Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help and advice pls , Friend worried he may end up in court , looking for advice from those with past experinces of been in the court room pls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigsister View Post
    Hope you dont mind me asking, but how relivant is it that the accuser has made an allegation about someone else then? It only came out that my bros accuser had done that, the day he attended court. It has been postponed, but not because of that.
    Should his solicitor be looking into that more then? She accused her cousin just before xmas, which is AFTER accusing my bro. The CPS wouldn't take it any futher with the cousin.
    Hi,

Tricky question, I honestly don't know, hopefully someone will be along with a definitive answer.

My instinct says that it is not so significant because it was made subsequently to accusing your brother. The prosecution could argue that this second accusation was made as a direct result of the first (seeing wolves round every corner; enjoying victim status; or any other silly reason)

I think that in your Bros case yiour solicitor will have to ask the judge for permission to admit it as evidence (this extra complication may asnwer your earlier query as to why a professional judge has been brought in rather than leaving it to the lay Magistrates)

If the girl had accusd someone else beforehand and the case was dropped this would be much more significant (and might even be why the cousin got off the hook)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Hi,

Tricky question, I honestly don't know, hopefully someone will be along with a definitive answer.

My instinct says that it is not so significant because it was made subsequently to accusing your brother. The prosecution could argue that this second accusation was made as a direct result of the first (seeing wolves round every corner; enjoying victim status; or any other silly reason)

I think that in your Bros case yiour solicitor will have to ask the judge for permission to admit it as evidence (this extra complication may asnwer your earlier query as to why a professional judge has been brought in rather than leaving it to the lay Magistrates)

If the girl had accusd someone else beforehand and the case was dropped this would be much more significant (and might even be why the cousin got off the hook)
      Cheers. Yes his solicitor asked the judge last week about it & got permission bro said? So not too sure how much relivance it could have. Just wondered if anyone knew.

Comment

Working...
      X