No announcement yet.

sexual assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough, and that is all very true, but regardless, it shouldn't make one want to go out and commit the crimes as they 'may as well' seeing as they'd get a lesser sentence.

Maybe I am being overly sensitive but one has to have tact in a community such as this...

Thanks for your input Izzy, and I am sure that you are right.
    We shall get back to topic.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy View Post
      It's not how I read it, but maybe it's the Scottish sarcasm that only we get. It's a knock at the system and soft sentencing for other crimes not the one of being FA, or thats how I read it.
      Nail, head, hit...

Maybe I didn't put it across correctly...

The 'Guilty' are treated better than those that are 'Not Guilty'... Basically what I was saying...

You can actually COMMIT a crime and get a lesser sentence than if you find yourself falsely accused.......
      Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Originally posted by Izzy View Post
        I think the point he was making was that the punishment starts the minute you are FA, the repercussions can be bad when word leaks out, whereas if you have actually commited a crime, the punishment can be less or certainly less life changing. Thats how I read it, but I'm sure he will be back on to make it clear.
        Oops... This is in the area too.

I'm pants at explaining myself!!!

Communicate communicate communicate is my mantra... I've failed!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
          Fair enough, and that is all very true, but regardless, it shouldn't make one want to go out and commit the crimes as they 'may as well' seeing as they'd get a lesser sentence.

Maybe I am being overly sensitive but one has to have tact in a community such as this...

Thanks for your input Izzy, and I am sure that you are right.
          We shall get back to topic.
          Miles off......

It was me.... Bad explanation...

You guys are pretty sensitive just now. A million posters pulling up a little line that was badly put by me. My head is jumbled, do not take Propananol! It makes you worse, well me anyway!

Comment

having read the thread now - I understood what you meant, I think there has been a little too much leaping on the poster.

Maybe I understod because my head is jumbled too!
            And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

That's not how I read it either - best to commit no crime at all (let alone think about it) but then there are times we all type out something that doesn't reflect exactly what we are trying to say....

I've known guys say that when they get out they will shoot their lying accuser then "at least I'll be in prison for something I've done". That might be said off the cuff but could be construed as a serious threat.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post

You guys are pretty sensitive just now.
                On a site which deals with painful subjects and people being affected by trauma, it really shouldn't surprise you that members are sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  There are times we all type out something that doesn't reflect exactly what we are trying to say...
                  I know one of them,I look at him everyday in the mirror
                  Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Every day?? How vain!!

Comment

I should have written :I "cross" him everyday.

Not even "meet" because the length of time would be too long.
                      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

I'm gonna stick my spade back in the shed... The hole I've dug is deep enough already...

Comment

Let's return to topic...

Comment

Two penneth...

Yeah - a lot of bickering these days!

I think it's scaring off the punters.
                            Police and subsequently the CPS "take every piece of evidence and try to extract the most negative connotations for their presentations in court". It's their job to help Judges fill those jails.

Comment

Just back from solicitors , but he still didnt have the transcript from the police, he said he wasnt worried about the case so i shouldnt be worried. I think i would be more confident if he had the transcript though. He did say that the guy who had accused me said i hit him and held a knife to his throat, which i was shocked at but after leaving i think he must have got it the wrong way round, because thats what had happened to me. He is hoping the PF will drop the case but if they procede to trial he is sure i will be found NG , will keep you all informed

Comment

I wish you all the best Mike and thanks for the info.
                                Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Working...
                                X