accused of sexual assault by touching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accused of sexual assault by touching

Im 16 years of age live in uk, and ive been accused of sexual assault by touching(shes made it completely up) the police have took my statement and hers its just my word against hers whats worst case that can happen im very worried, the girl is also 16 but a few months older.

Welcome to the forum and sorry that you've had to find us. Have you been arrested and questioned?
    You need to find a solicitor. What's the worst that could happen? It really depends on the level of touching you are accused of.
    We don't want any intimate details of course but if it was genital touching then that would be deemed as more serious than say a touch over the clothing elsewhere.

Why do you think she has raised this allegation against you? Has there been a fallout?
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

It was on clothing the breast and lower area, and yes ive been arrested and in on bell at this moment also it was raised against.

Comment

That's very similar to the allegation raised against me.
        Can you think of what her motive might be?

Comment

shes just broke up with her boyfriend so she could be just seeking attention and what happened to you may i ask?

Comment

It was a historic allegation of touching over clothing...motive was revenge as she had been staying with us and we then asked her to leave.
            My case was eventually NFA'd (NFA=No Further Action)

Comment

Hi Mac, so sorry that this has happened to you.
              Have you told your loved ones? You must get a solicitor to weave your way through this horrible time and the legal steps that will occur.
              If you haven't told your loved ones you really must as they will be an important support to you and also will help with the solicitor.
              Keep coming here and we will support you with advice and be a good place to let off steam.
              Who did the girl tell about this "touching", was it her parents or ex-boyfriend. Is she known for lying?How did you get to know her? How did she de3scribe the situation?
              With regards to legal advice, post the county where you live and someone might know of an experienced solicitor.
              Best wishes
              Jen
              False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

oh right what do you think will happen to me and how long did it take for it to become a NFA?

Comment

Unfortunately no one here is able to answer that first question as we don't really know your case and these things can go either way.
                  Basically, the police will gather evidence and then present it to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) who will weigh up whether or not it is likely to result in a conviction. If it is, they will charge you and you will then be given time with your legal team to build a defense. If not, they will take No Further Action.

In my case, it took 7 months, but these things vary dramatically as you will see when you read other stories here.

Jen's advice is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by largactyl1 View Post
                    Hi Mac, so sorry that this has happened to you.
                    Have you told your loved ones? You must get a solicitor to weave your way through this horrible time and the legal steps that will occur.
                    If you haven't told your loved ones you really must as they will be an important support to you and also will help with the solicitor.
                    Keep coming here and we will support you with advice and be a good place to let off steam.
                    Who did the girl tell about this "touching", was it her parents or ex-boyfriend. Is she known for lying?How did you get to know her? How did she de3scribe the situation?
                    With regards to legal advice, post the county where you live and someone might know of an experienced solicitor.
                    Best wishes
                    Jen
                    Who did the girl tell about this "touching"? I do not no.
                    Is she known for lying? not sure
                    How did you get to know her? i know her trough school.
                    How did she de3scribe the situation?- she said that i done it with
                    no consent like i was coming on
                    to her.
                    where you live? near bristol- UK

what could happen to me its just my word against hers whats the worst thing could i go prison, also my loved ones do no they are shell
                    shocked.

Comment

OK Mac - I'm sure that someone will be able to advise on a good solicitor around the Bristol area.
                      I'm not surprised your folks are shell-shocked. Was this alleged "assault" supposed to have happened during school time? If you are still at school, is there a good teacher to talk to about this - I'm not sure what others here might think but maybe if it was supposed to have happened during school time, your school might be able to help you - eg yr Tutor or yr Head of Year?
                      Were there any witnesses about who can back up your story around the time when she accused you of touching her?
                      You need to think about that day and write a timeline of events - plus any reasons she may have for lying. Some people lie because they want the compensation, for attention (what made you think that it could be for attention from ex-boyfriend), to get out of a sticky situation (eg had been unfaithful but didn't want to admit it).
                      Good wishes
                      Jen
                      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Ok if your parents want to talk to someone who has been through this please ask them if they would like me to get in touch. Happened to some I know very well. Similar age, similar situation. You need a good solicitor and very soon. Don't fret about potential bad outcomes - concentrate on ensuring nothing bad happens!

Comment

Who did you have with you when you were questioned, OP?

Comment

Originally posted by felix View Post
                            Ok if your parents want to talk to someone who has been through this please ask them if they would like me to get in touch. Happened to some I know very well. Similar age, similar situation. You need a good solicitor and very soon. Don't fret about potential bad outcomes - concentrate on ensuring nothing bad happens!
                            Yes, Brill Advice!

Comment

Hi mac2012,
                              Try not to worry to much I know your feeling very scared it is not good what happened to you BUT it could be a lot worse like the other smart people on here said get a lawyer,you told your parents since your 16 they should help decide what's best for you yes i agree with the others seek legal advice,don't speak to the girl or the police or to her friends as they probably might trick you,also I know it feel's bad right now but when you turn 20 this will only be a stupid memory and your life is just begining like 17-25 the best years to be alive be strong be safe good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X