It's good news week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's good news week!

2nd day of bro's 2 day trial today & it's been thrown out of court.
    The prosecutor appologised to my bro as did the judge too.
    Not really good enough though is it.
    Apparently it should never have got this far, she has accused numerous other lads at school, & is in trouble with the school for that at the moment. As well as accusing her own family memebr at the end of last yr.
    Seems she is an attention seeker.
    Bros solicitor questioned her in the dock yesterday, & her little bro. Basically said he thought they had been coached what to say, by the man that beat my brother up. Which they denied.
    The man that beat bro up that night was due to give evidence against him today, but it didn't get that far.
    The next job is the court case against the man that beat bro up. They were waiting to get this one out the way first.
    Apparently bro can claim travelling expenses to the court back. Whoopie do.
    The district judge said a lot of money has been wasted on this.
    Bro said he is worried to ever date anyone or be alone with women, joked that he may become a Cliff Richard! But seriously has scared him now.
    Even his solicitor said he wont ever give a drunk woman a lift as his own mate got accused by a drunk woman of touching her when he gave her a lift home once.
    False accusations seem to be at an epic level.

That is good news Bigsister - what a pity the CPS/police don't seem to do their job properly.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Brilliant news. Time to start moving forward with your lives, of course that won't be easy for your brother but things will get better with time (I know it is a cliche but it is true).
      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

I'm so pleased for your brother

And much respect tp you for your support for him and the help you have offered to others on this forum
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Excellent news Bigsister, I'm so pleased for you!
          I dont want to put a downer on things, but please don't expect things to get "back to normal" immediately. Feelings of injustice, anger and downright frustration are very common.
          I would also like to echo what CH said - you have been brilliant, both in the way you have supported your bro, and the advice and help you have given to other forum members.

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks folks. She had a different solicitor yesterday than last time, I guess they send whoever is available on the day? And she read up on everything & today said this is no good, too many accusations against other men, changing statements, the girl even said the guy that beat bro up hadn't seen anything when she was in the dock yesterday. Bros solicitor was so hoping this guy was going to say he had seen everything when he was due to be in the dock today, like he had said in one of his statements (the other said something different). But it didn't get that far.
            She was really nice to bro though her solicitor & said sorry you have had to go through this.
            The girls mum kicked off a bit apparently, & the thug that broke his arm went mental, her solicitor went & said to bro I think you better stay here for a bit until they have gone.
            Bro is stopping at his friends tonight. But the bloke is a nutter so it's likely he'll kick off at some point. He knows where he lives. But bros solicitor said if anything happens contact him straight away, as the next court case is the GBH one against that bloke anyway.
            Hopefully that'll be one reason he might leave bro alone. Bro said it depends how much he's had to drink one night though.
            So I dont think it's over for good yet. But I guess the worst is.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
              Excellent news Bigsister, I'm so pleased for you!
              I dont want to put a downer on things, but please don't expect things to get "back to normal" immediately. Feelings of injustice, anger and downright frustration are very common.
              I would also like to echo what CH said - you have been brilliant, both in the way you have supported your bro, and the advice and help you have given to other forum members.

Thank you.
              Awww thank you. Funny you say that because I said to him on the phone just now, you will feel really happy right now, because he does at the moment, he has been putting a brave face on the last year mum said, but I guessed that the way he would go into himself sometimes & not even answer his phone. But I said to him you may go through a phase of anger at some point.
              Nothing can be done about it though, especially with her age. Mum said to bros solicitor she feels sorry for the girl a bit as obviously things aren't right there. But that's mum all over bless her.

Comment

Congrats to your brother Bigsister!!

We need more CPS prosecutors with moral rectitude in the judicial system.

The support and belief you had in your brother was fundemental in his surviving the experience.

However the fall out from this has only just begun for all of you.

Take things day by day.

It's coming up for a year since hubby's trial and we are still feeling the psycholocical and physical health problems the protracted stress, strain and PTSD has left us with.

Take it easy,
                Hugs
                Verity xxxx

Comment

Thanks Verity.
                  Well, he didn't sleep well at all last night, only off & on, he went home from his friends in the end. But he said for some reason he's feeling emotional.
                  Mum is going over there this morning with some tablets, just to help him sleep.
                  I said to him I think it's just the hangover from the last year of stress, & he probably just needs one good nights sleep to get back into the swing.
                  I think he is also worried about the trouble he may get from the guy that beat him up before. Most sane people would steer clear seeing as the guy is due in court soon for the attack on bro, but this bloke isn't a normal person unfortunately. He punches first & doesn't think ever. Not the first time he's been in court for GBH.

Comment

Bigsister - great news and what a relief. Hopefully the Crown will prosecute her.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to PM me the liar's name in case she is involved in any of the cases I have helped with.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                      Bigsister - great news and what a relief. Hopefully the Crown will prosecute her.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to PM me the liar's name in case she is involved in any of the cases I have helped with.

Sure thing, it's not letting me PM you though? I dont think they will prosecute her, because of her age. But I hope they give her a good talking to, because I can see her accusations getting worse as she gets older if they dont nip it in the bud.

Comment

Would you give the details to RFLH for me please? I can ask her to contact you direct. She's a mod on here and a good friend of mine and can be trusted with the info.
                        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Excellent news Big Sister, hope the thug who harmed your bro goes to prison - surely if he lied in one statement he should also be done with perverting course of justice?
                          I'm sure your support was vital to your brother

Best wishes
                          Jen
                          False Accusers Beware: You have chosen to dine at the Karma Cafe. There is no menu: you will just get what you deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                            Would you give the details to RFLH for me please? I can ask her to contact you direct. She's a mod on here and a good friend of mine and can be trusted with the info.
                            Done x

Originally posted by largactyl1 View Post
                            Excellent news Big Sister, hope the thug who harmed your bro goes to prison - surely if he lied in one statement he should also be done with perverting course of justice?
                            I'm sure your support was vital to your brother

Best wishes
                            Jen
                            I know that my brothers solicitor was looking forward to getting that guy on the stand, Could have been why.
                            He was as mad as a box of frogs though when the case was halted. Very vocal. He's waited a long time to ruin my brother, he must have been gutted.

Comment

great news!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X