Hello Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Question

Hello, u'll prob remember me but yeah my question is obivosly we have got the "alleged Victem's" statement's but will they also have ours? thanks

DT

The CPS and police will have your statement. I don't think the complainant will have a copy of your statement because she is regarded as a "witness". You have hers because you have to construct a defence.
    What does sometimes happen is that if your statement has something in it which completely disproves the allegation (ie, an alibi for the time of the alleged attack) then the police will call the complainant in to ask her if she is "sure" that was the correct date. She can then change her statement, claiming that the "trauma" made her confused....
    Hope that helps!

Comment

Hi

Ok, thank's Safron

Comment

No, the alleged (or real) victim can't see the defendent's statement. They also can't see any of the defence witnesses' statements.
        "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

Working...
        X