Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 days post aquital but still being persecuted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 days post aquital but still being persecuted!!

Hi all

Some of you will know that I was aquitted of serious allegations of historic rape 12 days ago, after 19 months of sheer hell. Unfortunately for me it is still not over. About 2 weeks before my trial social services turned up at my front door asking me to leave the family home due to the seriousness of the allegations. They didn't seem to care that it had taken them over 18 months to come to this conclusion. I am a father of 6 young kids who absolutely adore me and I them. Initially I refused to leave which led to the council seeking legal advise with a view to getting an emergency protection order and removing the kids. Obviously there was no way on earth I was going to allow my kids to removed, so I relented and moved in with my Mother in Law.

After a 6 day trial I was unanimously aquited by a jury. As soon as I left the dock I phoned Social Services and told them I had been found "Not Guilty" of all 6 counts. I was absolutely gob smacked when I was told that in their view it made no difference, and the fact that allegations had been made in the first place was very concerning to them. I was told that an initial case conference had been set for the following Monday and that progress would be made.

Anyway, I complied with SS and didn't go home or have any contact with the kids. We attended the case conference and to my horror all my children were placed on the Child protection reggister. Apparently SS work on a different burden of proof to the courts and they wish to evaluate the evidence themselves. In the mean time my wife and I must take part in various assesments, which will take a minimum of 14 weeks to complete. In the meantime I am not allowed home, I can only have contact twice a week for 90 minutes a time supervised by a social worker. I can't spend Christmas with my family or see my kids untill the Thursday after Christmas!!!!

This is having a devastating effect on my family. My kids are all being emotionally effected. My heavilly pregnant wife is suffering and is close to a breakdown, as am I. I think that Social Services are acting above and beyond their powers, but nobody seems able to help us. My solicitor says that there is nothing that caan be done legally, as courts dont go against social services decisions. So unfortunately even after being found INNOCENT, my life is still in turmoil.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has gone through anything similar and what the outcome was. Also does anyone know of anything legally that can be done to challenge Social Services?

Thanks
    Shattered.

Originally posted by shattered View Post
    Hi all

Some of you will know that I was aquitted of serious allegations of historic rape 12 days ago, after 19 months of sheer hell. Unfortunately for me it is still not over. About 2 weeks before my trial social services turned up at my front door asking me to leave the family home due to the seriousness of the allegations. They didn't seem to care that it had taken them over 18 months to come to this conclusion. I am a father of 6 young kids who absolutely adore me and I them. Initially I refused to leave which led to the council seeking legal advise with a view to getting an emergency protection order and removing the kids. Obviously there was no way on earth I was going to allow my kids to removed, so I relented and moved in with my Mother in Law.

After a 6 day trial I was unanimously aquited by a jury. As soon as I left the dock I phoned Social Services and told them I had been found "Not Guilty" of all 6 counts. I was absolutely gob smacked when I was told that in their view it made no difference, and the fact that allegations had been made in the first place was very concerning to them. I was told that an initial case conference had been set for the following Monday and that progress would be made.

Anyway, I complied with SS and didn't go home or have any contact with the kids. We attended the case conference and to my horror all my children were placed on the Child protection reggister. Apparently SS work on a different burden of proof to the courts and they wish to evaluate the evidence themselves. In the mean time my wife and I must take part in various assesments, which will take a minimum of 14 weeks to complete. In the meantime I am not allowed home, I can only have contact twice a week for 90 minutes a time supervised by a social worker. I can't spend Christmas with my family or see my kids untill the Thursday after Christmas!!!!

This is having a devastating effect on my family. My kids are all being emotionally effected. My heavilly pregnant wife is suffering and is close to a breakdown, as am I. I think that Social Services are acting above and beyond their powers, but nobody seems able to help us. My solicitor says that there is nothing that caan be done legally, as courts dont go against social services decisions. So unfortunately even after being found INNOCENT, my life is still in turmoil.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has gone through anything similar and what the outcome was. Also does anyone know of anything legally that can be done to challenge Social Services?

Thanks
    Shattered.
    So sorry to hear this, I am facing alligations of historical abuse, at first the SS told me to move out, we had a conference and our children were also put on the register, due too reports they keep fabricating I decided to leave the house in case they try to remove the children, it would seem that no matter what the law says, they have their own rules and if you challange them your seen as not being co opertive, they have no morals.
    Last edited by sparks; 16 December 2012, 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'm sorry you're having to put up with all this after what you've just gone through and when your wife kids need you most. I've no direct experience of SS but it seems they do have their own rules and methods. I think all you can de is be patient and co-operative.

Very best of luck with this.

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Shattered. Just when it should all be over as well.
        I (fortunately) have not had any dealings with SS so I am not in a position to offer advice, but I wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you.

Comment

Shattered. A family law solicitor could be instructed for the children to see to their rights (Article 8 = family life). Have you done that yet?
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

The important thing with SS is compliance.

You are going through an absolutely awful time but take heart from the fact that, as horrible as it is, case conferences and psychological assessments are fairly normal practice from the SS in situations such as these.

The burden of proof is much lower for the SS (I believe it to be balance of probabilities) but you can benefit a lot from being seen to being cooperative.

Unfortunately the SS have a lot of box ticking and back covering to do. I would echo RF's advice to seek representation from a family law solicitor.
            It's a long drawn out process I'm afraid, but there is every likelihood that this will come right. A recent case is that of member worriedandconcerned who was acquitted but still had to rumble through SS procedures. He is just one of many. Recently, SS closed his file and he is back where he belongs, with his family. I'm sure he won't mind me using his case as an example

Never lose hope; you have got a lot to fight for...and if you can beat a trial and get through that ordeal, you can get through this too
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Working...
            X