My brother's mentally ill partner has accused him of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Helpseeker

Well, the fact that she's done a bunk speaks volumes!
    I don't want to scare you, but sometimes these cases can proceed to trial without any further input from the "victim". The initial statement (usually videod) is used as evidence. However, for this to be the case, she would have to have been pretty convincing in her interview.
    Hang in there. Hopefully common sense will prevail, and it will be dropped.

Comment

is that true one video link
      in our case our accuser had 2 video links 3 months apart to see if they matched up
      and she gave evidence at the trial ...

Comment

still no sign of her

shes still not turned up & has now deactivated facebook nobody knows where she is now we have to carry the worry over xmas.
        thanks for the help and advice merry christmas to everyone
        hopefully the new year will bring better news

Comment

I have an idea that you cannot keep being rebailed forever. It used to be two years as I recall before they called a halt but it may well have changed. Ask a solicitor and come back and let us know!
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi there, so sorry that the nightmare is continuing but common sense would suggest that unless she is present to be cross-examined any case surely would be hopelessly weakened. It is so unjust that the real victim is left to suffer while she gets on with her sad little life as if nought has happened.

Best wishes to you
            Jen
            False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

i heard of somebody being charged with sexual assault, it lead to NFA because the accuser didnt want to be found by the police :-) hopefully yours will be like that. hang in there!

Comment

bad pennies always turn up

shes back in the area she never left shes been living in a caravan on a traveller site half a mile away from my brothers flat all the time.
                shes now in a relationship with one of my brothers (now ex) workmates & the guy in question has admitted to a mutual friend he was in a cheating relationship with her months before she made the rape allegation.
                the guy in question has been visiting my brother since his ex accused my brother of rape acting concerned & asking personal questions my brother thought was strange as he barely knows him as they only worked together for a few weeks.
                we think he was fishing for information to give to her as he was asking what the police had said about the case & what was happening.
                we reported her whereabouts to the police but they didnt seem interested they claim they knocked on her van door but got no reply & another traveller claimed not to know her.
                its maddening we know where she is but the police wont do anything as shes the alleged victim so they cant harass her but shes the only one who can stop this & she knows my brothers innocent.
                i have to drive by the traveller site most days & she laughs & makes rude gestures when i drive past shes a nasty peice of work.
                its mad that someone can make a false allegation about someone which ruins lives & can get away scot free.

Comment

Originally posted by helpseeker View Post
                  we reported her whereabouts to the police but they didnt seem interested they claim they knocked on her van door but got no reply & another traveller claimed not to know her.
                  If she's hiding from the police then I can't see her wanting to go to court to give evidence.

I guess she's regretting making the accusation but won't withdraw it for fear of being prosecuted for wasting police time.

It would be best for your brother to try to put this behind him, wait for the inevitable NFA, and then move on with his life.
                  'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

no further action decided

the police rang yesterday to say no further action decided which is a relief.
                    despite numerous efforts by the police to contact her by phone email & facebook the police & when they did answer her phone hanging up they decided not to pursue it any further.
                    the thing is now where does my brother stand legally?
                    her name is still on my brothers tenancy agreement he has tried to get it removed but has been told by the local council he cant because shes mentally unstable & shes protected by the mental health act.
                    after whats happened he never wants any contact ever again but at the moment all her mail bank statements benefit forms etc are delivered to his address so hes worried she might just come back & move her new boyfriend in.
                    a few of my brothers friends have seen her hanging around near the flat recently when hes at work but when they have approached her she has become abusive & runs away.
                    her new partner is a traveller so they have no fixed abode he also has a criminal record & a history of violence & prison.
                    because my brother has been told no further action were not sure wether hes in the clear or not has it just been postponed in case she makes more allegations as we wouldnt put it past her.
                    anyway thanks for the support from this page & if someone could clear up where my brother stands legally with the nfa & his tenancy agreement hopefully this is the end of it. shes not lived there for 7 months & took all her belongings so it doesnt seem right she could just take the flat back

Comment

I'm pleased to hear about the NFA!

Not a clue about the tenancy, but has he the option to move to somewhere else? It sounds as if it would be less hassle than staying there.

Hopeully someone will be along shortly that may know.

And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Glad to hear about the NFA
                        "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Good news about the NFA

Originally posted by helpseeker View Post
                          my brother met a girl on facebook a year ago she moved in after a while
                          If your brother lived alone in the flat before he met this girl, surely the tenancy agreement would be solely in his name?
                          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Great to hear about the NFA.
                            In theory she could make further allegations about him and Plod could re-open the case. NFA means just that - No Further Action....at this time.
                            However I would hazard a guess that if she did decide to make further allegations against your brother Plod would be fairly skeptical about them. In this case her accusations were pretty outlandish, weren't they? Plus she went AWOL for a long time and didn't return calls or even pick up her phone.
                            Plod would have to take any future accusations by her seriously, but I reckon there would always be a seed of doubt in their minds. She has persecuted your bro.

Comment

Working...
                            X