Please help, advice urgently needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, advice urgently needed!!

Hi all, just wondered if you could answer some of my question please?!
    My partner has to answer bail tonight for the first time in a year. He was told yesteryear by the solicitor that he has to answer bail, but they were not given a reason why. The solicitor said it could be one of three things; to be released, to be requestioned or to be charged. As far as we know there is no further evidence that what was at the begining.

Can new evidence come to light to the cps?

Can they decide to charge based only on the evidence they had at the begining?

Is it usual practice to bring someone in in the evening?

If he is to be requestioned, will they hold him in a cell again?

If they charge him, will he be released straight away?

Can they/do they bring people in just to NFA?

Why might they have not told his solicitor the reason for him to answer bail?

If is a teacher who is charged, do they automatically lose their job? I

I'm more than a little anxious here!!
    Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace.

Also, if significant new evidence came to light, would they bring him in immediately to charge him or requestion him, or would they just leave it to the bail date?

Surely sexual activity and rape of a student is seen to be a very serious allegation , surely they wouldnt be this blarze about it would they?
    Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace.

Comment

Hi Believe,

I can imagine how worried you are. I don't know all the answers to your questions but from reading other threads from England I would have thought your Husbands Solicitor would have had to have been notified if he was going to be requestioned, so he could be there.

I really hope you get some good news tonight.

Comment

Hi Believe - I replied to your other thread before I saw this one. It really is an awful situation not to be told why your husband has to go back - they obviously have no idea of the strain all this causes. I don't know anything really about the legal ins and outs but as Izzy says, as your husband is entitled to a solicitor present, and your solicitor doesn't know anything about it, maybe - just maybe this is a positive thing.... sending Angels to watch over you both. PLease let us know - maybe we need the bananas ready????
        "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm really worried, but at the end of the day we will just have to deal with it if there is a negative outcome. The solicitor contacted the police yesterday to find out what was going on. They were given no information as to what was going to happen and to why he has to attend bail. But the solicitor has said that they will be there for him. The solicitor just said to him that it could be one of three things: 1. To be requestioned, 2. To be charged or 3. To be requestioned.

I'm not sure if the solicitor was actually told they had to be there or if they just are...

Comment

He's being charged tonight. We're not sure what with, they just said with the offenses. I really don't know what to say, I'm shocked, worried, anxious and strangly relieved. Practical advice on how to deal with emotions and practical stuff such as what to do if he loses his job, if social services are likely to be involved as we have two small children. Not sure what to do with myself... My partner is devastated, all he's ever done in his life is help people...

Comment

Believe, this now gives you the chance to fight this.
              Please send me your email address via pm.
              "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Again - replied to your other thread before I saw this one - really really sorry. Faith is right though - you both now have a chance to firght this rather than hanging in limbo waiting. Is your husband in a union? If so I'm sure they're helping already. Also has he seen the FACT website - link below. Be strong - keep coming on here - don't disappear - we'll all help

http://www.factuk.org/

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this, I had thought it was going no-where.

But do remember that this is not the end of your fight but the beginning and just think how many bananas we've dished out recently!
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Myhome makes a good recommendation with FACT.
                    I'd advise this to anyone falsely accused in the teaching profession

Comment

I'm really sorry Believe, I can imagine all the mixed emotions you are going through.

It is the beginning of your fight - take all the help you can get and stand strong against it.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your support. He's received his charges, I'm not going to post them, but feel strangely relieved as they are completel.y defendable. They are not as serious as we first thought, which is why this has probably taken so long. I guess they didn't see it as a priority. One thing I will say is that in her original statement she claims she was raped repeatedly and she was under age, but her statement has now changed to it being consensual but under age!! She has tripped up already by changing her story, are the cps completely stupid??!! Not once in the past year had he been requestioned to defend his corner, so balls to them as we are going to make them all look completely stupid in court!! We're ready for a fight!!

Comment

Way to go Believe!!!! Hope you get a good team and get this sorted - it'll be another long haul I guess.....

Comment

Originally posted by Believe View Post
                            Thank you everyone for your support. He's received his charges, I'm not going to post them, but feel strangely relieved as they are completel.y defendable. They are not as serious as we first thought, which is why this has probably taken so long. I guess they didn't see it as a priority. One thing I will say is that in her original statement she claims she was raped repeatedly and she was under age, but her statement has now changed to it being consensual but under age!! She has tripped up already by changing her story, are the cps completely stupid??!! Not once in the past year had he been requestioned to defend his corner, so balls to them as we are going to make them all look completely stupid in court!! We're ready for a fight!!
                            Email awaits hon

Comment

Keep on being strong, Believe! We had the same, just before Christmas, my hubby was called in for a "short interview" on his bail date, unbelievable that they just get this info on the "exact bail date" when they are supposed to let you know as soon as poss, a few months down the line. He ,too, was charged on some trumped up allegation. Well, we have been forced into a corner now, and our only option is to fight, and in one way, that is a good thing as now, SHE will have to turn up in court and answer to her actions and we stand a GOOD chance of proving my husbands innocence and her lies! Karma, Believe!

Comment

Working...
                              X