A brief explanation of my partners experience and solicitor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brief explanation of my partners experience and solicitor help

Okay guys, just a short explanation, I want to be mindful of what I put. I'm not using my real name on this board and I will for the purposes of the same, refer to my partner as David.

David dated the accuser on and off for about 3 years. They had a very adventurous sex life and used to film all sorts of sex acts, role play, you name it they did it etc.

The accuser who I will call Amy, was a stripper/prostitute (David didn't know at the time about the latter) and would try anything. I mean anything. The sex was rough and there was once a dispute over her telling him to stop, he stopped as soon as she asked him to but then got mad as she didn't mean to actually stop, she just used it as part of her moaning I guess! Sorry too much info but I need to tell you,

So they came up with a safe word. The safe word was a completely random word that would never be used in sex normally, and would alert the other person to stop

They plan to film another role play video, of her pretending to be asleep, they had done this before but it wasn't filmed.

They went to the market to buy hooks to attach to the bed and some rope that would look good for the little show they wold put on.

She stays over at his house, they have sex for hours and hours, all over the house, it progresses to the bedroom and she breaks off for a minute to take her prescription medication and some Valium that she has acquired illegally.

She jumps straight Back on, they carry on for a while, and she then wants to make the video.

He wraps the cord around her wrists, he doesn't tie it as it was only for the effect of the video and he didn't want her to be stuck.

She gets in to position and he makes a 2 min film of the act and that's that.

They carry on having sex after the film is made and eventually go to sleep.

They fall out the next day due to some lies she told him (she was a complete fantasist) you know the type of girl that insists she is pregnant with triplets when she really isn't, mainly for attention.

So they fall out and that's it for a few weeks.

They start talking again and flirting, and they decide she should go to his house to collect her things. She pops round and part of the returning of her property is to send her any dirty films they made tht she doesn't yet have.

He sends these to her, and he makes a distasteful joke "you could get me done for rape that video looks well dodgy" she laughs and shrugs it off. They watch the video, it arouses them so they have sex again.

There are medical complications from the sex due to a condition that she has so she leaves and gets a home visit from her doctor.

She shows him the video of the role play and tells him she has been raped.

She leaves it for 5 months and as David will no longer respond to her as the relationship has fizzled out and she won't stop harassing him, she calls the police as she thinks he drove past her house,

And so this is what brings us here, like I say there was a trial some years ago which I can't speak about, and then another trial this week that ended today with a hung jury, and so we have 2 weeks in which to wait and see if the CPS are going to go down the road of another court case.

Considering a lot of work that has gone in already both times, we have figured probably just short of £1m has been spent on this, and nobody is any further along. This is ruining his life, he is depressed and has only just started wanting to pay me any attention in the bedroom, which I fully understand in the circumstances.

We are just waiting now to see what happens, but a good thing is that this has made us so much closer and has made us appreciate each other more, but, and as I'm sure others on here know the feeling too well, waiting in a court buying your nails knowing that the love of your life could be snatched from you any second, is the worst feeling in the world, not just for me to be on my own, but mainly for him to be treat like a criminal in a scary prison just through a woman's lies for revenge!

The barrister we had was amazing and we want to use her again should there be another trial, but in all honestly the solicitors we used were pretty rubbish, I did more than them and I'm not even a solicitor!

Are the any solicitors in the north of the UK that could possibly get in touch with me?

It would need to be one that provided legal aid as my parter is now disabled.

Please let me know and I'm sorry for such a long story, I'm sure I said at the beginning that it would be brief! But I enjoy reading everyone else's so I hope you get something from my story!

If I have given too much - mods please edit!

Thanks guys, xxxxxxxxx

Just to say, Lusijay - so sorry that its a hung jury again. I really hope that you dont have to go through this again. Maybe, soon , it will all be over, and you can get on with your lives again. She does sound like a drama queen!

Comment

Heya,

Wow, Thats some story! One of my charges is that i created a video of a child (my girlfriend was 17 and i was 19 at the time) although if memory serves me right, she created this and in the video you can see her smiling at the camera/adjusting it etc. This is over 3 years ago now and the allegation came to light at christmas when i was arrested along with the following:

3 counts of rape- 3 of my ex's. Various fabrications of while they were asleep, while holding them down so they couldnt say no etc.etc. Yet all have continued relationships with me. One of them got pregnant 3 months before the relationship ended after trying for a year and there is substantial text messages and facebook messages to support that they all willingly continued a normal sexual relationship. On top of this all have half a dozen motives each (documented since my arrest). They have also all been in contact with each other prior to making the allegations and tried to maintain a friendship after all assaults had supposedly happened.

The world is a crazy place though, despite it all being cock and bull and seemingly being straight forward NFA because of the above, theres no way of knowing. You would also think these women would face charges for PCJ and be put in prison..

In court were the "victims" motives for doing this pointed out? I would worry because of the video evidence looking pretty bad, but cases like this are so complex with so many factors to take into consideration its difficult for anyone to predict the outcome.

I will keep my fingers crossed that there isnt a third trial, but if there is i hope you hear those 2 words that set you both free.

Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Thanks for your full explanation of the circumstances which led to the case against your partner.

The deficiency in the prosecution case is that if someone intended to carry out a genuine as opposed to a staged rape, they would probably not film it and certainly not then give a copy of the video to the 'victim'; I guess his barrister hammered this angle!

I suppose the legal arguments dealt with the state of mind of 'Amy' at the crucial moment (i.e did she forget the safe word)

Certainly an interesting case but hopefully the CPS will now realise they are flogging a dead horse.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          The deficiency in the prosecution case is that if someone intended to carry out a genuine as opposed to a staged rape, they would probably not film it and certainly not then give a copy of the video to the 'victim'; I guess his barrister hammered this angle!
          Okay that is more logical thinking than mine, i withdraw my previous statement.

Although i wouldn't put it past the prosecution to justify it as being a premeditated act of rape (plans to film etc.)? But then again the fact he gave her a copy blows that out of the water too..

End of the day you are relying on 12 reasonable and normal people to see the obvious.

Comment

Thanks guys yes his barrister was really good. She's done a lot of cases like this. We were just a bit concerned as we got our "bad character" application rejected which was annoying as its central we feel. Also a lot of witnesses for him weren't used who could prove she used to lie about all sorts. At least if the cps give the go ahead for another trial we know what we want to do differently!

Have there been people here who have actually been wrongly convicted? I bet it's awful waiting for them to post and update, when really they can't this really is the most awful thing I have been through with anyone. No man/woman deserves to be wrongly accused of this! Xxxxx

Comment

Working...
            X