son wrongly accused of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• son wrongly accused of rape

My son has been accused of rape and released on bail with conditions attached all of which he has adhered to. His accuser keeps phoning and getting him arrested for breach of bail even although he hasn't and has witnesses that he hasn't breached bail my son can not deal with the constant being locked up in cells and has started self harming. He is in a very fragile mental state and all the family are worried he will attempt suicide. How can one person be allowed so much power and the police not investigate the alleged breaches of bail and see that my son didn't breach bail. On one occasion when he was supposed to have breached his bail conditions he was in fact with his lawyer. I am at my wits end he has been lifted 4 times in the past two weeks. He got lifted on a Thursday released on the Friday then re arrested three hours after getting out which meant he was in cells all weekend. He had sliced his ARM badly the Tuesday before this and while in cells at the weekend he picked out his stitches he now has no sensation or feeling in that ARM. Surely they avant keep re arresting him time and time again when he hasn't done anything. My heart is breaking watching my son go through this and I feel so helpless surely there must be something that can be done to stop this girl from phoning and telling lies.

I can only suggest changing your phone numbers and getting an answering machine with caller display.

Have you had any advice from your solicitor about this?

Please get him to go to his GP (if he isn't already) and tell them about it - get as many people involved as you are cofortable with - your MP if you feel able to.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Good advice from RFLH. He needs to see his GP to help him with some short term medication.

I should also warn you that if the police believe he is at risk of any attempt at suicide they may remand him into custody 'for his own safety'. This happened to one of my guys last year.

He needs help sooner rather than later.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Changing phone numbers won't help we changed his bail address out of the town but she still phones police to say he was in her street he has someone with him 24/7 but they won't give anyone a chance to give evidence because with breach of bail you appear on petition because its down to the P F to investigate surely they should have police look into the evidence before arrest but no that's not what happens. He was lifted again last night at I am afraid if he is remanded he will never be back out because he will find a way to top himself. He has been to docs and got medication but that hasn't stopped him self harming

Comment

I always think that CCTV has a role to play

Hi there. I am so sorry to hear of your plight. Looking at it from a different angle, if you can prove she is lying about the bail breaches you are well on the way to proving that she is a liar.

Get a CCTV system and install it in the house pointing so that a TV in the room is an indicator. Get an up-close shot of a mobile phoning a landline and have the landline ring you back each night after curfew. That should cover him whilst at home. Take a picture from the phone each hour or so and geotag it and send it to a private FB account and make a call or send a message to a second friend "on contract" straight after.

This will give you some sense of timeline - sprinkle in the odd library cam and school/college cam and use any private cctv cams to help ýour cause and hope that she makes her fake call when you have enough proof to let plod she is full of it.

It is a war and there are many battles but if you pitch it right to your guy he may just get enough positive buzz out of protecting himself like this to keep him from thinking of other things. When she is proved to be a false accuser, he can blog about it and refer to his winning of that battle - it may just save him - just like it has done for many others here.

Good luck.
          Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Have you spoken to the Solicitor about the situation? I just think if on one of the occasions he has been lifted for breach of bail he was actually with him it would give a very good alibi and he might be able to advise.
            As you mentioned P.F. I'm thinking you are in Scotland.
            I think you should get him back to the Doctor and see if they can offer him some more help. It's a horrible situation and I really feel for you but I think that's the first thing I would do.

Comment

Hi indispair, welcome to the forum. You will find many people on this site to help you, legally and emotionally.

