Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court date looming - will there be a Jimmy Saville effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messham is backtracking because there was a threat of suing for slander/libel. What's the betting that if that threat had not been made, he'd still be pontificating about it all....
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by windmill View Post
      Thank you everyone. Just sat watching the news and I think your right, maybe the jury will be mindful of the false allegations made by Steve Messham. It will be interesting to see what my Barrister says on Monday.
      The best possible advice I can give you, is concentrate on your case alone!! Don't worry about your OP. when I'd saw your post before my case it did cross my mind, but at the end of the day it's the facts of YOUR case that matters!

Comment

Sometimes it is good to remind the jury that just because something is happening in the public domain at the time - this doesn't make all defendants guilty (of the same crime).

Comment

Having not been able to escape from the 'news' about Savile and 'that' Conservative guy I have to say that the mess that the media are in at the moment can only be POSITIVE for you.

We had all the hype about Savile and no movement of any kind in any direction of any importance. The Tory dude was cleared when the accuser was put under some pressure. It will be clear to all and sundry that false accusations are a REAL issue which many people face even though the governments, charities and media have spent so long making it seem as if false accusations are soooooo rare that we've all to assume that everyone is guilty!

The psychological re-conditioning of our minds 'war' that's been happening for so long is blowing up in their faces. They thought they had the carrot within reach and started sprinting for it without realising the consequences. Old Esther 'Ransom' must've been loving the positiveness of the Savile story in the beginning without realising what the results would be.

I reckon that when all this blows over people will assume everyone accused of a sexual offence is innocent unless proven otherwise which is a massive injustice to genuine victims but a result of the present mess that's been made of the 'injustice' system.

As for your own case. I'm wishing you well and heaping on the 'good luck' vibes. Keep your head up and your positivity flowing, it will all be over soon.

Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post

I reckon that when all this blows over people will assume everyone accused of a sexual offence is innocent unless proven otherwise which is a massive injustice to genuine victims but a result of the present mess that's been made of the 'injustice' system.

That's very optimistic... it would be nice for a more balanced culture and I do think the MP story raises the prospect of false allegations quite publicly. On top of that the police have had a lot of bad press of late so it is quite clear that there is corruption in the force, even to mr joe public.

However, with people ready to condemn anyone that breathed the same air as Savile and TV presenters flailing about lists of names they found on the internet, I fear that your prediction might be a while off yet.

Still, it is progress and that's all that we can hope for.
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Update

This morning was supposed to be summing up and judges instructions to jury. However, before jury came in, judge said he had gone through the whole case and realised the prosecution had provided no evidence that the complainants had been under 16 and therefore all charges relating to contact with under 16's would have to be seen as not guilty. He then brought jury in to tell them. Because of the changes both sides needed time to re-write their closing statements and so they have been given until tomorrow morning.

Therefore 7 charges I have been cleared of. This leaves one charge or rape and 5 of computer related offences (of which I am also pleading not guilty but can't go into my defence on here)

We await tomorrow's verdict !

Comment

Excellent start. Fingers crossed for the remaining charges!
                "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I'll be thinking you you windmill. Let's hope you have a good jury

Comment

This is good news as the jury will surely now have their doubts about the remaining charges.
                    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

its good to see that the Judge is on the ball, wonder why no-one else picked up that point of law?
                      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. My barrister offered the opportunity to apply for a re-trial but we both agreed it was actually more helpful to be able to use the 'not guilty' charges as the accusers evidence these charges relate to are so conflicting with the second accusers evidence. So best for us to be able to use this evidence. A re-trial would mean we couldn't use this evidence. (Hope this makes sense?)

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
                          its good to see that the Judge is on the ball, wonder why no-one else picked up that point of law?
                          Yes exactly, although to be fair my barrister was going to say this in his closing but my question is how the heck did it get this far (nearly 2 years after arrest!) with the prosecution having no evidence!!

Comment

A waste of taxpayers money!!!

All the best for tomorrow 👍

Comment

So hurt and angry

This sounds very promising for you , but once again why on earth has this been allowed to wreck your life for TWO YEARS before a crown court judge realises that it shouldn't be there anyway! Where the heck are the CPS surely its their place to be sifting through all this **** and 1; saving un- told misery to those falsley accused 2;saving tax payers time and money and 3;stop empowering false accusers!
                              Good luck to you hopefully you will be smelling roses very soon xxx oh and eating bananas xxx

Comment

Long day

Had a long day of summing up which didn't end until 4pm. Jury sent out for half an hour then sent home so looks like verdict tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X