Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need support

Hi all,
    On the 30th november 2009 i was arrested and accused of rape of 2 teenage girls, the cps have sent it back to the police twice now and im still waiting on bail. my first bail date was the 12th of april 2010, but this has now been extended till 8th june 2010 because the cps person is holidays. ok for some, in the meantime i am left suffering with very bad depression, its cost me my job. The officer dealing with the case only works 2 days a week and i firmly believe is not after the truth just a conviction, so thats no helping either.
    The whole system seems to be so one sided.
    Looking for support, thank you .

Hi totally destroyed, you've come to the right place for support. Sorry to see you here and the trouble that you're in.

They do seem to be dragging it out.
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Thanks rflh
      need all the felp i can get.
      I dont understand how it can take so long the first girl ( call her a and the other b) , girl a has been checked and is a virgin, i supposedly attacked her in july 09 but she came to stay in for a week in sept when her mum went on honeymoon.
      girl b says she was attacked between july 09 and sept 09, cant get closer to a date than that. and again was in touch with me and my wife right up to mid nov09.
      I just dont understand how this is still goining on.
      I am now lossing the plot.
      any support is greatly recieved.

Comment

Originally posted by totally destroyed View Post
        I dont understand how it can take so long
        The waiting for a decision is awful but do remember that much of the delay is because the CPS are not sure. They are going to crack on with the easy cases, the ones which they look likely to get a conviction with, and the others keep getting pushed to the back of the box.

I'm assuming you have not been charged yet, the police should charge as soon as there is sufficient evidence to prove the offence, so this is also hopeful.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi and welcome.

The waiting is terrible, but you can use this time to your advantage. Write down everything you can remember about what you were doing during the time of the "attacks" and think about why these girls would accuse you. If you can post a few more details (nothing identifying) it will help us advise you.

Saffron

Comment

sounds like your in the same boat as me m8...the girl in my case said some were between one date and another but cant rember when!! i thought if some one had some thing as bad as that happen they would rember every little detail i.e date-time-colour of wallpaper-what they were wearing-what he was wearing and so on so forth. yet i was told by my barrister the date means nothing, witch i dont agree with becasue if i have a date i can check though things and find out were i was and what i was doing on the date, but with the date's gone and leaving a gap of afew months how am i ment to give a anwser to were i was or what i was doing? sigh sorry to moan on your thread buddy.

Comment

hi

No probs
              I understand how you feel , its so frustrating. Try keep your chin up.

Comment

Originally posted by needhelp View Post
                sounds like your in the same boat as me m8...the girl in my case said some were between one date and another but cant rember when!! i thought if some one had some thing as bad as that happen they would rember every little detail i.e date-time-colour of wallpaper-what they were wearing-what he was wearing and so on so forth. yet i was told by my barrister the date means nothing, witch i dont agree with becasue if i have a date i can check though things and find out were i was and what i was doing on the date, but with the date's gone and leaving a gap of afew months how am i ment to give a anwser to were i was or what i was doing? sigh sorry to moan on your thread buddy.

The indictment would read "on a date between the xth of month A 2008 and the yth of month B 2009 Mr Z committed whatever on a child/woman aged ......."

This is not unusual as if the alleged offence took place some time ago then unless it was a memorable occasion (such as Christmas day or a birthday) then the complainant is unlikely to remember the exact date. I agree that if it's recent they are more likely to know the date, time of day etc. But the police are under pressure to increase convictions for rape so they now include alleged acts that are not actually rape at all, but are so classed/defined and unfortunately sentenced as such as well.

Oral sex without consent is now classed as rape. It has recently been suggested that digital penetration or penetration with an object (without consent) is to be classed as rape as well. So the new figures for convictions of rape (or alleged rape in the cases of those who contest it) are actually not true figures at all as they relate to alleged offences that clearly are NOT rape as we understand it to be.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

That's unbelievable. The whole system is so one sided.

Comment

yeah my barrister said he was not that fussed about her remebering the date but she says it was between oct-nov 2009 and i was arrested in jan 5h 2010 so not a big gap for her to forget the date i'd say ...just hope my barrister see's that.

Comment

It's not about your barrister seeing that - it's about how the Crown writes the indictment.

Your barrister is bound by what the judge will admit into the evidence. It is also about your barrister having the balls to fight for you.

The recent trial in Coventry opened my eyes - defence refused to back down to the judge even after being "invited" to sit down. She refused point blank and continued to argue, Crown QC saw the case for what it was and offered no evidence.

Try to lose your pre-conceived ideas of how the trial should be run, you need to know about rules of admissibility and "character". This can make or break a defence case.

Comment

I would've loved to have been there. Only one female barrister who I kno who'd argue to a judge, but she's a judge herself now. Which is just as well, as she wasn't a very good barrister. Just liked bullying her own agenda across.....

Comment

This barrister sometimes sits as a judge but I can tell you she is one sh*t hot barrister. She did not bully across her arguments across but spoke in a medium tone, clearly and concisely.

She was up until 3am some mornings working on the case.

Had it not been that her argument on an abuse of process + admissibility of evidence flummoxed the trial judge, our man would probably be sitting in prison right now.

She was not argumentative as such, but assertive and politely but firmly put her points across.

Comment

bad day

Hi all,
                            having a low day, just cant seem to function today, all to much.

Comment

so low

Hi to all
                              This has been going on for so long now, I have put a complaint in to the chief constable and still had no reply. I am so low I can't even be bothered to get out of bed anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X