Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunshine0127 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thank-you so much for all your support and advise.

I contacted the PC in charge of the case today to see if she was aware about the comment that was made on my son's FB page which i reported yesterday (she was not). I have to say that i found the attitude of the PC to be very uncaring and unhelpful. She was actually on her way to see my sons alleged victim.

My husband is taking our son to the police station when he has to go back in 2 weeks, what happens then...
    Will he be interviewed again? If so will my husband be able to sit in on the interview? Do cases like this get dropped so early if there is not enough evidence ect..

It's been a bad day today, i never knew i could cry so much.
    What happens from this stage is that the police will be trying to build a case against your son. They will compile a dossier of evidence to be passed to the Crown Prosecution Service who need to decide whether or not it is likely to get a conviction. If it is 51% or more likely, then they will press charges which is when you are able to fight properly, as in you will get full disclosure to pull apart.

In 2 weeks time, when your son answers bail, he should get his solicitor to contact the Officer In Charge a day or two in advance who may tell them what is likely to happen. If it is a rebail (which you should prepare for) then the chances are that your son will be told he doesn't need to attend the station. However, if there is to be another interview, then he must ensure that he has a solicitor with him and makes no comment to the police whatsoever until he has had a conference with his solicitor. (There is no such thing as an off the record comment I'm afraid)

A lot can happen in two weeks. What will have happened today is that the police will have spoken to the accuser today in the wake of your son's interview.

As the other members have said, it is your right to gather evidence and you should exercise that. Anything you find is between you and the solicitor...do not start handing things willy-nilly to the police.
    Take Care.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Hi Sunshine 0127
      I can relate to everything you are saying and feel for you and your son. My son has also been accused of rape back in July. He has bail conditions which to me are completely ridiculous. Everytime he has got to go back to the police station they change the date extending it usually for another two weeks. This has now happened 8 times. Today he received a letter from the police station saying his date has now changed to the 7th Jan. I am so angry, my son is only 19 and is expected to be in by 9pm. Im going to keep all these letters and when this nightmare is all over im going to write a letter of complaint to the police. It seems so unfair that men get accused of rape and treated as if they are automatically guilty. Surely these professional people who interview these woman must know the ones who are lying and the genuine cases. We will just have to stay strong and hope one day these woman will get their comeuppance:

Comment

So hurt and angry

[QUOTE=not fair;34365]Hi Sunshine 0127
        . It seems so unfair that men get accused of rape and treated as if they are automatically guilty. Surely these professional people who interview these woman must know the ones who are lying and the genuine cases.
        I honestly wish they did because then we wouldn't be on here! I completely agree that they should be acting as professionals but it appears to me that they are given instruction to assume the guys are guilty. I hope you son is doing ok, and that you are too ,take care

Comment

Originally posted by not fair View Post
          Hi Sunshine 0127
          .... Today he received a letter from the police station saying his date has now changed to the 7th Jan. I am so angry, my son is only 19 and is expected to be in by 9pm. Im going to keep all these letters and when this nightmare is all over im going to write a letter of complaint to the police. It seems so unfair that men get accused of rape and treated as if they are automatically guilty. Surely these professional people who interview these woman must know the ones who are lying and the genuine cases. We will just have to stay strong and hope one day these woman will get their comeuppance:
          Just a thought ... you're son's bail date has probably been deliberately put off till after the Christmas period for plod's convenience (we had similar dates last year).
          It is thoroughly unfair, but who says there's a real desire to get to the heart of the matter in any of these cases or to find out 'the truth'. I 'm coming round to the idea that it's more to make up numbers and statistics, justify high police numbers, while keeping the media fed and watered and the general public in a state of fear and semi-hysteria.

Comment

Working...
          X