Endless Documentation Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endless Documentation Begins

So.. 3 weeks have passed since my arrest. Back to not sleeping (obviously with it now being 4am) and with just under 7 weeks left until I have to return from bail I have made an educated decision to start with writing everything up.

Given how anal I am with detail and the standard of documentation the process does seem like it could take a long time to complete. I was hoping some of you could assist with what would be best to include and avoid responses like "everything". I am up to my first 2 A4 typed pages and have the following complete:

1.0.0 Allegations
    1.1.0 Brief explanation of allegations (what i am accused of and by whom)
    1.2.0 Timeline (from my knowledge of rumours a month prior to arrest up until my release on bail)
    1.3.0 Items seized by police
    1.4.0 Rights and treatment in custody

I have categorised in a numbered fashion due to it potentially being a long document and regular referrals back to sections.

Where should i continue from here?

Cheers,

Steve.

Man... I was accused at some point in November 2011... Everything was formally dropped at some point in December 2012.

I have no idea of the dates although I do have a note of them. Just can't look at it!

My sleeping pattern does not resemble a sleeping pattern at all and I have little to actually worry about with regards a potential prosecution.

I find reading to be therapeutic. The problem I have is that I ensure every day is used, every single minute of it whether it be '3 hours wasted playing computer games' (sad I know!) or 8 hours working or 2 hours with family. Problem I have is that I need to stick all these things in my day and I've merely added to them so a 'day' could be 18-20 hours long with sketchy sleep stuck all around it.

I'm only now (that I fell of my garage roof and knackered my foot) starting to unwind. My partner is going crazy as she's been so used to me being so busy she now cannot understand the changes that are happening. I still, however, cannot sleep!

You are doing well to keep notes and write everything out. It gives you something to focus your attentions on, a release mechanism. If you have run out of categories for the moment then I would encourage you to do something else and then return with your mind refreshed before starting again. Don't let it completely take over but I do understand where you are just now and it is hard to think of anything but...

I quite appreciate your numbering. Good forward planning! Very professional.

Do something else for a wee while and return to it with fresh energy...
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by steve22 View Post
      Where should i continue from here?
      I have always recommended that those accused use the time between interview and disposal in considering their defence as it gives the mind something solid to focus on instead of the endless cycle of why, when, and what if.

The problem is that you don't get to see the accuser's statement unless you are charged and by then you will be working with your legal team and so would be fairly well occupied anyway.

However as you didn't request a solicitor for your initial interview you may have been given the audio tapes (or possibly CD, if it was more modern equipment) for you to pass on to your legal representative for when you did appoint one. If you weren't given a copy at the time you should have been given a request form to obtain one if necessary.

If so, I would recommend that you listen to these tapes again and again; it is surprising what information you will glean from the way the questions are phrased, though of course there will also be an element of 'why did/didn't I say that'. OTOH your responses to the questions will also be carefully considered by the CPS, so it could be possible to second guess them.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009
        You are doing well to keep notes and write everything out. It gives you something to focus your attentions on, a release mechanism.
        I can't take all the credit for this.. The advice was given by all of you fine people who give up you're time to help the needy on here

Originally posted by lawlessone2009
        I fell of my garage roof and knackered my foot
        I Hadn't considered base jumping off things something to take my mind off of things.. Just need to think ahead on what to say to the neighbors when they spot me poised on the edge of the porch roof

Originally posted by casehardened
        However as you didn't request a solicitor for your initial interview you may have been given the audio tapes (or possibly CD, if it was more modern equipment) for you to pass on to your legal representative for when you did appoint one. If you weren't given a copy at the time you should have been given a request form to obtain one if necessary.

If so, I would recommend that you listen to these tapes again and again; it is surprising what information you will glean from the way the questions are phrased, though of course there will also be an element of 'why did/didn't I say that'. OTOH your responses to the questions will also be carefully considered by the CPS, so it could be possible to second guess them.
        I wasn't given the tapes, but fantastic memory (you remembered from my original post that i didn't ask for legal representation). I do regularly think back over the interview and think back to whether i missed vital information out for my defence, whether i said things that could have been misinterpreted, whether the interviewers went a bit "good cop, bad cop" on me.. Not much I can do now though.

