Help and Advice - Falsely Accused of Rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason is safeguarding.

Those that work with children and vulnerable adults are vetted in more detail, for obvious reason. Hence the phrase 'Enhanced'

If there was one type of CRB to fit all then it would mean that almost every employee would have to be scrutinised in such detail which wouldn't be very productive and would end up costing more due to the additional research and disclosures required.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
      It may still come up. It would say what you were charged with but SHOULD point out that you were acquitted.

Hooked said: I looked again at the letter I received from the police nearly 5 years ago.

It says I am NOT now required to attend a certain date regarding an alleged offence of rape " as there is insufficient evidence at this time to proceed further.

However should further evidence come to light the right to reconsider the position is reserved." Is this the same as NFA?

Maybe I have misplaced my marbles but wasn't he only NFA'd? No further action unless further evidence comes to light?

If I am correct then this would be one very BIG reason as to why he cannot proceed with any action against the complainant.
      Last edited by Rights Fighter; 28 August 2012, 05:03 PM.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
        The reason is safeguarding.

Those that work with children and vulnerable adults are vetted in more detail, for obvious reason. Hence the phrase 'Enhanced'

If there was one type of CRB to fit all then it would mean that almost every employee would have to be scrutinised in such detail which wouldn't be very productive and would end up costing more due to the additional research and disclosures required.
        I believe it gives a 'false' sense of 'safeguarding'. The only people that may pop up on the ECRB as unsuitable are those that have been 'caught' by the law. Even in amongst the 'caught' group there will be an extra-ordinary number of individuals who are completely innocent but will suffer due to little bits of writing on a bit of paper.

I wouldn't trust a ECRB certified person any more than I would trust Joe Public in the street. It means very little at the end of the day although I don't discount the 'every little helps' moto (nicked from Tescos...).

If every employee was scrutinised in detail then there would be a massively increased awareness of the uselessness of the current system and change would be forced through. It's the very fact that the systems already in place were vastly and unnecessarily complex which brought the CRB/ECRB checks into existence to, strangely, add another bit of complexity through simplification to a massively unworkable system. It's a massive bottleneck of right to privacy versus right to safety versus right to employment versus right to enjoy family life. In amongst it all are many individuals who have found themselves wrongly accused of crimes and now must live out the rest of their lives with 'restrictions' in place through absolutely no fault of their own and all to safeguard some kids and vulnerable people.

Meanwhile companies are further turning a blind eye to employees as they also believe that passing an ECRB means the individual is perfectly fine to be left unmonitored whilst looking after these very groups. The cunning and sly are then able to manipulate the system, do whatever they do and when the fallout comes everyone passes the buck around because it's not their fault!
        Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
          Maybe I have misplaced my marbles but wasn't he only NFA'd? No further action unless further evidence comes to light?

If I am correct then this would be one very BIG reason as to why he cannot proceed with any action against the complainant.
          I was responding to the 'if not guilty', forgetting to read back and recall the person's case. I take it the OP was meaning No Crimed?
          In which case, they MAY have a case of getting it removed from the eCRB

Comment

Help and Advice - Falsely Accused of Rape

Hi

Is this not the police`s way of leaving all options open by suggesting that some time later new evidence is likely to turn up. After all they are not likely to say that the accuser lied even though that is what really happened. Do they ever say No Further Action when they should. There was No Crime.

Hooked

Comment

When you are NFA'd that's generally the close of the matter. They stop investigating. it would take significant NEW evidence (not just the accuser reitorating that it happened) to re-open the case.

Comment

Correct Faith.

It is very difficult to get an allegation no-crimed. If you can prove beyond all doubt the alleged offence was not committed then you might have a fighting chance however the wording on your NFA letter suggests that there is only doubt, due to lack of further evidence.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Hooked View Post
                  Hi

Is this not the police`s way of leaving all options open by suggesting that some time later new evidence is likely to turn up. After all they are not likely to say that the accuser lied even though that is what really happened. Do they ever say No Further Action when they should. There was No Crime.

Hooked
                  The reason for leaving the option open is if (hypothetically) you did actually rape someone else in the future this case would be looked at again and may then also be proceeded with.

As Faith says, it is very unlikely to be proceeded with otherwise.
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I was NFA'd after 7 months on bail and NOTHING appeared on my ECRB but it took about 12 weeks to come through compared to 3-4 weeks for 'ordinary' people. I am pursuing the No Crime and DNA destruction route through my MP and the police "Exceptional Cases" unit - this takes about 7 months in the police force who were responsible for where the alleged rape occurred.

Comment

Working...
                    X