Moving on after false accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on after false accusations

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well under the circumstances.

With regards to my present situation, after been arrested full multiple allegations, of which the sexual ones were NFA'd and the common assault one was found not gulity in court I was then passed over to the Safe Guarding Authority.

The Safe Guarding Authority took ages in delibrating but wrote back to me saying it is inappropriate for me to be barred from any positions.

I already have a job outside of education in computing, the field which I have always wanted to work in and am doing good.

However, as I get stronger I am getting ever increasingly hard working and wish to progress.

I am aware that my arrests will be on my Enhanced CRB.

I am getting determined to go for a job with which requires an Enhanced CRB check and when the matter comes up of my arrests to be completely truthful and tell them

1. It was allegations made about me by a 45 year old man and a group of teenagers he hung around with, they all had a greivence with me with regards to the apartments we all lived in.
    2. All the allegations were wrong, I protested my innocence at all times and gave the police a full and accurate explanation of what had happened. I had commited no offences and as I was lecturer at the time I did not abuse any positions of trust.
    3. I was charged with common assault of which also I protested my innocence to, I went to court and was found not guilty.
    4. When all cases were closed the Independent Safeguarding Authority looked into all the infomation and deemed me suitable for working in Children and Vulnerable Adults.

My skills base is getting stronger every day and I am wanting to get on again in life.

Everytime I go "up a level" with regards to recovering, I get a feeling of anxiety as if I am slowly getting old forgotten about senses back.

Can I please have some thoughts on this.

Thanks

Hi Jamie

Sorry I cannot help you with this. I am new to the forum. Glad to hear you are moving on and working hard.

Comment

Hi Jamie,
      Congratulations on your positive outcome to the accusations that were levelled against you and the fact that you are deemed "safe" to work with vulnerable people. I like very much what you have written with regard to any future Ecrb checks. Would it be possible for you to look into getting these allegations completely dismissed from your Ecrb by pressing for a "No Crime"?
      Kind Regards
      Jen
      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

FYI - arrests for suspicion of rape are only put on eCRB if the local officer deems the police intelligence to be relevant to the job application. Mine as a youth worker wss clean even though I had been on bail after arrest for rape for 7 months.

Comment

What about Not Guilty verdicts??

I need an enhanced crb, which I've had for numerous years (being renewed every 3 yrs), does this mean that the NGB will barr me from still being involved within sport???

All because someone made a pack of lies, cos she didn't want to hurt her husband!!

Comment

Not necessarily brokenman. A not guilty verdict should just be put on your eCRB as that...not guilty...it is then the employer's choice what they do. It could even be possible that it doesn't appear.

NFAs are slightly different...an officer tends to be able to offer their sole opinion on whether a crime was committed...as it stands, there are very few restrictions on what they can write in the additional information section of the eCRB
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

My current one runs out next year. What would you suggest to do? I was gonna ask my barrister to ask the judge, but I was terribly upset after receiving the verdict.

Comment

Google "CRB Forums" and look at the Discussions and post your questions. Some experts look at that site occasionally but it ain't very active...

Comment

Although individuals are not supposed to be able to get their own enhanced CRT checks, it is possible to do so through some of the service providers. I managed to get one through an online application, costing me £70 rather than £50 for the standard one. If anyone has any difficulty in finding a provider, do let me know and I’ll pm them the one that I used. You will have to say the reason you want it – I said that I wanted to work with children as a sports coach, and although this is true, I wasn’t asked to prove anything.

Mine came back clean. To put this in context, I was accused of over 1,000 rapes by my ex wife, and was NFA’d without being charged. Before the CRB check was performed, I managed to get my DNA, fingerprints and police record removed from the PNC with the help of my MP. The check did take a lot longer to come back than standard, and I was told that the delay was at the local police station.

Comment

Working...
                  X