Accused of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accused of rape

im not sure if this will even help but a year ago i was accused along with my brothers of rape by my niece shes now 21 and shes accused all 3 of us of raping her around 2003
    im not sure what to think or do i was released on bail as my brothers and september this year the bail conditions was cancelled and i assumed my hell was over and just as i though my life was about to get back on track i was told my brother is currently in prison and we are going to court i now have to visit the police station in the next few days to be re arrested and back on bail till the hearing.
    im not sure what to do or think i have so many emotions and i be honest if it wasnt for my daughter i would of committed suicide by now but thats all i can think about doing,
    i want to know why someone can so easily destroy my life and that of my brothers and my friends have been great but they have no idea what is going through my head right now.
    my dad and my sisters have taken sides all ready just feel so isolated and wonder whats the point and feel so bloody angry i just wish all this would go away and i know that because she was a teenager at the time and were going to be classed a paedophiles life will never be the same guilty or not all i want is to know why
    sorry for going on and making no sense all i know is i feel so numb

Hi there, so sorry that you have had to find us here and the trauma you are going through right now. This is an excellent forum for answers, advice and a place to let off steam about your situation.

What do you think is the motive behind these accusations? What do you feel she is trying achieve for herself? Have you any idea when any attack was supposed to have taken place and can you remember anything from around that time which will help you build a time-line of your life around that time? Have you any communications - eg by e-mail, facebook, texts etc which might help your case? If so give a copy to someone trusted.

Other, more experienced people will be along tomorrow I expect.

Regards
    Jen
    False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

PS you say yr brother is in prison - is this for the alleged assault?
      False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

my brother was in scotland until recently all i know is from what my custody solicitor has told me that maybe he wasnt being very helpful

Comment

and yeah its all to do with the alleged assault

Comment

Originally posted by zzad1972 View Post
            my brother was in scotland until recently all i know is from what my custody solicitor has told me that maybe he wasnt being very helpful
            Hi,

Is this the duty solicitor from your initial arrest a year ago? You wrote:

" i now have to visit the police station in the next few days to be re arrested and back on bail till the hearing."

Was this the previous duty solicitor who told you this or did the police contact you to ask you to call in?

In any case if you weren't really confident in the duty solicitor it would be worth contacting a solicitor who specializes in sexual offences. I don't want to pry and it is best for you not to post up any details but the crux of the matter is whether there was any sexual activity with your niece and she has ramped this up into a full blown rape allegation or whether the allegation is completely false (i.e. nothing at all ever happened)

Is seems significant that the police have just re-opened the case (when your bail was cancelled did you receive a letter to say no further action would be taken?, or was it indeed just the conditions that were removed and you were still on bail? "and september this year the bail conditions was cancelled" ) and your brother is on remand for the offence.

Sorry about all the questions, but in your position I would look for a suitable solicitor and discuss it all with them before going back to the police station (it may even be the case that you will be interviewed again and so will need a solicitor with you)

If you post up the county in which you live you may get some recommendations from other members for good solicitors that they know of or have used.
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

the solicitor is the same throughout

as for receiving any letter from the police saying the case was dropped i never did, my solicitor informed me saying the bail restrictions was cancelled but again nothing in writing so i can only assume the case is as it is from the start

im attending the police station tomorrow along with my solicitor

my niece is claiming sexual activity by all 3 of us at different times through out the year of 2003

Comment

as for receiving any letter from the police saying the case was dropped i never did, my solicitor informed me saying the bail restrictions was cancelled but again nothing in writing so i can only assume the case is as it is from the start
                Perhaps the CPS have just taken all this while to come to a decision as what to do.....

Very best wishes for tomorrow.
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

the solicitor is the same throughout

im attending the police station tomorrow along with my solicitor

my niece is claiming sexual activity by all 3 of us at different times through out the year of 2003

This sounds like she is totting up her "compensation". The more alleged assailants the more money she will receive regardless of whether the accused persons are convicted or not.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                  X