Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

partner accused of rape after 7 years! any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partner accused of rape after 7 years! any advice?

hi all, im new to this site. my partner was arrested in march 2010 at work, accused by his ex wife of rape that was supposed to have occurred in 2003. he has since been rebailed around 6 times and is due to be rebailed again on sunday. They seperated in 2006 and met somebody else. unfortunately the allegation distroyed the relationship he was in.
    the thing is, the accuser has been in a battle with my partner over him seeing his daughter which he subsequently won. we believe this is the reason she has made the accusations. plus her new partner is a police officer and we are worried that the process is being delayed due to him being on the force and working at the police station he has to attend to be rebailed. ( dna and paperwork has been lost twice).
    is there any advice on when this could end as i am extremely worried about his state of mind. he is becoming extremely depressed and just doesnt see the point in being around any more.

thanks for listening
    tt

Hello confused,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you are in but you have come to the right place for very good advice and a lot of support during what must be a very trying time for you.

It concerns me to hear that the accuser's partner is at the station where rebailing is taking place as although there are some good officers unfortunately there are some who will take advantage of their position.

Do you have a solicitor dealing with this and if so is he aware of this connection?

Comment

the solicitor knows but says that their hands are tied because it is now in the hands of the cps. just seems funny that paperwork goes missing all the time and her knew partner is stationed there. just feel as though we are fighting a losing battle and cant seem to get any advice or any news about how things are going. just keep saying that they are looking for evidence!
      is there a way of contacting cps without having to go through the solicitor? just looking for all ways that we can get some insight

Comment

Welcome

Welcome confused. This is an awful situation you all find yourself in so you have come to the right place. We will do our best to advise and support you through this ongoing ordeal.

Comment

I am concerned that her new partner works at the "investigating" police station. I am sure the investigation should have been transferred elsewhere to avoid a conflict of interest.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

sorry to hear about your situation.

your circumstances reminded of another thread, not sure if you have seen it.

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...on!&highlight=

Comment

You read my thoughts SH.

As RF said I definitely agree that,at the least,there is a conflict of interest here and the sol should be pursuing it.

I'm not sure that you can contact the CPS direct but perhaps further up the chain of command at the Police station or if that fails, your local MP.

Comment

Working...
              X