Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brother Falsely accused of Rape - withdrawn but .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother Falsely accused of Rape - withdrawn but .......

My brother is at an RAF Base which shall remain nameless.

In June he was awoken by the police in the early hours and questioned in relation to 'sexual assault' of someone from the night previously.

He has never been arrested for this and no charge has ever been put towards him. He's completely innocent and had a list of about 20 witnesses from the rugby club who could provide details of his whereabouts.

Nothing has been heard until today when he was summoned conveniantly (with only 2 weeks to charge) to the station where he was told the statement has been withdrawn. He was told not to bring a lawyer to the meeting and has been told at this meeting that this is going to be on his criminal record permenantly despite the withdrawl

Can somebody tell me whether this is true??

Thanks

Hi there Wire87

It's good news that the accusation has been withdrawn.
    Was your brother interviewed by the military?
    If he has not been arrested and questioned over this accusation, then it should not show on his record. If he was arrested and questioned, then yes, it would show up on an Enhanced CRB check.
    However, if the investigation was a military one there may be different rules. Unfortunately I don't know anything about military investigations, so can only advise on standard criminal procedures. And as I said, if he has never been arrested or interviewed in relation to this accusation, then there should be nothing on his record.

By the way, I deleted your duplicate post because you had posted it in the Been Raped section.

Saffron

Comment

He could approach the local Chief Constable with the details and see if he or she will remove the allegation. His local MP might help there as they sometimes can be very sympathetic in these situations.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I can answer the military question, Military police, raf police, Navy provost will always hand over to civilian police unless the "crime" is either committed on a military base or is committed against another service person. As a general rule Courts martial require less evidence to convict as there is no jury just 3 officers 1 of field rank (major or above) and 2 others, they must agree to convict and the sentence in serious cases tends to be so many months in military prison and then discharge to civvie nick. Military convictions are not CRB checkable hence the reason they tend to hand over to civvie police.

Comment

Thanks WorriedFather, good to know the info.

Comment

Working...
          X