False claims advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karnie View Post
    she told the police that the last time it happened was 4 months ago which i find surprising as i remember things from that far back a couple more things that i find hard to understand are that if this had happened why not say this 1st instead of him cheating on me
    why wait 5 weeks after moving out till going to the police about it
    why within 8 weeks after moving out does she have a boyfriend(as if she was abused she wouldnt so quick off the mark)

My husband is worryed she is playing games with his life(as she moved out on bad terms with us) and he is looking at 15 years in prison if the courts beleive her
    Hi there, a few things in the first part of your post are not clear - is your daughter saying that the alleged abuse continued up to the point when she left home?

I would also consider her waiting for 5 weeks not that unusual in the case of people who have been abused in some way - this is not me saying anyone is guilty of anything, just raising the point that it would not be at all unusual for her to delay telling anyone. Many people never reveal a shocking event to anyone else. This being the case it would not be useful to your husband in any attempt to express innocence to the police.

I would raise the same point with her having a new boyfriend - I would feel that this would have no bearing on your husband's case at all. It's important to remember that everyone is different and therefore behave differently in different circumstances.

It is more relevant to consider in depth as to what reasons she may have to want to make a false allegation - this would be more useful to your husband's case.

As a loved-one of an accused person, I do hope that you have people who you can talk to and get support from as it's a tough old job supporting someone through a crisis. You must be in an espescially difficult situation because it is one loved one accusing another loved one.

Regards.
    Last edited by largactyl1; 12 October 2011, 09:08 PM. Reason: Forgetfulness
    False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

she has told the police the last time it happened was a month before she left home

thanks to everyone who have commented

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        Bail usually goes with arrest, i.e. it's a way of remaining in police detention without physically being in a cell so that the investigating officers can be sure the accused person will (or should) return for any further action that may be required.

Not actually being arrested gives some ground for optimism as in theory there is nothing to stop your husband disappearing overseas to live in a country with no extradition treaty with the UK!
        On re-reading my post it sounds like I was implying that your husband ought to flee the country; but what I had in mind was that if the investigating officers thought that there was no doubt that he was guilty (i.e. they believed your daughter's story) they would be anxious that he didn't abscond and so would have put bail conditions on him.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          On re-reading my post it sounds like I was implying that your husband ought to flee the country; but what I had in mind was that if the investigating officers thought that there was no doubt that he was guilty (i.e. they believed your daughter's story) they would be anxious that he didn't abscond and so would have put bail conditions on him.
          we have already taken the fact of him not being put on bail and released unconditionally as a positive sign but can't help feeling this might be him being lead into a false sense of security by the officers

he has said all along that he aint going to run and will face everything like he did in interview by answering all questions put to him

i have 1 last question and that is if he was to ring the officers investigating would he be told where there at in the investigation or would this come across as him looking guilty after only about 12 week's of them 1st getting the reported accusation as this is very stressful being in the unknown about things

Comment

Hi Karnie
            There is no harm in him ringing the DC and asking where the case is in terms of progress. He should be careful to be polite, and not to push them hard for info. The likelihood is that he will not be told very much, if anything, but there is no harm in ringing and asking. If he says something like "this is destroying me, it's such a terrible crime to be accused of, I would never do this, is there any progress?" it would hardly be making him look guilty.
            This is just my opinion of course - other members might think differently.
            Last edited by Saffron; 13 October 2011, 06:07 PM. Reason: was going to amend, but changed my mind!

Comment

Update

I thought I would comeback and leave this post a update, My husband is still under investigation and he hasn't had anymore visits from the police, His solicitor had been ringing the police on a monthly basis with the only chnage being since my last post being in decemeber when his solicitor was told that it was with the cps, I only have 2 questions which are 1) is this a common situation in investigations taking into account he's never been bailed and the length this is currently going on and 2) in anyone experience is he right to take the attitude that the longer it goes on the better it looks for him

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for coming back with an update even if there is no change in the situation.

Looking back at your first post, it would seem to be around 10 months since the accusation was made to the police; I'm afraid that this time span is not unusual and some members have posted that they have waited much longer for a decision from the CPS. I know this is not what you wanted to hear but it's best not to get into a mindframe of false optimism. Was his PC seized for forensic examination? This can take some time if the case is a 'routine' one.

As I mentioned in a previous post it does seem a positive that he hasn't been bailed; at the very least this has removed the stress and uncertainty of waiting for each bail date and not knowing what will happen on the day.
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi Karnie

Sorry to hear you are still awaiting a decision. Being in the same position, I totally empathise with your feelings and thoughts. Are you certain it has gone to CPS or is that just the word of the DC? I only ask because we had been led to believe ours went to CPS for a decision 5 months ago, yet that wasn’t the case at all, it was still ‘under investigation’ with the police.

If your case has gone to CPS it is quite possible that CPS have requested additional information from the police so they are continuing to gather evidence.

It would not be unreasonable for your husband to contact the DC for an update as Saffron advised. If he feels unable to do this, you could do it on his behalf. It’s a difficult one as you don’t want to appear pushy but at the same time whilst the DC hasn’t got anyone chasing info, it’s not going to be on his list of priorities. Having just re-read your update, if it was December when your solicitor last had an update, perhaps he could make the enquiry with the DC.

Have you read some of the other posts on the forum about advice with regards monitoring facebook or compiling your own evidence/timeline etc? Sorry to repeat if you have already done this.

Keep posting for support/advice Karnie. xx

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention that he was told by another dc that there is no forensic evidence and that it is 1 persons word against the other and that he doesn't believe any wrong doing has occurred but it was routine for these investigations to goto cps, The last update he had was april 26 with the same reply that it was still at cps, But this time it was said to him that they didn't want to send a innocent man to prison which we found a bit of a boost

Comment

Bear in mind that it is the CPS' decision whether to charge, not the police's
                      "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23

Comment

Working...
                      X