Finally free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally free!

Some of you may remember that I joined this forum last year and posted a few times about my case where my stepdaughter had thrown an accusation at me.

After a long wait, I finally went through my trial. It took the prosecution less than a day to present their evidence, which was nothing but the witness testimony. It took my defence FOUR DAYS to present ours. I had dug out a ton of evidence to prove my innocence. I did this all myself, my legal team did none of it.

After all that, it took the jury less than 30 minutes to deliver a verdict - unanimously NOT GUILTY.

I want to thank everyone here for the support, and for the fact that this forum even exists. When I had nowhere to turn, this place was my only source of comfort. Thank you all SO much, people.

To anyone going through the same - NEVER give up. Never lose hope. You know you didn't do it, and despite the entire "innocent until proven guilty" myth, dig up anything you can to prove your innocence. Show these people that you won't take this lying down. My case almost destroyed my mental health, and now it's over I have to pick up the pieces of my life and my health. You can prove yourself, no matter how hard it gets. Always remember that.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

brilliant news, I am so pleased for you.

Please remember that your emotions will be all over the place for quite a while - but this is normal !!

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Fantastic news, and you have just given me the boost I really really needed as my trial is only a few weeks away. I am fortunate and have a good defence team in Chris and Tania but this does not take the fear away. I recently saw a qoute on facebook that said..

The first to apologize is the bravest
      The first to forgive is the strongest and
      The first to forget is the happiest.

Be happy every day from now on in.

God Bless and take Care.

and of course here are the dancing bananas that we all hope to see one day.

Comment

Originally posted by barney View Post
        Fantastic news, and you have just given me the boost I really really needed as my trial is only a few weeks away. I am fortunate and have a good defence team in Chris and Tania but this does not take the fear away.
        The fear will stay with you, but never forget that you *know* you are innocent. Stay calm, answer honestly, and the jury will see the truth. I have to admit, my mental health was in such a state over this that the judge ordered psych reports to determine whether it was safe to take me to trial. Despite the fear, I wanted to do it, because I wanted the opportunity to stand strong and prove myself. I didn't want the charges dropped at the last minute as many have had happen, because I wanted to be able to get through this. For the same reason, I didn't let any friends or family come to court with me. I fought the whole damn lot on my own along with my legal team, and I got through it.

Barney, no matter how scared you get, never ever forget that you didn't do it. Stay strong, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
          brilliant news, I am so pleased for you.

Please remember that your emotions will be all over the place for quite a while - but this is normal !!
          Thank you Yeah, you're right about the emotions. My trial actually took place a month ago, and it's taken me this long to gather enough strength to come back online.

Comment

Thanks for coming on to let us know, it gives a big boost to others.
            Congratulations on your result and good luck with your recovery process.
            "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Explorwe 1982

I dont want to hijack someone elses thread but Explorer thanks so much for your word of encouragement.

Comment

Congratulations to you. Kudos for doing so much of your evidence searching to prove your innocence. What sort of thing did you do to make your innocence so clear to the jury?
                  Kind rgards
                  Jen

False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by largactyl1 View Post
                    Congratulations to you. Kudos for doing so much of your evidence searching to prove your innocence. What sort of thing did you do to make your innocence so clear to the jury?
                    There were a number of things, to be honest, and I can't mention some of them specifically without giving too much personal info away. Basically, I proved that it could not have happened on that day. At first, the accuser couldn't remember which month it was alleged to have happened, let alone which day. When the CPS brought charges, they stated a specific day - not "around the date of..." but a set date. I used evidence from lots of sources including times and dated Facebook posts to show that it could not have happened on that date. Not just my Facebook, which could of course have easily been done by me at the time to plant my own alibi, but from *ALL* of the other parties involved in the accusation. Yes, you'd think they'd have had the sense to check their own Facebook posts from that day, wouldn't you? Add that to medical evidence from my files which was relevant and the local witnesses who took the stand for me to prove my whereabouts on, before, and after that date, and I had a lot of evidence to present.

My barrister forced all parties including the CPS to commit to that date. Yes, they said, it was without a doubt that day. Then we unleashed the torrent of evidence. All of a sudden the CPS barrister said "Well, maybe she was wrong about the date. The date is not important...". Boom. The whole thing fell apart.

Never, ever, ever give up, people. You know you're innocent of this filth, stand up and prove it. Yes, it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. It also gave me a great sense of achievement to know I did this on my own. Even my barrister said I built one of teh strongest defence cases he'd ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by barney View Post
                      I dont want to hijack someone elses thread but Explorer thanks so much for your word of encouragement.
                      You're not hijacking, mate. I came back here to post this thread for exactly this reason, so that those of you who are now where I was can take the smallest grain of encouragement and positivity at a difficult time. Any time, my friend. Stand tall.

Comment

Wonderful wonderful news!

Comment

Great news & thanks for posting some details of your defence; this will help other members who may be able to use this line.

'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                            Great news & thanks for posting some details of your defence; this will help other members who may be able to use this line.
                            Happy to help in any way I can. Acquiring evidence from Facebook is considerably easier now that Timeline allows you to slip back to exact dates. When I was compiling evidence, it was a much harder job

Comment

Well done, I am so, so pleased for you Explorer 1982, you show the rest of us that are still going through it that there is light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how bad things seem. You worked so hard and deserve your happiness now!

Comment

Working...
                              X