Enhanced CRB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhanced CRB

Got my ECRB back with no comments under any heading yet was arrested for violent adult rape in 2010. Can anyone help me to understand why? Job was for youth worker.... Thx, confused bere

I can only presume that its good news for you. I'm sure they would have written it up - if there was anything to write up - they don't normally miss a trick!
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

If it's enhanced then that means that it isn't being considered relevant to the job.
      This is great news!
      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Good news for you - don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
        Kind Regards
        Jen
        False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

No I'm not looking at a gift horse... But I am mighty confused. If my daughter was 15 would I want her looked after by someone who had been arrested for violent rape - especially if I were a Daily Mail reader. So what IS the point of of an ECRB then really; at least the local police intelligence section.. Surely an arrest for violent adult rape is relevant to a youth worker working with vulnerable minors?

Comment

it'd only be relevant if the person had been guilty.
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

But non conviction information is meant to be included and by definition is not a result of conviction / guilt

Comment

eCRB extra information is included at the discretion of the chief officer. It's a human decision as to what is included.

Comment

Does that mean I can conclude the police did not think I was guilty? Obviously a rape of an adult is highly relevant to a youth worker job which deals with vulnerable teens... M

Comment

it would appear so - otherwise something would have shown up - good news!!

Comment

So if there is nothing to write up why is the Met the Exceptional Cases team saying it will take at least 7 months to reach a decision about destruction of DNA etc - three months to go before 7 month estimate expires

Comment

Because DNA is a different matter altogether. The police love to build a bank of DNA and would be loathe to delete their records.

I must reitorate that just because it hasn't shown up on the CRB (which is brill!), it doesn't mean that it isn't on the PNC.

Comment

Yeah, I get that it is probably on the PNC. Still trying for a NC or some such to obtain a full deletion. Then I have to address the visa issue with acpo for USA. All soooo slow and yet they arrested me PDQ and with ample prejudice

Comment

Working...
                          X