Totally at a Loss at what is Happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally at a Loss at what is Happening

I have been reading a few posts where witness statements have been read etc. We have not even seen the statement of my partners accuser. Is this normal? how does it work? Once an arrest and charge has been made what is the role of the police? Like I said before our solicitor is useless but we are making serious headway in finding another with the help and advice of a lord from the House of Lords no less!

I'm not sure how anyone else felt when they found themselves in this situation but I either feel supremely confident and fighting fit or I feel terribly desperate as I have no faith in the judicial system at all. I also, if I am honest, find it wearing because it seems that everything we do, or every conversation we have diverts straight back to this horror. I cant bear the thought of it being like this for twelve months, it's like the world has stopped turning or something. :-(

Hi Tiftaf

The emotional swings are completely normal, don't worry about them! Tears one minute, laughter the next. It's somewhat like grieving.

It can take some time for the CPS to "disclose" statements and suchlike. Hang in there. Talk to your sol, they should be chasing the info. If you don't have it by first court appearance the CPS will be reprimanded. Cold comfort, I know.

For what it's worth, Me and Mr Saffron were exactly the same as you...veering wildly between heavenly optimism and soul-crushing pessimism. Good days and terrible days.

I'm glad you found us and sorry you had to.

Comment

Hi

Everything you are experiencing emotionally I have too.

We haven't seen the accusers statements either, CPS are still making a decision.

We were told if my son is charged, then we get a solicitor, then we get to see their statements so we can prepare a defence statement.

We know snippets of whats been said by what the OIC has been asking us. Without the full statement we can pick out at least 4 lies, 3 of which we can physically prove, I guess the rest will be a case of words against each other

But in a nutshell, you're not abnormal in what you're feeling, totally normal in fact

best wishes xx
      I live in hope it's over forever

Comment

yes tifftaff; the day of the charge and the few days --say two weeks after would be the hardest part. Definitely normal to feel panicky but once you got a solicitor on board; things will start rolling and you would definitely feel more positive once you have seen the statements as you would know what has been said by the other side. Most people find inconsistencies in statements and therefore would count in your favor or at the least your partner would know where the weakness of the statements and give his side. Although I have to warn you prepare yourself to listen/read evil lies.

Try to maintain a normal routine as much as you can; and when the solicitor said the paperwork is in; come there with alert mind :-)

Comment

Working...
        X