First post - just NFA'ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post - just NFA'ed

I have been to hell and back for the past 5 months. Got news of my NFA four days ago. Feel numb, and very unfulfilled and strange. Nothing from the police station but my solicitor called me and told me it was NFA and has sent a letter confirming it. He has promised a letter from the police station. Apparently he will arrange for me to pick up my seized goods.

The question is - what on earth do I do now?

Particular questions:

1. Do I have to declare this investigation / NFA on any froms - job applications, visa applications etc? The accusation was violent rape involving non-consensual bondage
    2. Will it appear on my next CRB check?
    3. Am I bound to declare it - a job might be CRB cleared? Or DV cleared?
    4. Can I get my DNA and fingerprints erased?
    5. Do I have to keep quiet about this whole matter?
    6. Am I bound to keep the accusers name confidential?
    7. Can I write to 'the papers'?
    8. Can I prosecute / sue her?

My biggest problem is that I have no one really to talk to. Wife (superb support), about three close friends (who don't really 'get it') and that is everyone around me who knows about anything.

Solicitor told me to keep quiet until I got an NFA - hence I have been lurking but I have actually been too scared to read much on the site - was better 'not to know' the horrors of what might have happened......

I am sure the questions above have been answered a million times over - please tell me where to go for their treatment.

Thank you SOOOO much

Well done

Well done! happy to hear it congrats big waight lifted i bet! i'm sure sum1 will be here to help u shortly

Regards

DT

Comment

Thank you. Unimaginably huge weight. Unless someone has been thus accused and arrrested it is almost impossible to convey what a horror movie it is... I was a perfectly normal 5x year old bloke until the arrest completely without warning..... Never in any trouble - never seen the inside of a police station.....
      Last edited by felix; 18 April 2011, 08:12 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Hi

Basicly the same story with my partner only he had seen the inside of a police station lol. and he aint got NFA.
        he goin on trail

DT

Comment

DT I am really sorry. I can only imagine how terrible it must be...... I was rebailed twice and it was so disapointing when I had been promised it would be sorted by the orional bail date - each time! Whole thing lasted 5 months
          Last edited by felix; 18 April 2011, 08:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Felix,

I imagine your emotions are in a bit of a turmoil & you want retribution

Can I suggest that revenge is a dish best served cold; my thoughts are that any of your remedies will create more publicity & some mud may stick. Leave it a couple of months & then think again.

As for your other queries, your arrest is a matter of record so would need to be disclosed (some foms ask about arrest, some only require disclosure of convictions); I believe arrest & NFA only show up on enhanced CRB checks; getting rid of your DNA is only easy if you were no-crimed & your accuser was prosecuted for peverting the course of justice. Oherwise it's down to writing to the Chief Constable & MP (but see my second paragraph!)

PS If you come on here for a bit & rant about it, this may be the best remedy
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

hi

It is awfull but we just have to get through it x

Comment

What do I do to get a "NC" and a "pervsion of the course of justice"

Comment

Nfa means you could have done it but the police don't have the required evidence to get a conviction. I got no crimed but it meant complaining to the police force who in turn passed it to a det inspector who in turn referred to an auditor who five months later no crimed it. They still refused even then to remove dna and finger prints etc. And also due to beds police incompetence they had to brush it under the carpet so they did not prosecute her. Shame really if they had an officer who knew what he was doing from the off she would still be in prison now but they didn't and they had to cover it up. I have had two enhanced crb and neither have shown it up.

Comment

If the Protection of Freedom Bill goes through unamended then the DNA of unconvicted persons will be removed after 3 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ists-free.html

PS I tried to get the Daily Mail to publish an anonymous article about my experience at the hand of the CJS but they were only interested if my accuser had been prosecuted.
                    Last edited by Casehardened; 19 April 2011, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Whaqt makes the case perhaps newsworthy is that the woman concerned has a public profile. I dare not say more on a public forum, but she is of interest because she is very highly connected and that is what made her feel 'safe' in making the accustation - probably justifiably.....

Comment

Originally posted by felix View Post
                        Whaqt makes the case perhaps newsworthy is that the woman concerned has a public profile. I dare not say more on a public forum, but she is of interest because she is very highly connected and that is what made her feel 'safe' in making the accustation - probably justifiably.....
                        Much as I hate to say it this will probably make the press back off even more (if she is highly connected she will have enough money to sue them)

OTOH if she could be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice it would be headline news rather than bottom of page 3.

Comment

I think to me it seems unfair that she can make my life hell because:

she is a woman
                          she has cried rape with no basis
                          she is rich
                          she is connected
                          she is a 'minority'
                          she is part of the social elite establishment
                          she is connected to the legal establishment

It seems I can do nothing about it.

She has successfully screwed up the past 5 months, could have buggered my marriage, now makes it hard (impossible?) for me to go to the USA or Canada, and means my next ECRB is going to be a huge problem, to say nothing of a DV....

This they call justice.....

Comment

I wonder what the motive was behind that one then?
                            I dont know how you lot manage to keep your cool when it all ends, I would be fuming BIG time x

Comment

Not being favoured in the workplace because of perceived instability

Comment

Working...
                              X