Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was falsely accused but now have proof

Hi,

6 years ago i was accused of rape by a friend who had stolen a large sum of money from me. The accusations were done out of spite and to ensure i would never see the return of my money. I was living in a dream world where everything this girl did was a lie and fake.

After 6 months i produced a large amount of evidence against the girl and the police contacted her she dropped the case. I was emotionally drained and never persued it despite my name being dragged in the dirt and loss of money.

Now 6 years on i have recieved an appology email from the girl. She has stated she is sorry for what she did and it was wrong. I have not responded and am more in shock as it took me years to get over what she did.

I would like to contact the UK police and quote the case number to show this evidence and reopen a case against her for false accusation.

Please could you give me some advice on what to do

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum,

It is surprising to get an apology from your accuser after all this time and interesting to speculate as to why: perhaps she has felt guilty and wants to put the incident behind her or perhaps she wants to rekindle your friendship.

As you were once friends you will be able to guess at her motives better than us.

I hate to pour cold water on your idea of getting the police to take action but they will not accept the email as proof of her lying: after all anyone can create an account and send you an email purporting to be a message from her (and yes, I know when she made the accusation against you no 'proof' was needed, but that's the world we are living in) She would need to make a statement to the police and even then the CPS may decide not to prosecute.

You could of course initiate a private prosecution against her using the email as a basis for your loss; in this instance the case would be decided on the balance of probabilities rather than absolute proof, but you would have to fund this yourself.

It may be better just to move on and hopefully getting the apology may help you to do this; most folks who have been through a similar experience never get to hear from their accusers and still wonder why it happened.
    Last edited by Casehardened; 23 October 2012, 05:46 AM.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

As somone who is on trial IT would be like winning the lottery for me the golden ticket I would for the rest of my life never forgive I would go to a lawyer and use it against her bankrupt her put her in jail send out a message you now have the opportunity to clear your name

Comment

I have moved this thread to the False Allegation section to avoid confusion
        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          Hi and welcome to the forum,

It is surprising to get an apology from your accuser after all this time and interesting to speculate as to why: perhaps she has felt guilty and wants to put the incident behind her or perhaps she wants to rekindle your friendship.

As you were once friends you will be able to guess at her motives better than us.

I hate to pour cold water on your idea of getting the police to take action but they will not accept the email as proof of her lying: after all anyone can create an account and send you an email purporting to be a message from her (and yes, I know when she made the accusation against you no 'proof' was needed, but that's the world we are living in) She would need to make a statement to the police and even then the CPS may decide not to prosecute.

You could of course initiate a private prosecution against her using the email as a basis for your loss; in this instance the case would be decided on the balance of probabilities rather than absolute proof, but you would have to fund this yourself.

It may be better just to move on and hopefully getting the apology may help you to do this; most folks who have been through a similar experience never get to hear from their accusers and still wonder why it happened.
          I don't disagree that the possibilities of success are slim BUT...

With regards to the email, I am certain that the IP could be tracked and the senders computer verified. It would then be a case of identifying who has access to the computer...

I thought the Police had a DUTY to investigate a reported crime? Is it only the ones that suit them that they bother with?
          Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post

With regards to the email, I am certain that the IP could be tracked and the senders computer verified. It would then be a case of identifying who has access to the computer...
            A very good point; as I don't own such things it didn't occur to me that the email could have been sent from a tablet or iphone!
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi Marc.

There are different ways to track a sender's IP.
              You can even do it yourself and it will show you the location from where it has been posted.
              Just make sure you keep a copy of every information you collect.

Do you think you could start a formal conversation with this girl in order to know her motives?
              Before contacting the police,I would suggest a solicitor's avice.

Good luck.
              Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Sorry,I meant advice.
                Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

You wouldn't just need the email but you would need to save it on your computer which I am sure you have already done (in case the email has to be examined in situ), print the email out and also print out all the headers etc. It depends on what operating system you are using and email programme as to how you go about that.

From what you say you are not in the UK. If the alleged crime supposedly occurred in the UK then it's the police force in the specific area you would need to contact. You should be able to make anonymous enquiries in the first instance.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                  X