No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is brilliant news - well done to the jury for seeing the lies - pity the police didn't.

Have you seen this post? (if you're 25 ish - not that I know your age!!)

bbcradioonedavehoward

Rape defendant anonymity
    Hi,

I am a reporter for BBC Radio One's Newsbeat programme.

I want to speak to people who have been falsely accused of rape, and who can talk about the impact it's had on their life.

It's for a radio feature I want to make, looking into the government's plans (or former plans if this talk of a u-turn's true) to bring in anonymity for rape defendants.

Please email me at dave.howard.01@bbc.co.uk with your details if you're interested in finding out more.

Best wishes,

Dave Howard
    BBC Radio One Newsbeat and 1Xtra News
    And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

That's fantastic news, I am so pleased for you.
      I hope you can get access to your daughter, and put this ordeal behind you

Comment

Brilliant news, WDIED.
        Now what you can do is try to return to normality, As RFLH says, maybe contact Dave Howard as he is looking for those in just your situation, and your views may just help to influence this not being allowed to happen to someone else.
        Good Luck

Comment

This is great news WDIED, and justice has been done even if it never should have gone to court in the first place.

After the initial relief be prepared to not feel really ok for several months.
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Great result kiddo! The trial went on for four weeks - one accuser and one allegation? That's usually a four day affair or less!! Ye gods what a waste of tax-payers money!
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thats a GREAT result.Take some time out to recover. and this will take time.

Comment

thats fantastic news! must be brilliant to finally be able to get on with your life.
                "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

thats great news , im so pleased for you ,hope you can move on , good luck

Comment

Hi there every one,

People keep telling me i can claim some sort of compensation for the amount of time ive spent on remand and also for the duration of time on bail. Is this true and if so where, who, what do i go to?? I cant seem to find anything about it. All i can find is that if she had got away with it and id been sent to prison she would have got a massive pay out!! Ive lost every thing, my house, seeing my daughter, potentialy my job. Not to mention the loss of earnings for the last 8 months and the effect its had on my whole life, mentally included.

The police have also told me that they will not be looking to prosocute her for lying on oath, they said people do it all the time and the courts would be filled with to over flowing with purjury cases. Is this correct? She cant get away with this. It took the jury less than 20 minutes to aquit me, that speaks volumes after a trial lasting over the 4 weeks.

Thanks

Comment

^i was told the same when the guy who raped me lied under oath saying i stalked him (i was detained under section at the time so no way could i have stalked him). police said it costs too much and the cps won't pay for it.

i was under the impression you only got compensation in some rare situations like you go to prison and later it is found someone else committed the crime or if she was found guilty of falsely accussing you. i may well be wrong so don't quote me.
                      "I dreamt I went to the doctor's and she gave me eight minutes to live. I'd been sitting in the f**king waiting room half an hour." Sarah Kane (4.48 Psychosis)

Comment

as far as I'm aware you get nothing - not even an apology. If you are wrongly imprisoned and then win your appeal they charge you for bed and board out of compensation.
                        And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then made the world round .... and laughed and laughed and laughed ..

Comment

Originally posted by RFLH View Post
                          as far as I'm aware you get nothing - not even an apology. If you are wrongly imprisoned and then win your appeal they charge you for bed and board out of compensation.

....................if you are lucky enough to be compensated for wrongful conviction.....
                          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

yes, there is that!!

Comment

Working...
                            X