Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written statements, taped statements, puctuation etc

I wonder if anyone can comment on the following:
    I'm just going through my son's taped interview and checking it against his written statements . Although the solicitor's clerk has already made amendments, there are still a few errors including key words. I'm going to point this out to the solicitor.
    One thing I notice on going through the statements is that the 'alleged victim's statement is beautifully written and puctuated whereas my son's written statement has no punctuation. When he repeats questions (which he does on several occasions with an interrogative intonation) this is transcribed without the question mark and therefor could be interpreted as being an affirmative declaration. Are there any rules governing this? There are also dotted lines.... would these be due to mumbling and should they be present each time he mumbles?

So hurt and angry

Hi there! My sons are the same I'm sure you will get plenty of opportunity to put the statements straight .they look terrible when they are written out ,but I think you will notice that the same can be said of the accusers when you get to see it. And don't forget if this does get to trial the jury will hear AND see your son and soon see that he is a well educated young man !
    Hope you are well and keep looking at those statements I find it quite amazing how things just suddenly jump out of the page at you.
    PS;
    If you get a chance try to ring me after 4,30 one night this week xx take care Xx

Comment

Whatsgoingon?

The"alleged victim's statement is beautifully written and punctuated"and your son's is confusing.
      I didn't have the dots...but [Something inaudible] instead.
      If you feel that the recorded interview of your son might be beneficial for him,
      you are allowed to ask for it to be listened to by the jury.

You are doing extremely well by fighting the charge.
      Don't give up and keep faith.
      Take care.
      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Originally posted by Boys don't cry View Post
        Whatsgoingon?

The"alleged victim's statement is beautifully written and punctuated"and your son's is confusing.
        I didn't have the dots...but [Something inaudible] instead.
        If you feel that the recorded interview of your son might be beneficial for him,
        you are allowed to ask for it to be listened to by the jury.

You are doing extremely well by fighting the charge.
        Don't give up and keep faith.
        Take care.
        Thanks alot for your advice and support. It's good to know that the recorded interview can be heard by the jury - what amazes me is that I assumed the PC interviewing would be a brute, but he's a young guy fumbling about, seemingly unsure what questions he's about to ask next and sometimes asking them in ways which seem dubious. Someone recently told me about a technique they use which is to create silences so that the person interviewed feels they have to talk to fill them.

Comment

Working...
        X