I cant help you legally as I am as bewildered as you by this so called "justice system". All I know is, this site is the only place that I have found that understands exactly what you are going through, and they all do their best to help. Another thing I have found out, is this is a very long, drawn out procedure. The law is NOT fair or unbiased at all! The police will NOT be on your side, you quickly realise that!
              One thing I can say, is that my husband has been contacted 3 times by the police, to say that he has broken his bail conditions ( obviously on HER say so). The one time, a policeman turned up at his bail address , at 10.30pm, to say he had been seen on our estate at 8pm (against his bail conditions). He offered to get his witnesses out of bed to prove he had been there (Bail address) at the time, but the pc wasnt interested (just about to go off shift), he just took his word for it. He was a local pc, and I guess we were just lucky, the police in our town dont seem to be interested in anything! For example, last week, my 2 sons were in a friends car, and he was "apparantly" speeding through town. The pc that stopped them said " Dont call me "PC Smith" ( I will call him), call me "Joe", ( not his real name either!).
              The other 2 times he was supposed to have breached his bail conditions were by parking on our estate. These times, it was the city (investigating) officers. He told them, he was NOT parking on this estate and was therefore not breaking his bail conditions. The DC said "I will have to start interviewing witnesses, then". He told her to go ahead. He continues parking there and has heard nothing since.
              Guess its down to how your local police force act. But, you know your son is innocent, so continue to act like that. They will continue to act as if he is guilty, dont let them get away with anything they are not allowed to. The way they are treating your son sounds disgusting and, Im sure, illegal. But , since this happened to us, I can believe anything of the police. Nobody can surely believe it, until they go through it themselves. Thinking of you and your son x

Comment

stressed out

hi

just read your thread and sorry to hear that.

the accuser is actually playing a game keep lying to police that your son is in her street. your son has be strong and IvorBinWronged gave a good advice, install a CCTV camera outside your door so it will actually get the time when he will go out or come in. this will help and take a picture every after an hour.

Comment

Hello

You have many options to "track" your son. And PROBABLY there is one option how can you prove that your son wasn't at the time on the place as she said.
                  Send me a PM me and will explain you how.
                  Last edited by marynarz; 8 November 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Tried cctv and my son even asked to go on a tag apparently a tag breaches his human rights as he hasn't been convicted what a joke police ain't interested in his alibi or witnesses also on one of the occasions he was with his lawyer. She has now got him lifted saying he was on a social network which he isn't allowed to do. She said there are new pictures on it more lies the computer where the pics are is in the hands of the police and has been since he was first lifted and charged sheriff wasn't interested and today he was remanded for seven days. There is no way he will cope I am going to visit him tomorrow. I just can't believe she can get away with this I have to go back to my work 400 miles away tomorrow after visiting and it just kills me to have to go knowing where he is we have a very supportive family and his sisters will visit him every day. I think I will need to campaign for a change in law

Comment

...my son even asked to go on a tag apparently a tag breaches his human rights as he hasn't been convicted...
                      She has now got him lifted saying he was on a social network which he isn't allowed to do.
                      Re tag: In England this would not be true. I've known guys pre-conviction to be on a tag.

Re Social Networking: I do not understand the condition that he is not allowed onto a social network. I can understand that he is not allowed to contact certain people via a social network but certainly I cannot understand the blanket ban. Something is a little odd here.
                      Last edited by Rights Fighter; 8 November 2012, 09:41 PM.
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by stressed out View Post
                        hi

just read your thread and sorry to hear that.

the accuser is actually playing a game keep lying to police that your son is in her street. your son has be strong and IvorBinWronged gave a good advice, install a CCTV camera outside your door so it will actually get the time when he will go out or come in. this will help and take a picture every after an hour.
                        Stressed out

Ivor suggested wisely the CCTV inside the rooms.
                        He would have written outside the door,I would go through a window.
                        Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Hello Indespair, I'm sorry you find yourself on this forum but I'm sure you're finding it helpful. The possibility of your son self-harming must be a real nightmare for you , especially under such cruel conditions. The inhumanity of the system never fails to shock me. You might find the Samaritans very useful in helping you cope with your fears and they may be able to give you some good advice.
                          Take care

Comment

This has troubled me all day too...

If you can get to him a message, please just tell him that there are people who are thinking of him right now (people who share his helpnessness) and that he is not alone. Tell him we have all been messed up by the system but most have come through it and he must join that group too.
                            Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                              Re tag: In England this would not be true. I've known guys pre-conviction to be on a tag.

Re Social Networking: I do not understand the condition that he is not allowed onto a social network. I can understand that he is not allowed to contact certain people via a social network but certainly I cannot understand the blanket ban. Something is a little odd here.
                              I would have thought the same? I can understand that you can't contact certain people for obvious reasons but I don't understand a blanket ban either.

Comment

Working...
                              X