from the cops, it died out and 6 months later there has still been nothing.

He has been represented by an attorney at the 2 hearings for the protective order, but not by a good one. He has never been arrested, or interviewed by police, and there is no warrant out for his arrest. I check weekly.

I would like to know your opinions and what you think about the time frame. I have heard it just takes this long sometimes, because maybe the District attorney is really overloaded with work and just hasn't gotten to it yet.

Oh yea, the family does not want to press charges and have told the police, but as I understand it is not up to them, its up to the district attorney.

sorry its so long,
    Thank you for your help!

Hello, just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Many of our female members are in exactly your position and I am sure they will be along to offer support.

I am reluctant to offer any opinion on how your boyfriends case will go as procedures are different i.e. here he would have doubtless already been arrested and interviewed but probably not charged, whereas in the USA an arrest is a much more serious matter.

I suppose that the general theme is the same though in that, the more seriously the police view the allegation, the quicker the procedures will be, so that fact that he has heard nothing is cause for cautious optimism.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi - welcome to the forum - I hope that you will find some good advice and support here.....
      "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Working...
      X