Still no news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no news

As you know my husband was found guilty on fri, i still have heard nothing and now again there is no vo for me i'm so worried i've wrote to him but he'll only get that today.

Hi Kanday
    our thoughts are with you, i would guess that he is in shock and is not sure whats going on, People bounce back and i am sure that he will be in touch once he gets your letter. When my son was arrested and remanded it was 10 days before we heard from him, they would not let him write as he had no money in his account, i sent a postal order and then he was ok. Good Luck

Comment

Phone the prison up, they're normally helpful.
      And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks he had about £40 on him but he smokes so not sure how long that would last? I have been ringing prison lots since Fri, they have tried putting my mind and rest saying if anything had happened someone would have contacted me, but he is supposed to get that settling in phone call is it? my number is only number he knows so thought he would have rang by now, i rang again this morn and the lady said it can take a week for vo to reach me but she put me through to the chaplin, he wasn't there and had a number on his message to try but i couldn't find a pen so just left a message and hope he get's back to me.

Comment

I'm sure he will get back to you.

The £40 will last him a while and he'll be able to order things through the canteen every week.
          And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Hi Kanday
            You should be allowed a "settlement visit". You do not need a Visiting Order to do this. Ring the prison and ask how to go about arranging a Settlement Visit. You can take him some clothes and money, toiletries etc (any bought items must be brand new and unopened). I don't think you can take him any tobacco. But do check because the rules are different for each of Her Maj's Hotels.
            The £40 should last him a good long time as he will only be allowed to spend a few quid a week (it was £12.50 when R was banged up, but it could have changed since then). All the stories you hear about inmates having Playstations etc are a load of b0ll0cks, quite frankly. Yes, some of them do, but they will have had to "save up" from their weekly alowance for many many months in order to get them. Yes, most inmates do have a telly in the cell, but they have to pay something like £1.50 a week for the privilege, which, when you think that their total income is around £12-15 is quite a substantial amount.
            I'm sorry you are in this horrible position. Have a read of the "what to expect when visiting a prison" sticky at the top of this thread.
            Thinking of you.

Comment

K has been advised about reception / induction /settlement visits but it seems that the prison he is in does not do them.

We've had a bit of a chat just now and hopefully things will get sorted soon.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

OK, thanks RF x

Comment

Thank you, the chapalin got back to me, hubby hasn't received my letter yet and said he is still waiting for his numbers to be cleared so he can ring (i'm still confused as to if they're allowed a settling in call) anyway he said he was with a group of lads and i said a decent group? he said well i woudn't say decent but then i thought there isn't going to be many decent in there and like the chaplain said at least he wasn't in his cell on his own. I said so he's settling in ok, i know he isn't going to be top of the world or antything and he said he's not bad to say he's in a place like that so suppose that's something.

Comment

hi kanday
                    are you sure they allow a settling in call, they never in my sons prison. i had to wait for the number to be used.as to the type of people your husband will share with. their will not be hardened criminals.but people with the same kind of offence.because he will be on a protection wing and i am sure he will meet prisoners in the same boat as him
                    some guilty, some like your husband innocent.he will be able to cope more being with people who can talk about it every time i visit my son he tells me of the good lads he is with and are disgusted with the justice system . and funny enough they have been his lifeline.

Comment

Hi Kanday
                      Glad to hear that you have at least found something out, my son told me that the only thing he learnt when he was on remand was how to steal a car.....

Comment

Hi Kanday
                        It can take days to get his numbers cleared. Hang in there.
                        Thinking of you.

Comment

Hi thank you all again, I'm learning to be more patient now it sounds like i have to from what everyone has said i just never seem to have control of my own life, good job i am fairly laid back! still no vo today but not AS worried now just need to remember it isn't a straight forward postal system with them, but hopefully he should have received my letter that i posted sat so he will no we are all still fighting for him. Just trying to keep things as normal (if there is such a thing) for my kiddies now and deal with whatever happens when it happens.

Comment

thats the type of mind set to cultivate!

Hang in there, I think it took several weeks before phones were sorted out from what I can remember.

Comment

I don't know, they have no consideration for us do they, they told me hubby will fine he will be looked after......Hmmmmm really??

Comment

Working...
                              X