Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of trial over...

Hello,
    husband had his first day of trial today - and his barrister said it went well so far. They played the video of her giving evidence the day she went to police which was very emotional actually, even for my husband - she started crying in court after it had finished and got a short break to go outside and gather herslef. Amongst the jury are 8 women, some of them quite young, so my concern is that they might be affected by her being emotional and all, I know they have to think rational and take all facts into accoutn and all but still...

We also found out that the prosecution has no forensic evidence at all - (husband said in his interview to police they had sex).
    I couldn't be there due to work but apparently his barrister was really good and asked all the right questions, and she almost always said she can't remember (barrister revelaed that she has quite the selective memory bc she couldn't remember throwing herself at one guy but she remembered calling her friend shortly after - even with vital questions where she could have had the chance to say 'I didn't do or say that' she said she couldn't remember...don't know if that is good or not.
    Another good thing was that she can't remember flirting with someone that evening and our barrister will question this guy in court to confirm the flirting. Also, CCTV footage was kept by police showing her being happy and all smiles with husband shortly before it happened, it will be shown to the jury now as well. She also said she allowed husband to kiss her even though she didn't want it - she said she was too shocked.
    Barrister soudnded really positive at the end of the day, so I really hope he will be able to convince the jury of his innocence...

Hope everything goes well for you both - you have made it sound hopeful so far....shall look out for your next update .....
    "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

thanks myhome, will do tomorrow.

Comment

I hope all goes well tomorrow.
        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Good Luck, tomorrow, AG, it sounds to be going ok. I am sure you will soon be getting your bananas. Will be thinking of you both x

Comment

Wishing you guys the best.

Sounding positive.

Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Already been able to give away lots of bananas last week. Lets hope there can be some more to go out this week. Good luck with the trial, can't imagine how hard this all is so far. Keeping everything crossed for you both!

Comment

Good luck for today, I'll be thinking of you x

Comment

Hope you're ok.....

Comment

sorry for not updating sooner - it's looking good so far, due to the fact that there's no forensic evidence and barrister made her statements of 'I was fully aware of what was happening but didn't have the strength to push him off me' look ridiculous, plus the fact that she claimed she was so drunk she passed out yet they couldn;t find a trace of alcohol 20hrs afterwards AND her witness said she was in control of herself shortly before the rape supposedly happened...it's all looking good so far.
                    I'll be in court tomorrow for the first time sitting in the public gallery as she and her witness won;t be there anymore, two more witnesses for defence to go and then it's husband;s turn to be cross-examinrd but barrister says he has nothing to worry about - he mentioend that the case is looking better and better now but not to get cocky;-) and we do stay realistic.
                    Husband actually mentioned the 8 women in the jury and barrister said that is actually good bc women are harder on/more critical of other women...we shall see.
                    The only thing that we need to go through now is the revelation of husband's caution he got five years ago in order to present his wonderful character references, but barrister is confident that husbnand's admission to mistake in combination with character references will be working in his favour...(back then husband was quite drunk and tried to run from a cab without paying - silly I know - he apologized to cab driver whowas really relaxed about it and payed the money via cheque the following day)...will keep you updated toomorrow, hopefully we can expect a verdict by Friday..
                    Thanks for all the support and well wishes:-)

Comment

Hi AG - this is sounding very hopeful - hope the rest of the week goes as well though I'm sure it will be awful seeing your husband being cross-examined....

Comment

Originally posted by Absolutely gutted View Post
                        The only thing that we need to go through now is the revelation of husband's caution he got five years ago in order to present his wonderful character references, but barrister is confident that husbnand's admission to mistake in combination with character references will be working in his favour...(back then husband was quite drunk and tried to run from a cab without paying - silly I know - he apologized to cab driver whowas really relaxed about it and payed the money via cheque the following day)...will keep you updated toomorrow, hopefully we can expect a verdict by Friday..
                        WOW... If that's all he's got staining his character then I wouldn't worry about it.

Running away from a taxi driver does not make someone capable of what he is accused of. I'd think that the inclusion of this apparent 'stain' on his character will make him seem extremely normal. Not saying it 'is' normal but everyone should have some kind of mark against them otherwise they'd be suspicious in my opinion.

Sounding good so far and some great snippets of info to keep us updated.

Hope it continues going well.

Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Does indeed sound positive. Everything crossed for you

Comment

Wishing you all the best

Comment

The 'can't remember and didn't have the strength, kept passing out' etc seems to be a default setting as my FA'er said exactly the same. Although CCTV shows her perfectly fine just before!

I'm sure you will be fine and believe in the justice system.

Justice will prevail!!

Comment

Working...
                              X