Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do past allegations by the same person prejudice you even though they were investigated and unproven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do past allegations by the same person prejudice you even though they were investigated and unproven?

I been accused of several things in the past by the complainant all investigated but no proof to proceed will these fruitless investigation prejudice my trial or will they be seen as testimony to the complainant telling lies about me.Surely if investigated and NFA you are presumed innocent and the person making the complaints are untrustworthy

thanks

It's difficult to answer this as we don't know the specifics. This is something that you should ask your solicitor.

However, I'll remind you of this: an NFA is not considered a declaration of innocence. An NFA is No Further Action taken, more often than not due to insufficient evidence. Read the documentation of your NFAs...on many, is explicitly says that this can be re-opened if new evidence comes to light.
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Any admittance of this sort of evidence would come under 'bad character' against you. For it to be admissible it would have to be basically exactly the same sort of allegations, same age of complainant - as this could indicate 'propensity'.

If such 'bad character' was wrongly admitted at trial this might be helpful at appeal stage, depending on the circumstances of the case. There is no hard and fast rule.

If these were proved to be false allegations (not merely NFA'd) they might be raised as bad character against the complainant.

Not knowing the whole case (please do not type it here as this is a public forum) then nobody here can advice you accurately in terms of your own case.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
      X