Somebody! Anybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody! Anybody!

my partner has been falsey accusd of rape by two old jealous friends. he has been remanded, both cases are very weak. if kept seperate, what chance does he stand? he has a young son it would be terribly unfair for him to miss his childhood because of a jealous ex and someone who would rather cry rape than just admit to a one night stand.

Sorry you're in this position. You need to find a motive for why they've done this. At the end of the day, police regard ALL allegations as true, and just collect evidence for a 51%+ chance of conviction.

What do you mean by "if kept separate"? Who?

Yes, it would be unfair to miss out on a son's childhood (I have) but no one cares about that, least of all the SS.

Be prepared for many months of waiting, as the CPS are very slow to act. Gather and copy anything which may point to a motive - messages, voicemail, emails, texts etc and give them to a solicitor if he is charged. If he is remanded, I would think he must have been charged so find out who that solicitor is.

Others will be along, but this is a support forum, not an organisation, and it is late at night, so you may get more help in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
      Sorry you're in this position. You need to find a motive for why they've done this. At the end of the day, police regard ALL allegations as true, and just collect evidence for a 51%+ chance of conviction.

What do you mean by "if kept separate"? Who?

Yes, it would be unfair to miss out on a son's childhood (I have) but no one cares about that, least of all the SS.

Be prepared for many months of waiting, as the CPS are very slow to act. Gather and copy anything which may point to a motive - messages, voicemail, emails, texts etc and give them to a solicitor if he is charged. If he is remanded, I would think he must have been charged so find out who that solicitor is.

Others will be along, but this is a support forum, not an organisation, and it is late at night, so you may get more help in the morning.
      i meant if the cases were kept seperate but thanks anywayy

Comment

Why has he been remanded, did he not have a bail address?

Comment

and the waiting begins

my other friend told me the other day that this will be a long process, but i will get through it... i hate myself for getting into a mess like this right now

Comment

Originally posted by Charley View Post
            i meant if the cases were kept seperate but thanks anywayy

It is unlikely that the two cases will be tried separately especially if there is "similar fact evidence" - which is entirely possible.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
            X