Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The witch hunt, false accusations and the damage so far..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the outcome? MAYBE an apology if im lucky?

Comment

Yus, Steve, I had followed this thread, albeit the thread being a little hi-jacked earlier on when we didn't hear from you for a while.

My own arrest back in early May 2012 prevented me from attending hospital for an appointment with the surgeon who'd done a fairly serious bit of surgery on me three weeks previously.

So three threads only then? I might get in a muddle if there were more....

JM
      I'm not ready to make nice

Comment

Originally posted by just married View Post
        Yus, Steve, I had followed this thread, albeit the thread being a little hi-jacked earlier on when we didn't hear from you for a while.

My own arrest back in early May 2012 prevented me from attending hospital for an appointment with the surgeon who'd done a fairly serious bit of surgery on me three weeks previously.

So three threads only then? I might get in a muddle if there were more....

JM
        Ha! Lets just see how much i can get confused/confuse you now..

I dont understand the above reply, it looks like half a story? So you missed an important hospital appointment.. Then what?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steve22 View Post
          Ha! Lets just see how much i can get confused/confuse you now..

I dont understand the above reply, it looks like half a story? So you missed an important hospital appointment.. Then what?

Steve
          At the police station, the police nurse gave me a couple of aspirin, just in case. (He didn't have any paracetomol) and phoned the hospital to say I'd be unable to keep the appointment. After I was released later in the day, I made a new hospital appointment for a month later. I later saw my GP, was referred for counselling, and referred back to the hospital for an emergency appointment, at which I was reassured I was gonna be ok, then eventually at my original re-scheduled appointment, got to see the surgeon who did the work on me.

Surgeons are folk who you don't want to mess around, but the eventual outcome was good. Nothing but praise for the sharp end of the NHS. All worked out well in the end, though my recovery from a fairly straightforward op took 3 months.... helped, I like to think, my a fairly strict exercise regime I threw myself into.

Ps, please don't confuse us/yourself! Simple and straightforward is best. Honesty, and the truth.

JM
          Last edited by just married; 15 January 2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by just married View Post
            Ps, please don't confuse us/yourself! Simple and straightforward is best. Honesty, and the truth.

JM
            I dont understand?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steve22 View Post
              I dont understand?

Steve
              I'm sorry, Steve. My mistake for being unclear. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, you currently have three active threads regarding your case.

My previous quote was regarding this comment...."Ha! Lets just see how much i can get confused/confuse you now.. "

I'm sorry if I was unclear.... I get in a muddle following your situation if there are lots of different threads to navigate.

The honesty and truth reference is just the only way I'd recommend to progress with the situation re your case.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Very best wishes,
              JM.
              Last edited by just married; 15 January 2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

The threads relate to different questions/subjects.

From experience its overly frustrating and more confusing when you need to scroll through 20 pages of responses following a main story to get a grip on whats actually been advised or spoken about.

My fault for trying to keep things clear and concise! Only had the best intentions

Comment

What does everyone else do while they are in limbo? Although a little anxious about the result of returning following a 10 week bail in 4 weeks I have to admit mentally im struggling with not having much of a purpose. Nothing to get out of bed for in the mornings so to speak..

I have a little freelance data work to do during the days but have people managed to hold onto or get new jobs throughout their cases? (for those of us that have been unlucky enough to lose our jobs because of the situation)

Steve

Comment

Steve I know that one very well.
                    It takes a lot to motivate oneself to get out of bed and actively do something.
                    I still have that struggle as I am still in a limbo of sorts 15 months on while I battle my former employers

My advice would be to try and arrange a reason each day that means you have to get up and get dressed, whether its to do the shopping, to attend an appointment or whatever. How about doing something creative/therapeutic such as writing or some art.

Another purposeful thing to do is voluntary work...good for the CV as well as if you've lost your job, you can put the voluntary work down as your most recent employment.
                    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I found exercise helped - it was a right thought to start with but it does help clear your head a bit and makes you feel better afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy View Post
                        I found exercise helped - it was a right thought to start with but it does help clear your head a bit and makes you feel better afterwards.
                        'tis what I did too. Nothing like walking along for clearing the head.... or filing stuff that doesn't seem to have appropriate spaces in the cerebral filing cabinet.... 20 miles a day.....

Comment

Have a plan for each day that you make the day before so you go to bed knowing what you're doing the next day and you then don't wake up with that awful, "What the **** am I going to do to-day?" or "Why should I bother getting up....." followed by "no-one cares;" "I don't care any more;" "What's the point:" etc etc etc.You could take up a new hobby, craft or skill that you've always wanted but never had time for; or adult ed day classes; volunteering as has been mentioned eg charity shops, Green Gym, Conservation work etc (these last 2 will give you exercise in the fresh air at the same time - double whammy), or trying a new job that doesn't require an ECRB.... e learning (thought this doesn't get you out); overhaul your finances; if you live in your own home - redecorating/renovating/gardening? Swimming, walking running cycling.

However, although these are all great things to do, the hardest thing is getting started in the first place. You're on the way to that though because you've asked the question. A little tip for getting started is to set yourself a date when you ARE going to start, then TELL soemone close to you because i) they'll be able to suppport you and ii) it's much harder to put off starting something if you have a definite date, especially you have to tell your friend you didn't do it after all and also because for some reason it feels like you're letting yourself down if you let that day slip by, and the next and the next and before you know it it's s**ding Christmas again!!!!!
                          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Excellent advice, MyHome, thank you x

Comment

Working...
                            X