Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still impacted by false allegation 9 years later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still impacted by false allegation 9 years later.

Hello, I am new here so please bare with me as I try to get the hang of things, I've never really used a forum for anything before.

I was FA 9 years ago when I had just turned 16 years old. I was accused by the individuals father not herself, thankfully she had my back through out, because of this it was all over with fairly quickly and I was never charged. Naturally though many people would speak about me as if I had done it, especially at the age I was at, when people are even more prone to gossiping etc. The FA significantly impacted my life and mental health. Even up until this last year I would have recurrent nightmares about the arrest. I have made improvements over time but I feel like I haven't made enough considering it will have been a decade next year. For anybody that has been through a FA and has experience with this, could you please lend me any advice that you have for I suppose getting over the whole thing and moving on? Thankyou

This nonsense isnt worth 1 more day of your life. Move on, get some counselling if needs be. But to let yourself regurgitate past suffering is self destructive. I know ive done it myself for years on end. This world is far from perfect , the police ,the criminal justice system and the idiots who still give you a hard time. In the end not all women are screw balls who make false allegations, so go out and meet one, and live a decent life, your too young to care about what people think.
    Last edited by IRB777; 7 October 2021, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear this still is an issue for you , My case was nfa just over ten years ago , the first year or so I lived under what could have happened if her story hadn't fallen apart , where would i have been , and so on . So i can apricate the stress you have been living under all this time .

My way forward was i knew i was innocent of the allegations placed against me , if i let it affect me after the case was closed the FA has won , she moved on and didn't give my mental health a second thought both during and after the case , so I knew i had to do the same
      You cannot change the the past, put all your effort into moving forward , please don't let this ruin the rest of your life

take care
      Last edited by 990; 9 October 2021, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Hello and a belated welcome to the forum,

I wasn't sure that I could respond in a positive fashion to your post but reading the replies from two longstanding and valued members has crystallised my thinking.....the fact that we are all still active on the forum suggests that the experience we have all been through leaves a lasting imprint which will always be there in our history.

As suggested though, this memory gets left further and further behind as we journey on through life and takes up less and less thinking time during the day.

If you can accept these thoughts may never completely)disappear it may help you cope and hopefully any resultant change in personality is for the better (as per my signature!)
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
        X