Despite my innocence and a reasonable level of intelligence (if i say so myself!), they have still put the fear of god into me that i could be thrown back into a cell at any time or when i return from bail. Im planning a holiday to go see my parents who are vacationing in Spain for the first quarter of the year and hopefully that will clear my head a little.

Goes without saying, but thanks again for the support, feedback and useful information.

Steve

Comment

It could be an idea to enquire if the holiday to Spain is ok?

I see little reason for it not being as it's within the EU, it's simply to your parents and it is a de-stressing mechanism.

One of the reasons for withdrawing bail seems to be based around risk of 'suicide' so do not give them any reasons to think this is remotely possible even if it is. It's a consideration that passes everyones mind when faced with this horrendous situation. Be careful regarding giving reasons for visiting your parents, if they ask.

Don't attempt to fall off the porch roof! Damaged feet are blooming sore! Lucky I hit a tree on the way down or it'd have been my neck that got it!

A good memory can still interpret things out of the context they're supposed to be in. Interviews are difficult and there are motives and twisted reasons and all sorts of things going on. The Police are at easy as they do them everyday but suspects generally find things fast paced and changing, easy to slip up or say something in one manner that they interpret in another. I wouldn't worry just now as it's over with and as you say, your memory serves you well which is a very positive thing.

It's now simply a waiting game. Do they, don't they, will they, won't they... You've got your work cut out with the documentation that you're going to be compilling. This will assist you greatly later on should it be required and it will also be of assistance to your legal team IF you need one. You're on the right track and clearly are organised and articulate.

Comment

I started trying to do some work in the last hour or 2 realising i wasn't going to be sleeping again. Then found i couldnt even do that due to thinking about this again- Argggghhh!

I decided to have a go at pulling all of the facebook messages from each person but this is easier said than done if one conversation history is approximately 2000 messages. Also i found a gaping hole in contact with another person which i imagine is entirely through text message which i now cannot obtain but would be critical in assisting my defence..

I say this because it states on my bail record, or to similar wording "Rape of a woman over 16 years of age SOA 2003. 01/01/2011 - 01/04/2012." I am certain the last time i slept with this person was 30/03/2012 when she asked to come over that night (you wont need 3 guesses to be spot on with what she wanted). The contact of her asking would be in text form

Comment

I started trying to do some work in the last hour or 2 realising i wasn't going to be sleeping again. Then found i couldnt even do that due to thinking about this again- Argggghhh!

I decided to have a go at pulling all of the facebook messages from each person but this is easier said than done if one conversation history is approximately 2000 messages. Also i found a gaping hole in contact with another person which i imagine is entirely through text message which i now cannot obtain but would be critical in assisting my defence..

I say this because it states on my bail record, or to similar wording "Rape of a woman over 16 years of age SOA 2003. 01/01/2011 - 01/04/2012." I am certain the last time i slept with this person was 30/03/2012 when she asked to come over that night (you wont need 3 guesses to be spot on with what she wanted). The contact of her asking would be in text form
              Focus your attentions towards a different area then. It is going to be difficult until, and if, there is a charge or charges as it's only then that you will begin to get info regarding what is actually being alleged. You will of course be able to piece together information that you received at interview but there will be additional info that you won't have been privy too.

Keeping everything reasonably vague but covering all bases at the moment will no doubt be of great assistance later on. Focusing all your attentions on select areas is something that will occur only when you know what to actually focus on, just now it'd be a stab in the dark to know exactly what you need to formulate your defence. Some work just now whilst you are at a loose end will save work later on when you're in a panic.

You may never be charged! That is something that you should consider just as much as all other possibilities. Imagine spending an inordinate amount of time with an extremely detailed document only for there to never be a charge. The 'unknown' is what's adding to your stresses and strains and helping keep you awake.

Comment

I certainly don't wish to bring any negativity to the table but, to save you wasting time on a fruitless line of enquiry, I suspect that those dates (01/01/2011 - 01/04/2012) represent a 'window of opportunity' for the allegations rather than actual dates for the alleged rapes.

In relationship allegations the prosecution will be necessarily vague over actual dates and times; after all in a relationship, unless one is a diary freak, how can anyone remember exactly when sex took place, especially when it is consensual! (Obviously the text you mention is vital evidence for helping to prove consensuality)

Actual dates are significant in 'stranger' rapes as alibis, or lack of, will come into play.

