Back to reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to reality

just had a lovely two weeks holiday, but back to reality tomorrow as we are having the first meeting with the barrister, i have no idea what to expect.
    has anyone got any advice on what we should be asking etc.

Glad you enjoyed the holiday; did you get to go abroad?

I guess the barrister will lead the discussion, after all this is what they do, but I can understand you wanting to have some input. Why not ask him about the usefulness of character witnesses; who to ask and how many?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

thanks
      and yes we went to goa was fantastic.
      i want him to explain why the hell its going to court looking at her statement as there is nothing on it and yes i have wrote some questions down and that was one of them

Comment

Personally.

I would sit and listen.

Let them talk and talk. Suss them out.

Don't show any aces, sit as if you know very little and let them lead.

Once you are accepting of them and feel they are able to represent your interests begin to ask a few questions and clarify any doubts.

The main thing is to have confidence in them and you will not be able to tell this if you get their back up and put them on the defensive. Let them lead, follow and then break rank and question.

If you have doubts then drop them.
        Wow... A signature option!

Comment

thanks for that, i will take your advice and sit and listen first then take it from there.
          but im not known for keeping my mouth shut ha so will be hard.

Comment

How'd you get on?
            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

thanks for asking, it went really well you see its my hubby so i could not go into meeting as i may be a potential witness but he came out and told me not to worry he ws in very good hands and when i asked hubby what he had been saying he did say he said he is more than confident my hubby will be ok and hubby said yes but its 12 people i have to convince he said thats my job and you will be fine.
              but hubby came out and said he feels more than confident with this man having his life in his hands so thats good. he said he will meet him again in another few weeks.

Comment

It's great to see such a positive post.

To be realistic your emotions are still likely be on a roller coaster until this is finally over but promise yourself that if you do feel down at all you will look back and re-read what you have written here.
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Sounds like it went well NH, it's good your husband feels more confident after meeting with the barrister.

Glad you had a nice holiday

Comment

it sounds as if it was a good meeting, it does help if you trust the person who is representing you.
                    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I am please as well that he feels more confident.
                      I remember seeing my barrister in London and I felt absolutely drained after.
                      Questions after questions after questions,why this,why that,why...???
                      Hammered.
                      But in Court I was a child listening to his story,to my story.
                      If my english,my elocution ,my rethoric were perfect I couldn't have done better.
                      Your husband must listen to him,"obey him" as he is here to represent and save him.
                      Non,je ne regrette rien.

Comment

thanks for all your replies, i just hope he is as good as he is saying he is he has told my hubby he is very very confident and my hubby has nothing to worry about at all, but to me i am looking on the drk side and anything better than that is a bonus i just dont want my hubby to feel this is won before its began, but am i wrong in thinking that. im sure plenty of barristers are more than confident then loose but i dont know.

Comment

Have you checked him out by searching Google? Most good barristers will have a list of 'notable cases' - that they have won.
                          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

yes its philip andrews and he has things on the website

Comment

but saying that the only time i will feel confident is when we get the justice we deserve. but then you dont truly get it as they can go on and falsely accuse and ruin someone elses life.
                              the jsutice system on these cases are so wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X