Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I feel quite strong today, but since Thursday afternoon I found it very hard to cope. My boyfriend rings me every day, I have now taken Saffrons advice & had the call divert put on, it has helped over the weekend because I dont feel so "stuck" in the house, afraid to miss his call. But I find it so so frustrating after I speak to him, before he was sentenced we used to laugh & talk about what we would do together when he got out at the trial, it was strained still but not like it is now. I put the phone down & realise he wont be coming home, not for 6 years anyway. I'm scared of moving on, not just for myself because i cant ever imagine meeting someone else like him, who would make me laugh the way he did. But i'm scared of moving on for his sake to, i know he doent want to loose me for dear life. Its like he has done noting & but hes lost his job, his flat, his freedom & eventually probably me...all because he didnt do anything! I would imagine it would be a lot easier to deal with if you had done something, but to not have & have your life ripped away from you is desperate, no word could possibly describe it. I dont want to leave him, ever, but if i think about 6 years i get scared, so much can change in that time. My friends, who have been so so supportive to both of us, have told me to deal with each day at a time, dont be thinking ahead about years, if anything explain to Scott that we'll review it every 2/3 months. Its easy to say though, when i speak to him it can be a painfull reminder that i love this man & cant have him, and can set my emotions off again.

I wont get too deep cause I know you are all going through the same thing. He will be told on tuesday if they can get him on any maintainence course, his probabtion worker in there was to get advice from head office, after he'd been refused the carpentry at the prison he was in. I hope they do get him on a course he would like, in a prison he's also happy with, just to ease things. Sad Person, do you mind me asking what prison your brother is doing the plastering course? Thats the kind of thing mine would do. Will he get a qualification at the end?

Good to be able to get things off my chest again to people who understand.

Thanks

Comment

Geraldine

My brother is in HMP USK (wales),it is alright as far as prisons go.
      I hope you are strong enough to stay together(thats if thats what you want)It is so sad my brother told me thats the worst thing in prison ,when the other prisoners either come off the phone or recieve a letter from there loved ones telling them that they are not going to wait for them.

How long have you been together do you have any children

sadperson

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geraldine &#064; 31st December 2005 &#045; 04&#58;33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

We too only had 11 in the Jury, one was discharged. One woman at front cried throughout which i think had an effect of the rest of them. But the Jury were discharged on Friday 23rd at about 11.30. He told them that they would have as long or as little as they needed to decide, then said they had to make a decision today as the courts would be closed until January. But they were only out for about 2 and a half hours. That would be no time to examine all the evidence, a verdict based on emotion id say. They all came back in clutching their bags & coats as if they had to all dash into town before the shops shut to do last minute christmas shopping, they didnt even want to sit down on their seats for the verdict to be read&#33;

I dont know if this will be mentioned in the appeal, id say it was the biased onesided summing up by the Judge.

[/b][/quote]
        Madness isn&#39;t it? At R&#39;s trial, 2 members of the jury were asleep throughout the judge&#39;s summing up&#33; The judge told them to consider all sorts of different things he spent 45 minutes summing up. then he sent them to lunch at 1pm, saying he wouldn&#39;t consider hearing their verdict before 2pm.

At 2.03 pm the jury had reached a verdict. Now, bear in mind that during that one hour and 3 minutes, they would have had to have a toilet break, gone for a cigarette, eaten their lunch, listened to any messages, etc, and THEN discussed their verdict. exactly HOW MUCH thought did they put into it? did they really consider all the things the judge spent 45 minutes telling them to think about? or were they all fed up because it was a friday afternoon on the last day of their jury service, and there was no way they wanted to be called back the following week? a pretty 20-something girl had cried in front of them, got her story all confused, and then cried and cried and cried when cross-questioned. they believed her. they didn&#39;t even give the matter a second thought. they packed an innocent man off to prison so that they could finish early on a friday afternoon.

even the judge was speechless when the verdict was returned.

Comment

hello

At the moment i&#39;m okay staying with Scott. I&#39;m going to use the opportunity to finally learn to drive, i had my 1st lesson on saturday (although, dont be fooled, i had about 30 when i was 17). I&#39;m also going to go on an economy drive and save as much money as i can for the next 2 years or until i have a decent deposit for a house. I&#39;m making the most of having a boyfriend who loves me, I speak to every day and therefore I dont need to go out & party like a single girl and get in a state and squander my money. I&#39;ve told scott that at the moment i can see in my tunnel, my family, scott, driving lessons, money for house, and exercise. The latter will probably never happen though&#33;

He has 5 1/2 years left, we have no kids, its a long time to wait. But we have made a commitment to renew our situation every 3 months. So it could be that we say its too painful seeing each other, we&#39;ll have 3 months apart & then i&#39;ll come back & we can see how we feel. That way the overwhelming pressure of standing by him for years seems easier to deal with.

If he&#39;d only got to do say 3 years id be fine, but its alot longer than that.

Comment

hi
            glad to hear your good new.
            m brother wasnt as lucky and is now doing 4yrs.
            its a long story but if i can find someone with a simmlar case he can appeal.
            but i just dont know were to look ive spent hour on the internet and drawn a black.
            wish your brother good luck from and my heart go out to you ,i do know what you have gone through
            take care
            paris

Comment

Working...
            X