Shattered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maryrose View Post
    Thank you all for your advice and words of support. After the initial shock of reading the police report and the "witness evidence" we have now read through it again several times and are already finding lots of inconsistencies in her account of the sexual assault and attempted rape allegation. She is also claiming that my son violently attacked her 3 weeks prior to that , also untrue. I would like to add that this woman has made claims of this kind in previous relationships. We know that one of these claims was not reported because ironically my son and I tried to encourage her to do so. The previous relationship before my son according to her was reported and she had support from a domestic violence unit.that person went to prison with support of her evidence however he didn't go to prison for domestic abuse it was for an entirely different crime. The domestic violence that she described to us is almost identical to the violence she is alleging my son has done to her. I wish I could tell you all more about these previous claims she has made but I'm worried it may identify her. I am astounded and shocked that someone could be so wicked.We have been exploring possible motives for these allegations and we've come up with a few between us. My son has spoke to the solicitor today and is feeling more confident but still devastated.thanks every one for listening I feel like I have made some new friends thank you all and good luck to you.
    I had one of my partners relatives staying with me for quite a number of months (only leaving earlier this year) who was facing all sorts of scary domestic abuse allegations. He was also being mentally manipulated. It took both myself and my partner months to sort out his head and make him 'independent' again, he didn't even have the confidence to fill out an application form!!

Anyways, at the end of it all he pled guilty (to some bits) against our best efforts BUT it was also understood that his chances of mounting a defence of any kind were slim. His ex-wife, the accuser, had a history of being abused in scarily similar ways. She was well versed in mental health and psychology so she KNEW what buttons to press to get the reactions she sought. Why in hell she wanted those reactions is anyones guess as most would wish to calm a situation!

He's now filing for divorce. SHE can't understand it!!!!!!! A totally weird and messed up situation which is beyond comprehension but she IS ill and likes to be a victim.

Just my two pence worth....

With regards to your situation. If you can gather evidence to PROVE that the '3 weeks prior' episode did not happen then you've cleared your first hurdle in defence. If you are 100% certain it never happened then make the proving of it your first challenge, after that the more complex stuff will get easier and easier. I am not sure what weight 'previous allegations' will have in court (where's Rights Fighter when you need her?) as the actual raising of them may not be possible BUT the prosecutors/Police should be looking at them before deciding how to proceed.

I would not bog yourself down with the extreme details of the allegations against your boy. Everything is deliberately put to make him sound as if he is guilty. Un-pick it all and throw it back at them as INNOCENT. Keep everything going through your legal team, don't give anything to the Police.
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Mary rose

Hello everyone
      It has been quite sometime since I have been here. I have had difficulty getting back on but here now.
      First if all I would like to share my wonderful news with you all, after six days in court my son was found NOT GUILTY on all the charges against him. So any one out there living this nightmare please don't give up. I won't lie it feels like we have been to hell and not quite back from it yet but we are getting there.
      We all just want to move on now and try and get on with our lives, I thought I would be jumping for joy and on a high but oddly it doesn't feel like that, the feeling of relief is overwhelming but there's no joy
      Just relief and to be honest anger. I'm hoping that this will go away eventually.
      I would like to wish all those fighting,good luck and to all those who have been through this I wish you peace and happiness.
      Thanks for all the advice and words of support.

Comment

Hi Maryrose,
        Thanks for posting your brilliant news! These are for you both:

I can understand the feelings of lack of joy... anger... you've been through a life-changing event! I'm only begining to smile again and it's been almost 6 months, I'm not sure anyone really ever gets over it.

All the very best to both of you.

Comment

Hi maryrose - absolutely fantastic news.....
          Give yourselves time to heal - don't expect too much too soon - it can take a long time to get over any trauma - especially one which could have had such awful consequences.
          Enjoy rebuilding your lives.........
          "Only love can light the mirror of your soul" - Chris de Burgh

Comment

Thanks for posting this great news for the encouragement of other members

Sadly, it can be a long road back to normality
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Congratulations !!!! LP
              Together We Can Beat This Hell

Comment

It's great to hear such good news - I hope time heals the awful ordeal and that you have much happier times ahead

Comment

Working...
                X