falsely accused of Rape :( UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• falsely accused of Rape :( UK

I am living in the UK, so people who have good knowledge about this thing in the UK would be good.
    2 years when I was 17 I had a 6 months relationship with this girl and she cheated on me and falsely accused me of rape. I was charged with the case even though my lawyer said I should should not had been charged because of the stupid evidence. while in court some evidence came to light like the day she accused me of raping her she was not even at home, she was at doctors. and even though the prosecution could not find another day where it could had happened, the case still continued. anyway I was found not guilty by the jury. I am wondering how bad is it that I been charged?

I want to go to the university. The university will do an enhanced criminal record check, so will it mean they will not accept me because I was charged? I am hoping to do a pharmacy course in university.

I should not had been charged IMO, it's very unfair that the police just charge you and then show some evidence saying there is no day it could had happened... It's been 2 years now since I will found not guilty.

I been told, charged will show on a enhanced CRB check. but I am very worried and sad, because I don't see why even though I did not even do anything wrong, I should be in this situation where I could possible not get accepted for university just because a moron felt like lying about something serious...

Originally posted by Farbod B View Post

I am living in the UK, so people who have good knowledge about this thing in the UK would be good.
    2 years when I was 17 I had a 6 months relationship with this girl and she cheated on me and falsely accused me of rape. I was charged with the case even though my lawyer said I should should not had been charged because of the stupid evidence. while in court some evidence came to light like the day she accused me of raping her she was not even at home, she was at doctors. and even though the prosecution could not find another day where it could had happened, the case still continued. anyway I was found not guilty by the jury. I am wondering how bad is it that I been charged?

I want to go to the university. The university will do an enhanced criminal record check, so will it mean they will not accept me because I was charged? I am hoping to do a pharmacy course in university.

I should not had been charged IMO, it's very unfair that the police just charge you and then show some evidence saying there is no day it could had happened... It's been 2 years now since I will found not guilty.

I been told, charged will show on a enhanced CRB check. but I am very worried and sad, because I don't see why even though I did not even do anything wrong, I should be in this situation where I could possible not get accepted for university just because a moron felt like lying about something serious...
    I can't see a university doing a CRB check. CRB checks are usually carried out if you are going to be working with vulnerable adults or children for instance. I wouldn't worry too much if I was you. I agree that the law needs to be changed in terms of the enhanced CRB checking system that shows that you have been accused of rape even if you were'nt convicted. It's preposterous. Innocent until proven guilty does not apply if youb are accused of rape and this needs to change and FAST.

Good luck at uni.. x

Comment

It should appear on your CRB that you were declared Not Guilty.
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Are you possibly in Scotland or did you go through a long drawn out 're-bailing' process before being charged?
        Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
          Are you possibly in Scotland or did you go through a long drawn out 're-bailing' process before being charged?
          I am not living in Scotland. I am in Manchester.
          I did not have any bail conditions. I just had to go to the police station a few times until they ultimately charged me

Comment

Farbod, maybe you should consider asking whether an ECRB check will be required first.

If the answer is 'yes' then I'd would be upfront and tell them about the false allegation and that you were found not guilty (hopefully unanimously) and explain further if asked to.

If you do not tell them and they find out when the ECRB check arrives they may look on it as though you have tried to hide it.

Find out first, for certain, if they require an ECRB check and go from there.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
              Farbod, maybe you should consider asking whether an ECRB check will be required first.

If the answer is 'yes' then I'd would be upfront and tell them about the false allegation and that you were found not guilty (hopefully unanimously) and explain further if asked to.

If you do not tell them and they find out when the ECRB check arrives they may look on it as though you have tried to hide it.

Find out first, for certain, if they require an ECRB check and go from there.
              Hello and thank you for your reply.

I am hoping to do a pharmacy course and yes they will do a ECRB, we apply to universities through something called UCAS and in a section in UCAS it asks to state if you have any criminal conviction such as ( cautions, reprimands and others) it did not mention anything to do with being charged. I asked someone and they said they will of course not ask for charges because people can be charged with many things but it does not mean you are guilty of a crime. but when they do a ECRB it will show up I think. The universities said even if you're convicted of something it still does not mean you won't get accepted, and they only check your full criminal record AFTER you been given a offer for the course.

Hope I make sense.

I am very worried I will not get a place if they see I been charged with rape even though I have been found not guilty. people said, they should not reject you for being charged because if you're found not guilty in a court of law then charged should no longer stand even though being found not guilty in court does not mean you will be viewed as innocent by people.

I am very worried and I feel very angry and sad that I had to go through this It's really unfair, and it even makes you more angry when you realize there is not a damn thing you can do about it.
              Last edited by Farbod B; 17 November 2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Wait to see if you are accepted. If you are then I would take the bull by the horns and speak to the person who is in charge and explain everything to them. If you still have your trial paperwork offer to show this to them. They probably won't want to see it, but the very fact that you offered to show it to them may well speak volumes.

One step at a time. Let's wait until you are accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  Wait to see if you are accepted. If you are then I would take the bull by the horns and speak to the person who is in charge and explain everything to them. If you still have your trial paperwork offer to show this to them. They probably won't want to see it, but the very fact that you offered to show it to them may well speak volumes.

One step at a time. Let's wait until you are accepted.
                  Unfortunately, I do not have the papers after court, I just got rid of everything because I want it out of my life, but sadly getting rid of papers does not get rid of the experience or the record.
                  do you think they will reject me because I was charged with rape? I asked people, and they said, no universities should reject someone for being charged. but I still don't know...

Comment

I can't see that they would reject you because you were charged. You were found not guilty.

As I said, Wait and see what happens first.

Comment

Farbod, the application forms ask if you have any CONVICTIONS. You do not - you were found not guilty.
                      I don't think you would even have to mention it.
                      Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                        Farbod, the application forms ask if you have any CONVICTIONS. You do not - you were found not guilty.
                        I don't think you would even have to mention it.
                        Good luck!

Farbod said:

I been told, charged will show on a enhanced CRB check.
                        It's not about convictions, Saffron, it's about what might show on a eCRB check. The allegation, charge and the not guilty verdict will show.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbod B View Post
                          in a section in UCAS it asks to state if you have any criminal conviction such as ( cautions, reprimands and others) it did not mention anything to do with being charged. I asked someone and they said they will of course not ask for charges because people can be charged with many things but it does not mean you are guilty of a crime. but when they do a ECRB it will show up I think. The universities said even if you're convicted of something it still does not mean you won't get accepted, and they only check your full criminal record AFTER you been given a offer for the course.
                          Sorry, I misunderstood and was replying to the above.

Comment

I think it depends on whether they will request an ECRB check.

Fist things first - get accepted and then work on the rest!

Comment

Working...
                            X