Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice welcome please repeat accuser has ruined my life

Hi everyone, long story short,
    After achohol binge night, I was approached by 2 young girls, I am 40. First they want a cigarette, then hassle me for a lift. On and on for an hour, before I agreed.
    Upon arrival I'm told it is her aunty's house (big farm). The girl who appears the older one lets her friend go, leaves door open, speaks to her briefly, returns and hassles me again to go for a drive. This goes on and on. Stupidly I gave in.
    In short she lifts skirt, says she'll make it worth my while, and basically seduces me.
    She then repeatedly requested I take pics and video of her posing.....
    Later, conversation gets strange; she wants to move in with me. I made excuses and take her to gateway and drop her off.
    2 weeks later, I'm arrested on suspicion of rape and abduction and remanded into prison.
    3 months later, 2 days before they have to hand us evidence, CPS offer via my solicitor a deal; go guilty on making images, and they'll drop the rest.
    In prison, in a state, I agreed.
    Since I got out on bail I find out she has done this before, called an accuser.
    She told police she was drunk and fell asleep and woke up to find a camera pointing at her, when she can clearly be seen, posing, sober, playing for the camera, and heard and recorded to say "we could sell this."
    The fact is that I'm the 3rd or 4th person shes done this to.
    And from the onset, it is so clear from the recording, she is awake, not asleep, she is instructing me what to film, what to do.
    She lied and told me she was 18, later she confessed she was only 17.
    Now the charge is reduced to possession of indecent images, but I'm only technically guilty, so says the prosecutor.
    It doesn't seem 'fair' to me, that only my full cooperation and admission to her telling me she was 17 has me charged, but the pictures were already taken by the time she told me.

My solicitor seems to be telling me it's not worth arguing, but why should I face a conviction. She told me she was 18, her friend's statement backs my claim.
    And, should the CPS have even entertained a charge when they must have known she has done this before? They must have known her statement was rubbish. You cannot claim to have fallen asleep if, at the same time, you are posing with a smile in your bloody knickers.

Like I say, 3 months CPS waited until the last minute before offering a deal.
    I now wish to fight it but the solicitor is advising No. Is this because it will upset their plea bargain?
    I go to Crown Court in 2 weeks.
    They also listed all charges in the local paper. I can't go out, my friends are not answering their phones and I'm close to doing something stupid. It's ruined my life and with 2 boys at school, the shame is overwhelming.
    Any advice please.
    Last edited by LS; 15 July 2011, 01:11 PM. Reason: Capitals are SHOUTING. Rewritten for clarity, and removal of capitals.

Welcome VoF.

Never ever plead guilty to something you are innocent of, but having said that child abduction carries a massive sentence, so I can understand why your solicitor would advise you to take the plea bargain. It's about 6months' sentence, versus possibly life, certainly double figures.

However, the CPS wouldn't make a plea bargain like that if they really had a strong case against you for abduction. Only you have all the facts, but I would fight this. Two weeks to trial is time enough to scream at your barrister to make a case about the accuser's previous accusations.

Others will no doubt be along in due course to offer advice.

PS. Please avoid putting sentences in CAPITALS. On forums it's the equivalent of shouting. If you must emphasise certain words, please use either the Italic or Bold box in the Compose window. Ta.

Comment

I think that this might well be a case where you can apply to the judge to vacate the guilty plea using the argument that you felt pressured into doing it for a number of reasons (list them) and also that this person has played the same trick on others plus of course the fact of the video/photographs show her to be an active willing participant.

If you are not allowed to vacate the guilty plea then there may be room for manoeuvre at appeal stage (very unusual but your case might have merit).
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thankyou

But as the days are going by, im loosing complete faith. I dont want to go out, the friends ignoring me is becoming to much, I am breaking down now anything from 4 to 10 times between waking up and when, if i fall asleep. I really have never felt so trapped, useless for my sons, and cant help thinking the only option I have is to leave town, or worse. I cant see a recovery from where i am right now, I just cant belive how my life has in affect, ended already.

Comment

Stay strong buddy. It does seem like the end of the world but you do get through it. Read other people's stories on here and you will see they normally turn out ok in the end. Your at the worst point now in many ways.
          It gets better. There are some sick women out there!

Comment

Thanks again

I am trying, but Im finding it difficult to even leave the house, and this is seriously not helping me at all. I really am finding it so hard to go on, I simply dont know how im going to get through it. Friends still not even bothering to listen to my side of the story, and i cant explain how painfull that makes me feel.
            Im going to see a doctor tomorow, see if that helps, Im just becoming so week, ive never felt so low in all my life.

Comment

If they are not listening to you - then they aren't friends.

If they can't be there for you when you need them then cut your losses, they certainly aren't worth worrying about.

Keep posting here, there's usually someone about who will 'listen' to you.

Be strong and hold your head high.

Its a good move going to the docs, I'm sure you'll get help there too.
              And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

The thought did cross my mind, but then so did the thought that if people are going to belive what papers say, even though thet did print the following week that there was only one charge and the others were dropped, it looks like the idea sticks in there head, and I find if thats what they think, then it just goes to show I dont have any real friends, and at 41 thats a sad situation to be in.

Comment

and yesterdays news is todays chip paper.

If they have hung you out to dry with being part of the 'no smoke without fire' brigade then you really are better off without them. Try to stop worrying about what other people think - for all you know it may be striking rather too close for them and they are protecting themselves.

Being on your own isn't all that bad!
                  And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

I would have emailed voa but there is no facility for me to do so. I will email RFH a message for you.

Comment

if he uses the 'CONTACT US OR GET HELP WITH THE SITE of the forum I may be able to send him a message if he contacts me there.

Its the security measures kicking in again.

Comment

I thought that mods had access to email addresses?

Comment

Hi Victimofaccuser

I can send Rights Fighter your email address if you would like me to. I can't PM you to check, and I can't send your contact details to anyone without your permission, so please let me know!

RF, we do have access to email addresses but can't pass them on without the permission of the individual. If VOA posts here to say he is happy for me to forward his details I will do so immediately.

Saffron
                          Last edited by Saffron; 18 July 2011, 10:43 AM. Reason: adding

Comment

yes ok

If thats possible, yes please go ahead
                            Thankyou

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                            Hi Victimofaccuser

I can send Rights Fighter your email address if you would like me to. I can't PM you to check, and I can't send your contact details to anyone without your permission, so please let me know!

RF, we do have access to email addresses but can't pass them on without the permission of the individual. If VOA posts here to say he is happy for me to forward his details I will do so immediately.

Saffron

Comment

Hi VOA

I have emailed your addy to RF as you requested. She is very busy, so it might take her a while to contact you, but hang in there!
                              Incidentally, I'm with RFLH on the subject of your so-called "friends". If they won't even listen to your side of events, then they are not your friends. We (hubby and I) lost many alleged friends when he was FA'd. However some others, who previously were acquaintances became firm friends.

Stay strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X