How can this happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Izzy View Post
    I think for me the biggest shock was how the wheels turn once the allegation is made, I honestly thought innocent until proven guilty but it seems
    to be the opposite when it comes to this and the sad thing is I can't see it changing.

I've tried to step back and analyze how I would have reacted to another family being in our predicament and found that I can't answer honestly as you don't really know how the system works until you are faced with it. Part of it niggles at me that I might have been part of the no smoke without
    fire brigade and that makes me sad, but I guess maybe something like this does make you take a hard look at yourself.

I think all you can do is fight against a very one-sided system and never give up and I look forward to posting some dancing bananas for you all.

Keep strong!
    I just find it amazing how people end up in this situation, and like you, how 'innocent until proven guilty ' just sounds hollow. I sat in on several 'Sus' cases back in the 70'sbefore they were known to the general public and when I told my friends about them they wouldn't believe that that was happening in the UK. Let's hope that one day the FA and dodgey 'consent' cases will also be exposed for their injustice and become obsolete. One thing it's done to us as a family is mistrust of the legal system. We will never think of the police or the 'wonderful justice system' in the same way again. As for' no smoke without fire' goes, I think we can all have this attitude at some time, but it's not finding out if infact there is a fire and the origins of the 'smoke' that's wrong.
    Thanks for your encouraging words.

Comment

Thank you all for our comments and take care. I will let you know the outcome as soon as it is over.

Comment

Best wishes to you Barney.

Let's hope that things go well for you pal.
        Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Jesus...

I've been having some time-out lately as things were becoming overbearing for me.

I've realised that the 'authorities' are not interested in seeking 'justice' but more interested in quantifying their existence and monetary value. Justice is a word that really is misused and mis-sold to the public of what once was 'Great' Britain.

Now, I'm not one for bending forum etiquette, often, but the following was something that I wrote a while ago, long before any accusations!

http://www.grumpyoldsod.com/roberts%20rant.asp

I understand the consequences of the link and am personally not bothered about the mentioning of my name. Should the moderators feel duty bound to protect me in some manner please fear not, I have nothing to be scared off and neither do you. Nobody should live their lives in fear although the media likes to tell people how to behave... Politically controlled media?

Anyway, I have enough people who know who I am and what I am to far out number those that may be misled into believing different and these people are all around me. Neighbours, friends, relatives, workmates... People who have know me for years and people who will be able to tell whomever wishes to know that I am not in any manner a sexual deviant.

These people are also very protecting. The mods have nothing to fear by me putting my name out there.

Anyway... The little snippet of an article that I wrote back in the day is something I am kinda proud off. Had other bits and pieces all over the place.

What you must realise is the YOU are expendable fodder in the game. All other parties earn a living from false accusations except for those that find themselves falsely accused. Until there is a drastic change here then WE, as falsely accused, will continue to be like lambs to slaughter. At times we will be spared and others we will be cut to pieces. Ensuring that you are not one of the 'cut to pieces' little lambs is greatly helped by the very fact that you have signed up on here, stated your case and sought the help and assistance of others in dealing with your plight.

You can't believe 'this' is happening any more than you can believe 'that' happened. The accusation, the charge, the bail, the bail, the bail, the court appearance, the further court appearance, the persuasion from your solicitor, the plea, the trial (if there is one), the verdict.... All unbelievable steps that ARE happening but you are NOT alone. We are all here for you. Others have been to absolute hell and back so believe me when I say this, you're in good hands. Keep an eye on your legal team, keep an eye on yourself and keep updating us!
          Wow... A signature option!

Comment

No, I'm Spartacus!

Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

L1,

thanks for the link to the GOS site, I had it bookmarked previously after a mention on another forum but a computer change meant it fell out of the bottom of the box.

I rant at most of the TV news each morning so I guess I can qualify as a GOS

PS your views on the justice system are brilliant (and you didn't even mention the no-win no-fee where-there's-blame-there-must-be-a-claim lot)
              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                L1,

thanks for the link to the GOS site, I had it bookmarked previously after a mention on another forum but a computer change meant it fell out of the bottom of the box.

I rant at most of the TV news each morning so I guess I can qualify as a GOS

PS your views on the justice system are brilliant (and you didn't even mention the no-win no-fee where-there's-blame-there-must-be-a-claim lot)
                No win, No fee is the lowly side of the justice system. It's the giant thorn in our lives as the more people claim the more it costs people. Solicitors of course take large chunks of money from the citizens of this country via an 'advert' (no win, no fee). I don't disagree that there are many people entitled to compensation but things are grossly out of hand and it's costing every one of us a small fortune in increased costs of everyday products and services.

The other bit that gets me is that Joe Bloggs would 99% of the time be able to handle a 'no win, no fee' type case on his/her own but mis-selling has made it seem as if a 'legal professional' is required. Personally I would banish legal representation from compensation claims as it would make things more 'honest'. I would provide an expert panel (on a yearly salary with no incentives for higher turnover!) to ensure that any claimant receives a fair hearing and a fair payout.

My views of the 'justice system' have always been clouded since my earlier 'speeding' days where I'd be stopped by some cops, processed, and the SPEED away. The deterrent simply didn't exist as I knew I wasn't being stopped for speeding but mainly because the public were calling the cop shop asking for action against those 'cruisers' hanging around in a car park! We'd all be chased out of the car park and then singled out and stopped. That is such a lowly side of justice as well and pales in significance to murders and robberies but it showed me that if they can be soooo blase with the small stuff then what's stopping them being the same with the bigger stuff?

Obviously since I was charged my roller coaster of emotions have gotten in the way but I am now seeing that my ignorantly held beliefs were correct. Justice is merely a word for unscrupulous individuals to coin in extraordinary sums of money at the expense of those that find themselves tangled up in the system. Hell, some ARE guilty but they generally plead early, do their time and come out the other end without much real money being earned. Those that are innocent are left in limbo, stressed out their brains, milked for every penny possible and then discarded like a piece of trash with a tainted image and mangled head.

'No win, No fee' is simply a more open and honest 'looking' form of the extortion racket that is the British justice system.

On a side note... I was out a walk with the dog last night and got thinking...

We're governed with the consent of the majority (not wanting and freeman stuff here!) yet nobody ever asks what the actual 'consent' of the majority is. Is it blind compliance? Is it voting in the political party that passed the legislation (remember that the party normally gets elected with LESS than 50% of the vote!). I've also noted that 'trial by jury' is NOT available for all offenses. Why not, surely the public should decide whether a piece of legislation is valid and the easiest way to do this is by asking a group of citizens what they think...
                Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Working...
                X