Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone been to trial and been acquitted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone been to trial and been acquitted?

A friend of mine has recently been had an accusation of rape dropped due to lack of evidence. He has agreed to be interviewed in an article I am writing on his experience. I was hoping to get a second interview with someone who has been to trial and been acquitted. If you have or know of someone who has and wouldn't mind being interviewed please get in touch. Thanks

acquitted

I have been acquitted,it was a 5 day trial, and i will never forget that week as long as i live. I was up against 3 women, took the jury half an hour to acquit me,i sobbed in the dock.
    To all the people in the same situation never give up and have faith, i was really up against it.
    I hope all of you on this site get acquitted as i did, as you all helped me when i asked for your help, thanks to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by golden View Post
      I have been acquitted,it was a 5 day trial, and i will never forget that week as long as i live. I was up against 3 women, took the jury half an hour to acquit me,i sobbed in the dock.
      To all the people in the same situation never give up and have faith, i was really up against it.
      I hope all of you on this site get acquitted as i did, as you all helped me when i asked for your help, thanks to you all.
      Would love to hear more of your story golden, it really does sound like you were up against it.

Comment

golden im so happy to hear there is some hope it's hard here in hell im sure all the innocent people who suffer everyday took a lot of inspiration from your short story i to long for my freedom from this dark period in my life I feel sorry for my poor parents seeing my old mother cry

Comment

Hello there

Originally posted by A RUINED LIFE View Post
          golden im so happy to hear there is some hope it's hard here in hell im sure all the innocent people who suffer everyday took a lot of inspiration from your short story i to long for my freedom from this dark period in my life I feel sorry for my poor parents seeing my old mother cry
          Hi there, im fairly new on here and not sure if you have read any of my posts,
          My son is going through the whole process at the minute, it has been going on for a year now. He has his preliminary hearing at the crown court on Monday 18th july and i am still not sure what to expect. A year on and i am still having sleepless nights.
          You must let your mum know about this site and let her read some of the posts, it gives you hope, as a mum i really know how she is feeling, coming on here and getting support has helped me through many dark days. It is so good to know your not alone in this and others are experiencing the same it gives you hope.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing, its good to get support during this unneccessary stress. Try to keep smiling

Comment

Originally posted by A RUINED LIFE View Post
            Good and sound advice from Kazzarat,

Realy sorry about your mum crying, but she cries out of her love for you and the hurt you are suffering as any mum would, a mothers love is one of the most precious things in life.

Please stay strong

Comment

Given hope

Thanks for posting Golden My husband has been accused by 3 also and it seems impossible to get out from under it so ur post has been a ray of light at the end of a very dark tunnel xx

Comment

I was accused , trialed and aquitted after spending in prison on remand 12 months

Originally posted by beglox View Post
                A friend of mine has recently been had an accusation of rape dropped due to lack of evidence. He has agreed to be interviewed in an article I am writing on his experience. I was hoping to get a second interview with someone who has been to trial and been acquitted. If you have or know of someone who has and wouldn't mind being interviewed please get in touch. Thanks
                I don't mind talking about the experience.

Comment

I had a 16 month wait for my trial to come to court. 4 days, got to the summing up, jury went out, i smoked what felt like 100 cigarettes and 90 minutes later, i was told those 2 magic words 'NOT GUILTY'. not quite the same as being aquitted but hell, it was 4 days that i will never, ever forget!!

Comment

Being found not guilty is an acquittal.

Comment

Originally posted by LS View Post
                      Being found not guilty is an acquittal.
                      Ahhh, my apologies, i was always led to believe that they were 2 slightly different versions of free. I stand corrected
                      I think it was down to simply hearing not guilty from the jury that confused me (and that i had never been to court as a defendant or suchlike lol)

Comment

Yes, there are two versions of "free" as you say:

1. NFA/No Further Action (ie case is dropped without going to a trial).
                        2. Charged and then found Not Guilty by a jury.

Comment

Ray of hope gone

Hi

I posted here a few short months ago on my partners behalf he was accused by 3 and found guilty though he is an innocent man ... heart broken

Comment

happy times

Originally posted by asimov View Post
                            I had a 16 month wait for my trial to come to court. 4 days, got to the summing up, jury went out, i smoked what felt like 100 cigarettes and 90 minutes later, i was told those 2 magic words 'NOT GUILTY'. not quite the same as being aquitted but hell, it was 4 days that i will never, ever forget!!
                            Hi we have waited 18 months for my sons it is due to begin on the 16th january its been a living hell i just want it over in one way but in the other i dont because i have my son right now and is he going to go to prison for something he hasnt done its killing me im so happy for you that its finally over i hope we are in your shoes soon

Comment

I wish we can share our experience to the media. We are currently undergoing the process, after 10 months of being on bail he was charged and the hearing starts january. It has been a miserable life. I cannot imagine how one person has the power to ruin someone's life by falsely accusing him.

We just met with the barrister today and he wasnt so sincere as our solicitor. and what we need right now is somebody to keep our hope up. To say these are the good points in your case and these are the bad ones. We didnt feel any connection with him and that push us down that miserable path again.

Once our process is over am sure my partner would be willing to be interviewed.

Comment

Working...
                              X