Frightened and angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frightened and angry

me and my friend have just been accused of rape, we gave statements etc. Her story is she got dragged into an alley way by two complete strangers, held down and raped.
    Reality was we met her in a club, theres cctv footage of us leaving the club together kissing, we were talking about sex whilst in the club, and everything was consensual, my friend even explicitly asking her if she was okay during, we parted ways and i offered her my phone number.

wondered if anyone has experienced a similar thing, the girl has already been proven to be a liar due to CCTV footage surely?, i just feel so let down that anyone could make such a claim...

any advice appreciated,

thank you

Hi and welcome to the forum though sorry to hear of the experiences that bring you here.

Assuming that you've haven't been charged with the alleged rape, you might find it useful to read the sticky near the top of this section of the forum to give you an idea of what may happen:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Your story so far seems verys similar to mine 'girl meets guy whilst on a night out etc..' So have a read of mine thread if you like. Hope you and your mate are doing ok, at least you have someone to talk to who was actually there.

Comment

Originally posted by billykickass View Post
        Your story so far seems verys similar to mine 'girl meets guy whilst on a night out etc..' So have a read of mine thread if you like. Hope you and your mate are doing ok, at least you have someone to talk to who was actually there.
        hey bud, i read your story. How long was your intial bail sorry? and they had CCTV footage of you two kissing, but it still going to court as 'stranger rape' ? its so unbelievable...

Comment

I was initially arrested in Aug 11 and charged in Feb 12 so about 7 months there were a few re- bails within that time tho. Yeah all kinds of CCTV showing us together and being flirtacious and such beforehand. Almost too much to go into here, the OIC even said to my chain of command that the evidence seems to be in my favour.
          Dont for one minute assume that just because i got charged that you also will, i have seen it go a number of ways from seemingly similar situations on this forum!
          It seems more of a lottery as to what the CPS decide to do, but to be honest in my opinion if they were good solicitors they would be working privately and making lots of money surely?

Comment

cheers billy, and she stated that she didn't know you i presume? man it makes me feel even worse reading this.

Comment

No worries. Like I said you will read a myriad of experiences on here and in no way are they anything to do with or give a bearing on the way yours might go so please try and relax a little and don't let mine or anyone else's experiences worry you unnnesecararily!

Comment

Yeah but did she say she knew you beforehand or were you a total stranger? im hoping this one piece of evidence will throw it out by cps

Comment

She said that she didn't know me and they had to use CCTV to track me down the next day, even tho she had my phone number and I had texted her!

Comment

hey guys, still biting my nails every night. Not had any update regrding anything. I'm away from home at the moment with the military and just finding it hard to care about anything since this case....

does anyone know whether the fact there is two of us (two accused) will help us a lot in our favour? we were both seperated straight away when arrested, but our stories match up regarding main point, i.e she took off her own knickers.

i really want this case NFA'd

Anyone have any experiences similar? if it was to go to court, would we be tried seperately or together? My friend had less involvement then me, but he would be my primary itness obviously as he saw it all!

thanks a lot, ive been reading these forums a lot, and it has helped. although its taken away any nice feeling of justice i thought existed. as without this i'd probably just presume it would work itself out! which i realise is not the case.

thanks in advance, dom

Comment

hey guys, still biting my nails every night. Not had any update regrding anything. I'm away from home at the moment with the military and just finding it hard to care about anything since this case....

does anyone know whether the fact there is two of us (two accused) will help us a lot in our favour? we were both seperated straight away when arrested, but our stories match up regarding main point, i.e she took off her own knickers.

i really want this case NFA'd

Anyone have any experiences similar? if it was to go to court, would we be tried seperately or together? My friend had less involvement then me, but he would be my primary itness obviously as he saw it all!

thanks a lot, ive been reading these forums a lot, and it has helped. although its taken away any nice feeling of justice i thought existed. as without this i'd probably just presume it would work itself out! which i realise is not the case.

thanks in advance, dom

Comment

Working...
                      X