Confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused.

Why does it take so long for certain cases to go to trial? Also, in other threads I have read people's stories where they haven't been charged months and months later. Surely this cant be right?

Another thing that bothers me is all this compensation business. Genuine rape victims are being undermined by these women who falsely accuse so why do Rape Crisis take their awful slant when confronted with the issue re: false allegations. I just don't get it.

Every individual has their own agenda. It suits everyone involved in the accusers side of a rape allegation to assume that the accuser is 100% truthful and accurate and any 'issues' which develop are simply down to either a lack of evidence or another procedural misfortune.

They all earn a living from it as well.

A Police Officer must have an incredibly hard job attempting to seperate the false accusations from the real ones and I would reckon that 9 times out of 10 they simply process the info through and pass the problem up the line to the prosecutors to decide on. If the prosecutors are unsure then they'll pass it into court and if the courts find everything in order they'll throw it over to a jury to decide on.

It's a very organised and some what biased system. The accuser has so many people on their side it beggars belief yet the accused has to face it all with a solicitor and possibly a barrister/QC. No external resources gathering masses of info on their behalf.......

The accused is the one that looses out. Finances are left in tatters, emotions and minds are wrecked and sometimes families ripped apart. Even fully compliant and law abiding individuals find themselves facing the horrors on earth through having committed no crime yet finding themselves facing a potential jail sentence and the drop of a hat...

The compensation on offer doesn't only serve as an injustice to genuine victims (it's a measly sum of money for the suffering caused and signals that a 'rape' is only work 'x' amount) it also rubs the noses of the falsely accused AND encourages the false accusations by twisted and greedy individuals. I strongly feel that FREE therapy should be the ONLY thing on offer unless a financial loss can be shown to have occurred. Employment law could be tweaked (government paying the wages of genuine rape victims back to companies if a guilty verdict is return at court for instance) to compensate companies and ensure that genuine rape victims don't suffer due to not being able to face working...
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Excellent post L1
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        Excellent post L1
        ThanksL1

Comment

There seems to be a mind set in this country that by throwing money at an alleged victim suddenly cures them of their alleged trauma.

Funny how a foreign holiday or new car cures all.

No amount of money can or will cure anything for the genuine victims of abuse of what ever form.

It takes years/decades and invariably life long terms of psychiatric treatment to enable a genuine victim to function and get through life

with even a modicum of normality.

Psychiatric therapy only helps the victim to function as people percieve is normal.

It teaches the victim to behave, react, interact in a way seen as normal, to moderate what is seen as innapropriate reactions,

coping strategies etc.

These mechanisms can be destroyed so easily, sending the victim of abuse back to square one and the decades of work they have

done to survive in a horrible world undone.

I worked for 3+ decades to function as a 'normal' adult.

It took one day to wipe all my efforts out and take me back to the way I was in my teens.

NO amount of money can wipe away, or make better what happened to me and make me who I am and why I am.

I will be dependent on psychiatric support and drug therapy for the rest of my life.

This is how those who have been through the kafkaesque nightmare of a false allegation feel.

It is interesting how money 'cures' the false accusers.

Comment

very eloquently put
            Still here

Comment

Originally posted by Verity View Post
              There seems to be a mind set in this country that by throwing money at an alleged victim suddenly cures them of their alleged trauma.

Funny how a foreign holiday or new car cures all.

No amount of money can or will cure anything for the genuine victims of abuse of what ever form.

It takes years/decades and invariably life long terms of psychiatric treatment to enable a genuine victim to function and get through life

with even a modicum of normality.

Psychiatric therapy only helps the victim to function as people percieve is normal.

It teaches the victim to behave, react, interact in a way seen as normal, to moderate what is seen as innapropriate reactions,

coping strategies etc.

These mechanisms can be destroyed so easily, sending the victim of abuse back to square one and the decades of work they have

done to survive in a horrible world undone.

I worked for 3+ decades to function as a 'normal' adult.

It took one day to wipe all my efforts out and take me back to the way I was in my teens.

NO amount of money can wipe away, or make better what happened to me and make me who I am and why I am.

I will be dependent on psychiatric support and drug therapy for the rest of my life.

This is how those who have been through the kafkaesque nightmare of a false allegation feel.

It is interesting how money 'cures' the false accusers.
              Blooming hell, beautifully put!

Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Working...
              X