changes to funding for solicitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changes to funding for solicitors

hey guys, i rang chris saltrese the other day, and was told that there is changes regarding legal funding. Basically if i am to go down the route of paying privately for a solicitor, i won't get any of the legal fees back AFTER being found innocent..

i find this insane, so i'm pigeon holed into legal aid really?

wondered if anyone else is in the same boat as me, I'm faced with the dilemma of spending 30grand which i won't get back. or risking a legal aid solicitor, which when you are innocent you want the best representation but at the same time my friends with no actual information have told me just to take the legal aid and justice will come through in the end..

really sucks, and just another awesome thing to find out.

also the more i learn the more i'm worried, i would have thought that being two of us would be a good thing, as theres two stories that match up completely despite being seperated by police when interviewed. but apparently the jury can see this as an aggrivating factor as well.

kind regards,

dom

Yes, this is a very new change and it is absolutely horrendous. Sorry that you are facing this dilemma
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I think this change is only if you were charged after a certain date?

Comment

yeah my luck it came in this month or something. Its almost getting too much for me at the moment, bad news after bad news. How can the goverment justify this? i want to get revenge not only on her but the country i signed up to defend as well. I have gone from being a nice easy going guy, to someone who *********** hates the police, the politicians and the justice system. Not actually been charged yet, so now all my eggs are in that basket.

Does anyone know any good legal aid solicitors in the south west / exeter area out of interest?

Comment

As for solicitors Nunn Rikard were reccomended to me from RF so they must be good and are in exeter!
          I had a brief chat with them before i decided to go with Chris Saltrese and they seemed very friendly and helpful on the phone.
          I totally understand the way you feel mate litterally down to the letter!

Comment

Originally posted by billykickass View Post
            As for solicitors Nunn Rikard were reccomended to me from RF so they must be good and are in exeter!
            I had a brief chat with them before i decided to go with Chris Saltrese and they seemed very friendly and helpful on the phone.
            I totally understand the way you feel mate litterally down to the letter!
            That's good to get a recommendation. I didn't know there was a change in England to the funding.
            It's good your looking at all your options and to say not to get to despondent is easier said than done, as it's such a horrible thing to go through but hopefully you won't get charged but I think the way your feeling is pretty normal!

Comment

this will be your longest and hardest tour of duty...

[QUOTE=i want to get revenge not only on her but the country i signed up to defend as well.[/QUOTE]

Of course you do and that's perfectly normal. Play the long game, dig in, get a couple of courses under your belt (perhaps business-based), get a NCD or not guilty and make a success of life for yourself.

That's a much more effective way of dealing with this monster. It will kill her to know you're doing well.

If you do drink - stop alcohol right now - it weakens you.

Good luck.
              Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Yes I recommend Nunn Rickard of Exeter - do your best to get Steve Nunn on your case personally.

If you were charged before 1st October then you would get your money back.

I posted something up on my own forum the other day about this - I'll go and find it and post it here too.....
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

LSC warns on out of time claims

UPDATE, 1 November: See this guidance from the LSC citing a new costs decison.

UPDATE 2 November: The new costs case can be read here

Previous Post:The LSC has warned practitioners that all claims must be submitted within 3 months of case conclusion. What they do not make clear however is that the normal sanction imposed for an out of time claim is a 100% reduction in costs, as opposed to the 5% or so previously imposed by the NTT.

Practitioners, whilst of course wanting speedy payment, will on occasion, for one reason or another, find themselves in a situation where a claim needs to be submitted late. This case will be of assistance where a draconian costs reduction is imposed, although it should be noted that it is not bindng on the LSC so they will in all likelihood ignore it and force an appeal to a Costs Judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                    Yes I recommend Nunn Rickard of Exeter - do your best to get Steve Nunn on your case personally.

If you were charged before 1st October then you would get your money back.

I posted something up on my own forum the other day about this - I'll go and find it and post it here too.....
                    i think my friends solicitor may have been this. do we need to get different ones or could we have the same representation from same firm, not sure if its best to try combine? or maybe 2 different outlooks would be better.

any advice appreicated,

many thanks,

Dom

Comment

There are two defendants? Find out for sure which sols your co-def is using and if they are not using Nunn Rickard you can approach them.

Comment

Working...
                      X