Faascotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faascotland

We are at the moment working on a case about a 16 yr old boy who has been accused of raping 3 young girls, a lot of things do not add up 1. He was interviewed by the police and they kept him in a cell for 10 hours with out access to a lawyer which is 4 hours over the limit. 2. He was not taped during the interview. 3. His lawyer at the time of the first trial told him to plead guilty, which he was not prepared to do as he did not do it. And 2 of the 3 accusers did not turn up at court. 4. The sheriff was not prepared to try the case at that time due to a doctors appointment leaving the lad without a lawyer again and to face up to another trial. 5. The second trial the sheriff decided that despite the 9 very serious so called offences he would try it as a summary case. 6. One of the girl?s mothers was ordered out of court for coaching the girl in her answers to the sheriff. 7.The lad had witness's to the fact that one of the girls was a serial accuser and had been found to tell lies before but he was not allowed to use them in the court. 8. The sheriff found the lad guilty and gave him probation and put him on the sex offenders list.
    9. Now he is told that he cannot appeal due to the type of court he was tried in.10. He is dyslexic so he should have had some help in the beginning
    As you can imagine his life is a mess and he is not finding it easy to cope. It is our hope that we will find some one who can help him and would ask you for any advice you can give, his parents have spent a lot of money trying to get heard so have not got the funds for a top lawyer, we too have asked the Justice minister to look into the case but not for the first time she ignores our request, where do we go from here.
    For more info on this story go to faascotland We also have a case were someone was accused but not taken to court, but is still being hounded by the social services and denied proper access to his children. This is the same social services that let a real bad guy get away resulting in a murder. Has I have said we are challenging the justice minister for Scotland and would welcome any one who feels as we do that she must listen to us, to email her and ask her why she is doing nothing to make Scotland a just place. her email address is on our web site.

I must confess to having scant knowledge of the Scottish criminal justice system but on any view this is appalling whatever justice system you care to apply.

I know a guy in Glasgow who is an ardent campaigner for justice reform in Scotland and Men's Rights in particular. He also has the ear of a lot of people.

I know his case load is pretty heavy, I have emailed your post to him to seek his provisional views first of all. He may not be able to help but if there is a way forward this guy will know the route. I will get back to you.

Comment

Thank you Ashley really appreciate your help. If any one wants to contact me personaly my email is admin@faascotland.co.uk.

Comment

Working...
      X