PS I do commend L1's last paragraph in his above post.
                Last edited by Casehardened; 11 January 2013, 05:41 AM.
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi Steve
                  Please do get permission for yout trip to Spain. It shouldn't be a problem (hubby and I went away to Espana while he was on bail) but you do need to ask them. Don't give them an excuse to remand you!

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                    Hi Steve
                    Please do get permission for yout trip to Spain. It shouldn't be a problem (hubby and I went away to Espana while he was on bail) but you do need to ask them. Don't give them an excuse to remand you!
                    I did have a moment of trying to be "funny" when they bailed me at the station by saying "Dont think im being silly, but am i allowed to leave the country" to which they replied "As long as you dont contact them and you are back for the 26th, its fine".

I will call the officer in charge of the case before hand to confirm, but i have been trying to get hold of her for some weeks now and seem to be getting ignored despite leaving voicemails etc.

Thanks again for the priceless advice lawless and casehardened. Appreciated as always.

Comment

Into the early hours again but a productive night i think..

The following has been added to my meticulous document following the previous info:

Motives for allegations being made - This includes a breakdown for each person
                      Timeline of Relationships and/or sexual contact - I have attempted to list every person in chronological order with dates of relationships or people i've slept with.. Very hard work i have to say.. I have colour coded to indicate who could potentially be valuable key witnesses for my defense if it ever makes it to court.

I have also pulled all Facebook message history with the 3 persons who made the rape allegations. This was a nightmare when one was roughly 2000 messages long. For those trying to do this I basically pulled up the conversation in messages or archived messages and had to keep scrolling to "older messages" until all were in the same window, and then copied them into a spreadsheet.

I am storing everything in Google Docs so that i can access this from any location.

We don't seem to have a sticky for how to do all of this but im finding it invaluable for filling in the who/what/where/when and making sense of the situation so may be worth it at some point in the near future.. I don't mind helping any mods with what ive done when im finished so theres a "guideline" of how to go about it all if that makes sense

Time to try and drift into the land of nod for a few hours, speak to you all later in the day!

Comment

You're organised. Very organised!

Keeping it stored in a cloud is also a marvelous idea.

You could be the person that invents the 'sticky'! Someone needs to......

Hope you have a good sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
                          You're organised. Very organised!

Keeping it stored in a cloud is also a marvelous idea.

You could be the person that invents the 'sticky'! Someone needs to......

Hope you have a good sleep.

You are too kind mate. Still not sleeping like a regular human being but every other problem in my life that would usually worry me seems tiny in perspective now.

I'm staying relatively well organised and have added the 2 relationship summaries following the above (These are about 1 typed a4 page each for the 2 shortest relationships Ive had). This has been one of the hardest things so far.. Trying to recall key events and basic storyline in a relationship that ended almost 4 years ago is tricky i must admit but managed it and now just have the 2 most recent relationships to cover, which are the longer and more complicated ones but fresher in my mind.

The single most difficult thing has been going through the first 1000 Facebook messages with a fine tooth comb. Reliving what seemed like the best days of my life and some of the silliest things Ive said has been a bit of a roller coaster and not a very pleasant task.

I am taking regular breaks and trying to work 'one day on, one day off' as suggested to keep my level of willing relatively high. There's no point in even starting to type with a 'cba' attitude.

Steve

Comment

You're clearly doing well and progressing with the info gathering. Taking a couple of days off would be good for you also. Try mapping it out like a job with completed 'units' being rewarded with a longer break. You've already numbered everything well so it shouldn't be an issue.

On completion of the 'job' there will be 're-work' needed as and when information comes in from the Police/CPS. It's a long hard slog but worth it in the end.

I find the gathering and piecing together of info is also beneficial for reflecting on yourself. I spent an incredible number of hours simply reflecting on my life and my relationships. I also wondered into other areas of life.

I found my experiences quite rewarding and a lot of the negativity surrounding the situation changed into positivity. I changed as a person and I still believe I changed for the better.

Keep on at the cops about the holiday. If you're not getting a reply do not feel frightened to speak with the OICs superior.

Comment

Sound advice from L1, and yes, I see, four threads about your case, Steve.

Stay strong, and keep it together.

JM
                              I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

Working...
                              X