What to expect tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect tomorrow

First time posting but been reading everyday and this site has been a great help. Don't want to post too much detail but husband has been on remand since sept 11, he is falsely accused of rape 24years ago, he was sleeping with this person at the time. Tomorrow he is in court for abuse of process, mention hearing and a custudy time limit. I wondered if anyone can tell me what will or could happen, many people have came forward and said they knew the 2 of them were sleeping together. Thanks for any help and can I just say again this site has been a great help.

Hi, and welcome. I just wanted to welcome you to the site. There will be people along who might know the answers to your questions. Unfortunately I don't know.
    Regards
    Jen
    False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

I don't know the answer to your question either but just wanted to say hi and I hope it goes good for you tomorrow
      Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to answer your question.

Izzy

Comment

Sorry but I can't help either but also wanted to welcome you and wish you luck xx
        I live in hope it's over forever

Comment

Originally posted by In the dark View Post
          Tomorrow he is in court for abuse of process, mention hearing and a custudy time limit. I wondered if anyone can tell me what will or could happen,
          Hi, I'll have a guess at this though ideally you should ask his solicitor.

It sounds like his legal team are trying to get the case dropped: abuse of process usually highlights irregularities in the CPS investigation; mention deals with procedures during the trial;custody time limit is the 24/36 hours for the defendant to be held by the police during the initial arrest and investigation.

I suspect the legal arguments will relate to the extraordinary period of time between the time of the alleged offence and bringing it to trial.

I believe just the defendant, barristers, judge and court officials will be there; no jury or onlookers in the public gallery will be permitted.
          Last edited by Casehardened; 28 March 2012, 05:46 AM.
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks much as I thought, I'm a defence witness so can't go in to court, this as been a mess from the start.

Comment

hope all goes well in court, cant give you any advice as i dont know what it is,but thinking of you

Comment

Hope it went ok In the dark.

Thinking of you x

Comment

Case was thrown out, a very long day was had. This site has been a god send.

Comment

thats fantastic news, tell us more

Comment

What good news for you and your husband

As NoHope says, if you can post up as what the particular legal argument that got the case thrown out was, this would be helpful to others (obviously only in general terms; nothing specific that would identify him)
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Wonderful news!
                        As others have said, if you can give us some details it could be very helpful for other members.
                        I hope you have now got your hubby home with you.

Comment

that is great news!

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

great great news whenever someone posts good news others like myself get more positive about our case congratulations and both of you enjoy the time together

Comment

Still in shock, there was different factors that came into it, the person in question didn't want the defence to see her medical records and the description she gave was completely different. What I will say to anyone don't leave any stone unturned however small it seems, and don't give anything to the police. There is a lot more to this which I will post about at a later date. My husband was sleeping with this person all them years ago and his DNA was found, what happened after that we'll never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X