wrongful arrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrongful arrest

hi there im tango and i use to work as a doorman until the 31st of october when the club was short staffed i was made to remove a female from the female toilets alone, around 2 hours later i was arrested for rape. i went to the police station and was interveiwed and i told them how the girl begged me for her to stay in and said "i will do anything and i mean anything". i also told them that when i removed her that she said she will set me up. i have been rebailed now 3 times and was wondering how much longer this will go on for, the officer in charge said that her story had holes in it and mine was spot on with cctv so why is it taking so long.

Hi Tango,
    Sorry to hear about the situation you are in but you have come to the right place for a lot of practical advice and support.

If you check through some of the threads on here you will see that it can take several months for the Police to carry out their investigations and it isn't unusual to be bailed several times before they give you a decision even when they find that there is no case to answer.

If you have CCTV that will show that this is a false allegation I sincerely hope that the Police prosecute,let us know how you get on.

Comment

Hi I have cctv which cover me and the event and my interveiw tally up with it 100 per cent, the officer said the girl have holes in her story aswell, I just found out they have only just sent dna away and the female turned up to the club she was supposedly raped in, which to me prove its more lies.

Comment

This is why it takes so long,in my Grandson's case it was his mobile phone that had text messages on.

I was told there was quite a backlog on forensic analysis in the area where I live but I expect it is the same all over the country so it is just a case of being patient,I know how hard it is,we had to wait from July until December before the investigation was dropped.

Also the Police have to be seen to have carried out a full investigation,even when the truth is staring them in the face they won't be rushed.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I just don't understand because I have so many witnesses that heard her say she will set me up but the police haven't spoke to them, this girl have ruined my life and I have now been out of work since december, I heard her friend is doin a statement against her because she admitted that she set me up. Also she offered another doorman sex later on in the night, for entry as she was underage, hense why I removed her. I just feel like I'm getting set up.

Comment

Hi

Hi Tango,

From what you have posted your situation is looking positive, not that it takes away from the emotional upheaval you are going through.

There really is an urgent need for the police to start up a false accusers database.
            There seems to be a growing population of serial false accusers.

I hope her friend comes through and makes a statement to the police as that is evidence that cannot be ignored by the police or the CPS as that is substantive enough to pass the threshold test for her to be prosecuted.

If this goes any further and you need to get a solicitor make sure they know of this witness and get a statement from her and grab her as a witness and make sure the police et al don't try to hide the CCTV and third party statements or refuse to disclose them to your team.

If it does go further let us know and I will help you avoid the potholes.

P.s This applies to everyone who has been arrested and detained in a custody unit.

Under the Police And Criminal Evidence Act 1984 you are entitled to a complete copy of your custody record which you must request within 12 months of the date of your arrest.
            The next time you have to go for a Bail return ask the investigating officer for your copy. If he/she says; "oh we don't give them out" say: "It is my right
            Under PACE 1984 Code C 2.4A to request and be given a copy of my custody record".
            Then write to the duty solicitor and request a copy of the attendance notes and first disclosure and the notes written by the duty solicitor during interview.
            This can be eye opening and will give you a base on which to start developing your defence and rebuttal.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help I keep looking at my evidence but still have down days, iis there any way I can take here to court

Comment

Hi Tango, sorry to hear of the situation you are in but you have come to the right place for support and advice. The waiting is the worse part, so fingers crossed this will be over for you before much longer.

Comment

Hi tango good to see you found the site sorry about the circumstances though!

i have just been given a NFA today it took 4 weeks from the reported offence i was realsed no bail no charges as everyone says on the threads the waiting is the hardest thing! these things take time because they are such serious allegations you say you have witneses who back you up and the police haven't interviewed them, my guess is they check the CCTV and dont believe her there are a lot of things they need to check of before a reported crime can be NFA'd!

hang on in there!

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                    Thanks for the advice, I just don't understand because I have so many witnesses that heard her say she will set me up but the police haven't spoke to them, this girl have ruined my life and I have now been out of work since december, I heard her friend is doin a statement against her because she admitted that she set me up. Also she offered another doorman sex later on in the night, for entry as she was underage, hense why I removed her. I just feel like I'm getting set up.

This is not unusual. A decent copper will interview all witnesses.

Those unscrupulous officers who want to get promotion via any way regardless of truth,will NOT interview those witnesses. Make sure you have their contact details and ask them to write a recollection of everything they saw/heard so that a solicitor can contact them later, should the need arise.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Good luck, hope it comes out right for you.

Comment

Hang in there Tango, we're all in the most horrible position possible, accused of something you know you haven't done and one of the worst crimes to be accused of.
                        It can take a long time to get sorted out, even when there is tons of evidence to support you, which you luckily seem to have. Suppose its just hard to have people believe you're capable of what you're accused of, think thats one of the hardest parts for me.

Keep your head up, you've done nothing wrong and it will work out.

Comment

thanks guys im ment to be answering bail on the 31st of march, the police still havent contacted any of my witnesses and have only now sent my dna away. im furious that they have only now started to move after 4 months of having me hold on surely this is wrong. one of the girls friends said he wanted to change his statement because he backed the girl up after she offered him money but feels guilty and want to tell the police she told him she set me up surely this is enough to drop my charges? i dont think people realise how this affects the real victims here

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                            one of the girls friends said he wanted to change his statement because he backed the girl up after she offered him money but feels guilty and want to tell the police she told him she set me up surely this is enough to drop my charges? i dont think people realise how this affects the real victims here
                            If he has told you this and really means it, I would suggest you ring up the OIC and request another interview to put this forward. From your OP you haven't yet been charged but obviously you want the the matter NFA'd rather than go through the trauma of having to prove your innocence in court.

I'll (unusually) make a predicition and say that if the girl's friend is telling the truth and would be prepared to go in the witness box to back up his statement, it'll not get that far.

'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'
                            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

i just heard from my solicitor and he said the file is nearly complete and will go back to cps next week (for the 4th time). the police still havent spoke to my solicitor and because of this delay the cctv of her coming back to the club and saying to the manager she set me up has been wiped, this is crucial evidence and im furious, my solicitor said they prob have enough evidence and thats why they havent spoke to my witnesses. i still dont no whether or not they spoke to the girls friend, who said he want to do a statement as she admitted she set me up. the dc have missed so much evidence which i am not happy about. how do you guys think its goin i really cant take no more of this and i can see why people want to end there life over such a false claim.
                              i keep trying to smile through it all but it get hard

Comment

Working...
                              X