Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-bailed and told that accuser will be video interviewed. What does that mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-bailed and told that accuser will be video interviewed. What does that mean?

could anyone please help me why is she being interviewed on video now thanks

will it help it if the statment is changed than when first statment please tell me

Comment

Sam for anybody to be in a position to help you we need to know a little more.

It is a good idea not to post up any identifying information (and no gory details) but if you can give us an idea of what you have been accused of and why you say it is a false allegation, we might be able to help.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

When I was interviewed I was told that the alleged victim had been videoed. It is an option which is given instead of a statement.

It may be because there is doubt that the alleged victim could testify in court.

Comment

i am getting worried even more, my bp is low, cant eat cant sleep life a total messssss

Comment

sam, it is better you post on here than try to email me. I am stuck in the middle of an appeal that is being heard next month and working on a response to the Crown plus I have three others ongoing and a trial coming up.

You will get more response from the members if you share instead of just posting up comments. Give it a go. You'll be surprised at the support you will get

Comment

Indeed Sam, what RF says is right. Here you will find a very supportive community who know what you are feeling and have the experience and good natures to offer you reassurance, advice and emotional support.

Give us the basics...what's your situation (very briefly) and how are you feeling. What are your main worries.

We'll take it from there...
              "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

I can only say my alleged "victim" was videotaped and a transcript of the video was supplied in place of a statement.

I don't think it makes any difference whether it's a video or a statement.

Comment

my case is very different if i posted anything accuser will read it, i think she is reading i, i got some weak points and got some strong i am still in a confusion what will happen got news few days back about the rebail and i dont have enough strength to discuss it all or some of it here i am just stuckkk and no where to go life is at a fullstop if any senior member could advise me in private that might give me some hope i really need some support

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
                    I can only say my alleged "victim" was videotaped and a transcript of the video was supplied in place of a statement.

I don't think it makes any difference whether it's a video or a statement.

Often depends on the age and state of the accuser when making their complaint. If it's a young child or somebody who is under the influence of 'something' or somebody considered to be 'vulnerable' then it will be an interview.

Reviewing trial paperwork for appeal that is how it seems to be.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                      could anyone please help me why is she being interviewed on video now thanks
                      So back to your original question, the answer as to why she is being interviewed on video simply boils down to because that's how it is. Nothing to read into it.

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                        my case is very different if i posted anything accuser will read it, i think she is reading i, i got some weak points and got some strong i am still in a confusion what will happen got news few days back about the rebail and i dont have enough strength to discuss it all or some of it here i am just stuckkk and no where to go life is at a fullstop if any senior member could advise me in private that might give me some hope i really need some support

Sam, this is a self-help support group and everybody helps each other on here. Everybody's case is very different. You do not have to post up any names or precise details of the allegations.

Why do you think that your accuser is reading this?

Comment

Personally.

A video interview would be more useful to you than against you.

It prevents cops for taking things out of context, missing out parts they think don't really matter (couple of words here and there) and also shows the interviewees facial expressions when answering certain questions.

I would favour a video interview.

It could also simply be that the cops have already taken one statement and really can't be bothered writing out another...

Or maybe they're setting the accuser up for a fall and need to gather as much evidence as possible.

I would find it rather odd that your accuser would be reading stuff on here. Keep your info vague if it concerns you. Some people come on and give out all the details (possibly me) whereas others give out little snippets at a time. I couldn't identify one person from another and even if I was a material witness to something that then appeared on here I would most likely be none the wiser unless there was something blindingly 'different' about the case. Miss out anything 'unique' and post up your GENERAL issues. It's easy and will lift a weight from your chest, might even get your blood pressure up!

If it's a fresh allegation then please realise that your current thoughts and feelings will pass. The tension will subside. The more informed you become the less worried and stressed you will feel.

The state has an immense and overpowering grip over you at the moment. You are most likely in unchartered waters without a map or any direction, we are all here to provide you with the necessary information to guide you through the storm and onward with your journey through life. We can only really do that if you give us an idea of what's happened to you.
                          Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Excellent reply Lawlessone, thank you.
                            Sam I can't add anything in terms of practical advice until we know a few more details, but I wanted to say welcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X