Ok, Now worried! (PLEASE HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, Now worried! (PLEASE HELP)

Hello, as u are all aware we have changes Sol.... i've just been reading Wessex's post's and now i'm a tad worried more than b4.... emagine the Judge wont let us swap Sol's.... this mean's goin back to our old sol...... WOW.... he wont be to happy and i'm sure his defence will be a WHOLE lot worse than befor.... PLEASE HELP

Hi Doubletake
    I have moved this post to the falsely accused section of the forum.
    It depends what stage your case is at as to whether the judge will allow a change of legal team. I'm afraid I don't know any more than that. I am sure others will be along soon to advise you.

Comment

Hi

Hello, ok thank's Supose the good new's so far is our old sollicitor has just alloud us to change.... now it's up to the judge I REALY hope it all work's out

Comment

hi double take,
        Cant offer much apart from I have just been reading a post on here about chris saltrese winning an appeal. I believe it was the 3rd solicitor that he'd had.
        From what I've read about changing sols it appears difficult especially when legal aid is involved but as I say, I've just started trying to find out about that myself.
        letty

Comment

Hi

Ok, thank's Letty, we are useing Legal Aid =( I'm just HOPEING we can change surely they cant make him stay with the solicitor he no longer has trust in?

DT

Comment

Also

Also the case hasnt even got to a plea yet but that is due to be done soon

Comment

hi DT,
              I'll let you know if I find out anything else that may be of some help.
              Theres enough to worry about without having no faith in your solicitor.
              We had doubt from the off with ours(wish to god we had sought anothers advice). this site would have been a godsend if I'd found it early days.
              In a nutshell I spent 18mnth gathering what we thought proof that the accususations were fictitious and there was motive behind them and there was a lot.He brushed it all aside saying it wasnt evidence and he was limited as to what questions minors could be asked.Then to top it all the barrister went sick 2days before the trial and they said we had to make do with a stand in- who my partner met only an hour before his trial.He didnt even stay- he sent a letter saying he'd had to rush off on holiday.
              So, I'll let you know if I stumble across anything of use.
              take care, Letty

Comment

Hi

Hello, Ok thank's Letty, i've read u're story when u first posted it Such a shame! Our old sol hasnt told him to plead guilty but was dont defending the case as good as he could have! there wer some SOLID proof's that it didnt happen but the solicitor just said if ure pleading not guilty these proofs dont matter.... all u goto say is NO NO NO when ever ure asked question's what a load of shambles our new Sol has all ready found so many holes in the statement!

DT

Comment

If your new sols provide a really good argument as to why they should take over the case and the fact that the old sols have agreed to allow this, then I'd be surprised if the judge refused the application. She or he may faff about and pretend it's not going to happen but it may well happen.
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi RF

Hello, i dont quite understand why it's up to the judge to say it's not being alloud! surely if the old sol said it's ok and this is what my partner wants then whats the problem? it's my partners life that is at steak here

DT

Comment

The "judicial system" often does not make sense and we have to work with the way it is.

Comment

Hello RF

Hi RF, as u know i've just moved to a new solicitor ... i was wondering if it was a good solicitor so change to ... i know it;s prob to late now but do u know any good ones around my area? i'm realy not wanting to put my area on the forum though ;/ so maybe a PM would be good?

DT

Comment

I thought you had already found a new sol and they have agreed to take it on? A judge will not allow you to solicitor-hop.

Comment

Hi

Hello, yes we have already chosen a new sol but i was ust wondering if it was maybe the right 1? obviosly we wont change again but i was just hopeing that somone would say the sol we have chosen was the right 1 :/ again obviosly we aint guna try changeing again

Comment

DT,
                              Stop doubting yourself.
                              The sol has been changed early on in the process.

Use these grounds:
                              Present solicitor was not following their client's instructions in regard to important defence evidence.

Was not consulting client in regard to PCMH and had not prepared Defence Statement for their client's assessment, approval and signature.

Defendant has lost confidence in the present solicitor and feels the best defence with which to approach the court will not be adduced by the present solicitor/counsel for him to prove his innocence of this fabricated allegation.

Thus communication has broken down and the defendants best interests are not being served given the seriousness of the allegations against him and the attendant risk to his liberty a trial carries.

Run this by the new sol.

Verity
                              Last edited by Verity; 13 April 2011, 07:10 PM. Reason: It's the cat's fault!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X